Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Bournemouth (Home) Pre-Match Thread

lets just give the players and the fans a great send off for the summer with a decent performance and win, a win and we are top ten and at the start of the season if you had said quarter finals of the Champions League and a top ten finish most fans would have taken that especially with all the upheaval with Claudio's sacking and everything!

Schmeichel

Simpson   Benalouane   Amartey   Fuchs

Mahrez       Ndidi       King       Albrighton

Vardy     Slimani

Try Amartey in CB. Give Slimani pitch time alongside Vardy. Don't lose 1-6.

I'm glad that we have this match, it gives the team the chance to end the season on a high as opposed to the Spurs debacle.

I hope Shakey puts out a team that wants to be there, no point carrying passengers who just want to avoid an injury so that they can be off in the summer.

Kasper

Simpson             Benny              Fuchs

Albrighton              King              Ndidi             Chilwell   

Mahrez

Vardy             Slimani

25 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Kasper

Simpson             Benny              Fuchs

Albrighton              King              Ndidi             Chilwell   

Mahrez

Vardy             Slimani

If only. But now after the Spurs trashing, he'll never try it against Bournemouth.

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

If only. But now after the Spurs trashing, he'll never try it against Bournemouth.

Personally I think he has to try it. I cant fathom why he thought 4-4-2 last night was a good idea when Fuchs is playing CB. At least with the above formation Chilwell and Albrighton would have given us 5 across the back when defending, Fuchs was dragged all over the place last night which gave Benny no hope. As soon as I saw the team sheet I was worried. 

In fact I would like to see Wasilewski play. I cant believe he cant get in ahead of Fuchs at CB it amazes me. His final game for us as well

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Personally I think he has to try it. I cant fathom why he thought 4-4-2 last night was a good idea when Fuchs is playing CB. At least with the above formation Chilwell and Albrighton would have given us 5 across the back when defending, Fuchs was dragged all over the place last night which gave Benny no hope. As soon as I saw the team sheet I was worried. 

In fact I would like to see Wasilewski play. I cant believe he cant get in ahead of Fuchs at CB it amazes me. His final game for us as well

If Shakey didn't let him in, it's for a good reason. The few I saw from Wasil this year tells me that he's now miles off the PL standards.

Bournemouth aren't Tottenham and it's a game for nothing anyway. The 4-4-2 should handle them well. I'd have liked to see the 3-5-2 against the Spurs.

Thought King did well until his injury against Man City, would much prefer him in the team to Amartey but **** do we need to sort out depth next season (hopefully Barnes, James & Mendy will go some way to doing that)

Last night was a great illustration of why playing riyad behind the strikers only works if the opposition do not have strong, athletic holding midfielders 

poor fella was totally lost there 

made the change of gray for benny even more confusing, given it meant we were left with just wilf in midfield with riyad dipping in and out of the area. Riyad should have gone off. Especially as his form was awful - so why did shakey persist with a player who is apparently leaving in a couple weeks?? Odd to say the least. 

Who will bournemouth play holding ??

4 hours ago, LCCFox96 said:

Schmeichel

Vardy     Slimani

Think Chilwell was our best player v Spurs a shame for him to miss out, think I'd put Chilwell in for Slimani an play Mahrez free role where ever he wants ( just tell him to get on the ball in attacking 3rd no defensive duties), Albrighton RM Chilwell LM

I'll be so glad when this game has come and gone, I just want this season over.

I'll be bored over the summer but I just wanna draw a line under this season and move on.

The CL has been a great, fun, exciting experience and something to be very proud of, something that won't be forgotten, as for the league campaign, very forgettable (Or we will try) yeah we've turned it around and could finish midtable, more down to how poor the league is rather than anything else - we should have been dead and buried, obviously i'm glad it turned out the way it did though but taking the league campaign as a whole it's been pretty disappointing and depressing, the last few months have been enjoyable but last night ruined alot of that and i'm ready for it to end now.

Anyone who wants to go, just go, quickly, see what we're left with regards players and management, recruit :unsure:, recruit well :unsure: and move on, start a fresh, hopefully a positive one.

Only going for the last session of the season. 

Would be nice to finish top half but is no reflection on Shakespeare if we don't. His future won't be decided on this, nor will any of the players. Give some younger lads a run out. Would be nice to say thank and say goodbye to Leo and probably Riyad and then maybe kidnap Kasper and hide him until next season.

Two iffy defences - I can see us missing another penalty and losing 7-1, so Shaky can be retired on what we gave him for saving us from relegation.

The managers job will afterwards be advertised with applications invited from any former Premiership-standard players under 40 who have a minimum of 10 years experience as a top flight boss, hold a minimum 50 caps for their country and who have developed extensive football contacts in Europe, Africa, Turkish prisons and the Galapagos Islands. 

Terms and conditions will iinclude an excellent renumeration package but two strict conditions: a) A requirement not to lose by five goals or more against any team and b) Not to lose against anyone in the bottom half of the Premiership on the day of the match in question.

5 hours ago, LCCFox96 said:

Schmeichel

Vardy     Slimani

Think Chilwell was our best player v Spurs a shame for him to miss out, think I'd put Chilwell in for Slimani an play Mahrez free role where ever he wants ( just tell him to get on the ball in attacking 3rd no defensive duties), Albrighton RM Chilwell LM

If King can't play Albrighton CM, Grey RM

Archived