Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Gylfi Sigurdsson

3 hours ago, bpfox said:

U HAVE HIT THE NAIL ON ITS HEAD, untill they start spending their money, we will just go around in circles. they will only do enough to stay in the top flight.hope iam wrong but cant see it.

Are you joking?

2010- bought the club for £39 Million

2010-2013- Cleared the £103 Million Debt whilst also pumping in £120 Million in investment.

£262 Million out of their own pocket in the first 3 years of ownership followed by the next season 2013-14 losing £21 million!!!

£282 Million out of their own pocket is not spending their own money? Bear in mind this is prior to any success. 

1 hour ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

And there is a big difference in being 6th and finishing top by 10 points. Why should they not oversee us on a secure footing without throwing their money at it. We are hardly at crisis and as bad as it was at times last season are we really that far away with our best team firing?

I've not suggested they do throw their own money at it, you're twisting it completely.  They are free to do exactly as they wish and I'd rather have a club that runs on it's own money, but the fact remains if you want to break into the top 6 REGULARLY you need to spend money every season and lots of it. We have a couple of years where we can outspend people like Stoke and Palace... and then we won't be able to. We'll be in no better position to break into that group than they will.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, people are completely deluding themselves if they think we can reach that level and stay there without the money. It might happen now and again, but without the cash you lose your best players and your manager and end up at square one again.

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I've not suggested they do throw their own money at it, you're twisting it completely.  They are free to do exactly as they wish and I'd rather have a club that runs on it's own money, but the fact remains if you want to break into the top 6 REGULARLY you need to spend money every season and lots of it. We have a couple of years where we can outspend people like Stoke and Palace... and then we won't be able to. We'll be in no better position to break into that group than they will.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, people are completely deluding themselves if they think we can reach that level and stay there without the money. It might happen now and again, but without the cash you lose your best players and your manager and end up at square one again.

Don't forget FFP....

I like that we're starting to develop our u23's. Bringing through our own talent could be a way of sustaining a top 6 finish, without having to splash loads of cash.

Towards the end of last season, the u23's seemed to be playing a similar style to our first team. Hopefully that continues.

A balance between bringing players through & new signings would give us a bright future.

48 minutes ago, Unclebuck1983 said:

Are you joking?

2010-2013- Cleared the £103 Million Debt whilst also pumping in £120 Million in investment.

£262 Million out of their own pocket in the first 3 years of ownership followed by the next season 2013-14 losing £21 million!!!

£282 Million out of their own pocket is not spending their own money? Bear in mind this is prior to any success. 

Shame there is no "super like" option lol. People don't know how lucky we really are. Some folk also seem to think that our maiden title win makes us more attractive than Man Utd.

39 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Don't forget FFP....

Difficult one really and unless you know the minuet detail, impossible to work out. Cash from players sold and champions league can be used as proven increase in revenue meaning you can raise your wages accordingly. With quite a bit of cash coming in from player sales, the huge amount from champions league, potential money coming in from Mahrez, there is a lot of wiggle room there to increase your wages substantially above the premier league set amount of only £7m per season. As we would have done I'm sure last season when we gave everyone a pay rise.

Obviously the European rules are a different story, but I'm sure equally there is wiggle room providing you're generating cash in one way or another.

10 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Everton are a better choice than us currently. However if we are to progress at all we need players like Gilfy. Get it done. Stop nagging about. 

Debatable but even more reason to get this done before they are flush from selling Lukaku and Barkley. We don't want to get in a bidding war with a club that had just got 150m from transfers. 120k per week and his agent will be telling him he should be signing. 5 year deal takes him up to 32. Could be his last major contract and set him up for life. I think right now we would be in pole position if we move quickly.

1 hour ago, Unclebuck1983 said:

Are you joking?

You probably need to read the post he was replying to that specifically stated in the premier league, not the championship.

Also, I have no idea where the hell you're getting your figures from. The £103m debt was mostly run up by them in the first place and includes all their investment. There is no £120m on top of that.

11 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Everton are a better choice than us currently. However if we are to progress at all we need players like Gilfy. Get it done. Stop nagging about. 

Everton's team still needs a lot of work. Reading their forums, the fans seem to think they need:

A new keeper

A new starting RB

2 New CB's

a new back up LB

Consistent wingers

Barkley Replacement

Lukaku Replacement

They aren't going to be able to get all that in the summer. The congested fixture list due to the Europa could really mess them up next season.

34 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Difficult one really and unless you know the minuet detail, impossible to work out. Cash from players sold and champions league can be used as proven increase in revenue meaning you can raise your wages accordingly. With quite a bit of cash coming in from player sales, the huge amount from champions league, potential money coming in from Mahrez, there is a lot of wiggle room there to increase your wages substantially above the premier league set amount of only £7m per season. As we would have done I'm sure last season when we gave everyone a pay rise.

Obviously the European rules are a different story, but I'm sure equally there is wiggle room providing you're generating cash in one way or another.

One thing about FFP is sponsorship money, and the rules related to "related" companies such as King Power: The money has to be market value, to keep owners from striking lucrative contracts with themselves to circumvent FFP.

The title win did wonders for the King Power brand in particular, and certainly raised the profile of the club in Thailand, where some of the other sponsors are based. The club now has the numbers to show the "market value" of LCFC sponsorship is exponentially higher now than it was in the summer of 2015, especially in Thailand.

So even in the medium term, the FFP situation is better than a lot of other midtable teams.

2 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

So even in the medium term, the FFP situation is better than a lot of other midtable teams.

IF they chose to put the money in, which as far as we know they currently don't.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Twisting what?  I believe that we do not have to spend fortunes over and above what we have made this season to challenge for the top 6.  We certainly do not need the owners to put their hand in their pockets to achieve this and if we are up the the rewards are obvious meaning we can use that to keep investing and growing.  We are not in a position to buy a 60m marquee signing but then who is? Spurs are not, yet they were close to winning the league last season.  Did they spend so much more than us or just spend better?

11 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Did they spend so much more than us or just spend better?

Spurs are a much more attractive and easier sell to a player than we are. We will have to pay well over the odds to attract the type of players that would be debating whether to go to Spurs or come to us.

2 hours ago, Unclebuck1983 said:

Are you joking?

Think he probably meant spending on proven players like the gilf.

1 minute ago, Milo said:

Spurs are a much more attractive and easier sell to a player than we are. We will have to pay well over the odds to attract the type of players that would be debating whether to go to Spurs or come to us.

Maybe but they still recruited to compliment what they already had and did not try to change.  That is what knackered us last season the idea we needed to change the way we played.  It knackered us in the first season where we almost went down under Pearson too.

24 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

I believe that we do not have to spend fortunes over and above what we have made this season to challenge for the top 6.

Well you are just wrong and the all the league position trends show that, other than the odd one off money dictates league position. There is good reason the top six is more often than not the biggest 6 teams in the country. Something we should aim for, yeah sure... but you have to be realistic.

24 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

We certainly do not need the owners to put their hand in their pockets to achieve this and if we are up the the rewards are obvious meaning we can use that to keep investing and growing.  We are not in a position to buy a 60m marquee signing but then who is? Spurs are not, yet they were close to winning the league last season.  Did they spend so much more than us or just spend better?

Name me a team that has cemented themselves in the top 6 without spending a lot of money? Do not say Spurs as it's a total fallacy that they haven't spent because they have.  £70.13m last season, £60.35m the year before, £41.20m the year before that, £103.59m the year before that, £62.26m the year before that. All whilst running a wage bill that was twice what we had when we won the league.

We were a bloody glorious one off, but not sustainable in any way shape or form. Spurs are a good model as what they spent is often what they've recouped from their "flops", but they still had to pump in huge amounts of cash on those assets in the first place. They signed a good manager and good players, but if they don't up their wages they will all get picked off and they will go back to being not much more than a London based Everton.

To get close to them and challenge consistently (I'm talking decades, not a couple of seasons) there is no other feasibleway. Picking the perfect manager and getting recruitment almost perfect will work, but that just doesn't happen.

So to answer your question, Spurs have spent vastly more than us over the last 5 years.

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

You probably need to read the post he was replying to that specifically stated in the premier league, not the championship.

Also, I have no idea where the hell you're getting your figures from. The £103m debt was mostly run up by them in the first place and includes all their investment. There is no £120m on top of that.

All printed in the Leicester Mercury roughly 2 years ago.

You are more than welcome to google it.

We have players worth 10's of millions, spent 10's of millions on players, won the premier league, got to the quarters of the champions league, according to Forbes in the top 20 richest clubs in the world all down to our owners and their money.

I would take all of that over Scunthorpe on a Tuesday night watching Marty Fryatt attempt to play football.

I am more than confident the owners will do what is right for the club.

http://m.leicestermercury.co.uk/leicester-city-owner-sees-wealth-soar-800m/story-26118118-detail/story.html

3 minutes ago, Unclebuck1983 said:

All printed in the Leicester Mercury roughly 2 years ago.

You are more than welcome to google it.

And so are you to prove it. Not a chance they put that much in, the debt they wrote off stemmed mostly from the money they spent. You're effectively counting the same money twice.

I don't know why you're bleating on, you were wrong just accept it and apologise to the bloke. What you have rambled on about was nothing to do with the point being made. People think just because they are billionaires they will put the money in, they haven't shown any willingness to do so since we got into this league and constantly repeat they want is self sufficient. Nothing wrong with that... but if that's how they want to do it, their wealth has nothing to do with our potential as they aren't spending it.

And where did the money come from that enabled us to get into this league....?  I think I recall that we had one of the largest wage bills in the Championship.  I guess you'd sooner we went back to an owner like MM!

And those clappers aren't cheap!

Archived