Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Bournemouth (Home) Pre-Match Thread

1 hour ago, Chico1958 said:

£15.2 million riding on this game

In the words of ( Not Sure )

Must Win   :fc:

That is almost certainly the case for Leicester City, whose 6-1 home thrashing by Tottenham Hotspur on Thursday night ensured up to £15.2 million would be at stake in their match at Bournemouth.

The deposed champions could theoretically finish anywhere between eighth and 16th, depending on their result and those elsewhere, with each place in the table worth an additional £1.9 million in prize money. Bournemouth have up to £6.6 million riding on the outcome of the game, given they could end up between eighth and 12th.

Its impossible to finish 16th..west ham (42) play burnley (40) and unless both teams somehow obtain 3 points one is guareented below us...and to finish below watford we would need to lose, watford beat man city and their be an 8 goal swing which i find highely unlikely despite what happened againist spurs...so i'd say 14th would be worst case scenario

1 hour ago, Jfox90 said:

Its impossible to finish 16th..west ham (42) play burnley (40) and unless both teams somehow obtain 3 points one is guareented below us...and to finish below watford we would need to lose, watford beat man city and their be an 8 goal swing which i find highely unlikely despite what happened againist spurs...so i'd say 14th would be worst case scenario

Don't shoot the messager............. it says between 8th  and 16th not 8th or 16th  so we're playing for 9,10,11,12,13,14th . :thumbup:

This is a big game really for Shakespeare, he needs to bounce back after the awful performance on Thursday. I think we will have enough to see of Bournemouth at home. We owe them one as they are quickly becoming a bit of a bogey side. 2-1  City. (Vardy, Slimani)

I'd like to see us start with the strongest possible line up, with respect for Bournemouth and aware they're playing for prize money places too but if we can get to 60 minutes 2 or 3 up (and after the Stoke and Watford games I don't think that's too unrealistic) then I'd like to see a little bit of something different and interesting such as an appearance by Kaputska and a presumed farewell for Wasilewski, then 20 minutes or so for one of our younger centre halves. I don't really see this approach as falling between two stools (which coincidentally I'll be doing in the Kings Head after the game) but I'm aware that it risks ending up 2-2 or 3-3 and costing a few million for the sake of a bit of sentimentality and a degree of experimentation. Just want something different to Slimani replacing Shinji on 60 minutes.

Of all the clubs that have reached 40 points (including top five, and us), only Bournemouth and Spurs have improved on a points-per-game basis after getting there.

Of course for the Cherries that is all of two games, vs Stoke and Burnley, who were already there.

2 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

That's even worse than where we finished two years ago 

I think Rob is saying we were in freefall and looked likely to be relegated so 16th would've sounded pretty good back then.

On 19 May 2017 at 10:21, LCCFox96 said:

Schmeichel

Simpson   Benalouane   Amartey   Fuchs

Mahrez       Ndidi       King       Albrighton

Vardy     Slimani

Try Amartey in CB. Give Slimani pitch time alongside Vardy. Don't lose 1-6.

Put Chilly in for Amartey and don't think you will be far off

2 hours ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

So you're telling me when we dropped into the relegation zone when Ranieri was in charge you wouldn't have taken 16th?

Never happened.

Just now, FireFox said:

Never happened.

When we dropped into the relegation zone between Ranieri being sacked and Craig Shakespeare's first game really amounts to the same thing doesn't it?

23 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I want a good performance and a good result tomorrow to go into the summer with a clear focus.

Absolutely . Let's make these feckers worry about our attacking threat we are the outgoing champions they are dog crap 

Archived