Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Bournemouth (Home) Pre-Match Thread

32 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Absolutely . Let's make these feckers worry about our attacking threat we are the outgoing champions they are dog crap 

Bit harsh!... 

I think they're a very good hardworking team and Eddie Howe has got the very best out of them... 

Wish we could make him our new Manager! 

12 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Win it and Shakey gets the gig. Lose it and he doesn't, imho. 

We should win this if the players can be arsed, otherwise their lack of effort will cost everyone except them. 

After the embarrassment of the other night, if they can't be motivated enough to put a full blooded effort filled performance in, regardless of the result,  then Shakespeare definitely isn't the man for the job imo. 

Going to enjoy tomorrow as sadly it will be the last time we see a number of history makers in the blue shirt......massive decision this week on the gaffer and a really tricky summer ahead,,,,,,,I hope the owners are brave as I think we may need an inspiring pre-season in the transfer market with someone capable of attracting real talent!

Got a sad feeling for this game. 

Last year we we had the same cloud of how many of the players on the pitch will still be here next season but the euphoria of winning the league kept the feeling at bay. 

This year, it really is at the forefront for me. I hope, we still see a lot at the start of next season. 

Any way go go out with a bang - 3-0 City, Vardy x2 Kaputska (a star is born).

2 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

It did

When?

There was not a single time that we were in the relegation zone with Claudio in charge. (I'm not counting any "live tables".)

Whether we did or didn't

Still love the guy......... always will  

Best 4 months of any year in my life............. 2016

Just love the guy and every single member of the Team and Staff who were there at the time.

I can die knowing that the team I supported most of my life Won the League   :scarf:     :worship:     :beer:

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

Bit harsh!... 

I think they're a very good hardworking team and Eddie Howe has got the very best out of them... 

I admire Eddie Howe and the job he's done at Bournemouth,but he and the club go hand in hand,I don't think us and him would suit each other at all

I hope Shakey doesn't give up on the 352 after the Spurs match. I thought the formation change was working very well and their third was pretty much against the run of play at the time.

His real mistake (IMO) was the Gray for Benny sub. I had expected him to bring Gray on but thought it would be for Mahrez who looked like he had decided to take the evening off.

9 hours ago, weller54 said:

Bit harsh!... 

I know - I was trying to rally the troops after a lot of gloomy predictions lol

shouldnt have finished that last bottle 

So, about this last day theme of "already on the beach"...I draw the line at Speedo's but will dig out my worst Hawain shirt and flip flop combo so long as I'm not the only one going for it. It makes sense, both teams safe, Bournemouth being on the coast, a gorgeous hot sunny day..well 2 out of 3 isn't bad. Now where did I put my inflatable beach ball, I think it's in the inflatables drawer with the dinosaur I found last year and my "friend" Kylie.

Bournemouth have shown they can score a few goals recently

we have shown we can't defend too well without any centre backs

anyone thinking this will be a 'cake walk' needs to rethink 

today could be the day to play 'attack v defence ' as they may not want to commit too many forward to support their front line 

So..!  We have reached that stage, We all waited with baited breath  What this season would bring..

It shocked and frustrated us all..We were so poor, we "knew"  we would be relegated...

Then the turn around..

But what now, is it fair to expect...A Shakespeare and team showing, from today.??

Is there more c riding on today...???

Stat time 

• After winning four successive games in the second tier against Bournemouth, Leicester are without a Premier League victory in three contests (D2 L1).
  • Bournemouth have kept a clean sheet in their last two league games against Leicester, after going six without one.
  • Jamie Vardy scored the winning goal for Leicester the last time they beat Bournemouth at home in a league match in October 2013.
  • For just the third time in the 11 Premier League seasons, the Foxes will be finishing the season at home, winning their previous two, including a 5-1 win over QPR at the end of the 2014-15 campaign.
  • Bournemouth are away on the final day of season for the fourth successive campaign (W1 D1 L2), with the Cherries last home game on final day coming in League One against Preston North End in 2012.
  • Bournemouth’s next goal in the Premier League will be their 100th in the competition – Joshua King has scored 22 of their 99 so far, twice the total of any other Cherries player.
  • Josh King has 16 Premier League goals this season and this is the third highest scoring season by a Norwegian player. Only Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (18 goals in 1996-97 and 17 goals in 2001-02) has managed more in a single PL campaign.
  • Eddie Howe’s side have already surpassed their points total from last season (42) and could record a top-half finish in their second-ever top-flight season.
  • Leicester themselves could finish in the top-half for consecutive seasons for the first time in the Premier League since 1999/2000.
  • 11 different English players have made 20+ Premier League appearances for Bournemouth this season. The last Premier League team to do this were Aston Villa in 2000-01 (also 11 players).
  • After winning his first five Premier League games in charge of Leicester City, Craig Shakespeare has enjoyed just two wins in his last seven games as their manager in the competition (W2 D1 L4).

A victory today, and therefore a top-half finish, would bring a very satisfying conclusion to what has been a turbulent, see-saw season. I feel that anything less will leave something of a bitter taste.

With the future of the manager and several players also up in the air, I'd say it's a pretty important 'dead rubber' and needs to be taken seriously by all concerned - especially after what happened on Thursday.

I want to see us attack from the first minute and give everything for the next 90.

Archived