Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Bournemouth (Home) Pre-Match Thread

10 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Think Chilwell was our best player v Spurs a shame for him to miss out, think I'd put Chilwell in for Slimani an play Mahrez free role where ever he wants ( just tell him to get on the ball in attacking 3rd no defensive duties), Albrighton RM Chilwell LM

If King can't play Albrighton CM, Grey RM

Albrighton in CM? Not so sure on that.

If we're serious about keeping Slimani, then he has to play imo. Might as well give him the pitch time if its a meaningless game and we want to use Vardy/Slimani next season. If not then I get arguments about Okazaki up top but not Vardy as a lone striker with Mahrez in a free role behind him.

I also don't understand the fixation with Chilwell on the left wing and Fuchs behind him, it's been piss whenever we've used it. Use Gray, an actual winger, on the left wing or just go with Albrighton. Agree it's harsh for Chilwell to miss out after Thursday but with 2 of our regular back 4 out, I don't see why we'd choose to remove a 3rd in Fuchs.

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

Babysits Kapustka

Hmmm.  If he's fit why isn't he playing. I know he's getting past it but surely he's a better option for Benny's substitution yesterday.

4 minutes ago, Smudge said:

Hmmm.  If he's fit why isn't he playing. I know he's getting past it but surely he's a better option for Benny's substitution yesterday.

No way, we were being totally overrun in midfield and already had one lazy AM on the pitch, replacing the CD with a CM and putting another lazy AM who refuses to head the ball on, was the best option to get the result we did.;)

A win would be nice but with our injury issues and players already in holiday mode I reckon it will be another loss and the season ends on a total damp squib

1 hour ago, LCCFox96 said:

Albrighton in CM? Not so sure on that.

If we're serious about keeping Slimani, then he has to play imo. Might as well give him the pitch time if its a meaningless game and we want to use Vardy/Slimani next season. If not then I get arguments about Okazaki up top but not Vardy as a lone striker with Mahrez in a free role behind him.

I also don't understand the fixation with Chilwell on the left wing and Fuchs behind him, it's been piss whenever we've used it. Use Gray, an actual winger, on the left wing or just go with Albrighton. Agree it's harsh for Chilwell to miss out after Thursday but with 2 of our regular back 4 out, I don't see why we'd choose to remove a 3rd in Fuchs.

If king is out Albrighton CM, just feel which ever way u do it, it's a cobbled together team, 4-4-2 is better, if Amartey plays CB an king is out, it's very thin on options for CM that's all I was saying, it's not my 1st option Albrighton CM, play Gray an Albrighton then if your thinking of next sesson, Mahrez is probably gone.

Who would u play CM if King injured an your playing Amartey CB? Ndidi an who?

3 hours ago, steveherbe said:

Jeez, 280 mile round trip for a free beer and programme, bargain. Count me in, see you all in SK1

So many people down here asking me why I drove up for last night and surprised I'm doing it all over again on Sunday! 

I hope the boys have something left in the tank against a side who are notoriously fit. 

22 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

That result and media backlash will hurt the chaps. Normality will be restored in a 3-1 win.

I quite like the look of this 3-4-1-2 that we played 2nd half vs Madrid and the first 20 mins of the 2nd half vs Spurs before they destroyed us. Given our distinct lack of defenders I think it's worth a go from the off.

Schmeichel

Simpson

Benalouane

Fuchs

Albrighton

Ndidi

Amartey

Chilwell

Gray

Slimani

Vardy

Sadly I think Mahrez has played his last game for us. Hope that's not how he's bowing out, still the most gifted player ever to play for us in this modern era. A wizard. Please give it one last push boys on Sunday, you saved an atrocious season and now let's not end it on a bad note. 

Vardy (2)

Slimani

Mahrez does not deserve to start, for the total disrespect he has shown to both club and fans virtually the whole season. 

Get him gone and let's move on. 

4 hours ago, red5 said:

No way, we were being totally overrun in midfield and already had one lazy AM on the pitch, replacing the CD with a CM and putting another lazy AM who refuses to head the ball on, was the best option to get the result we did.;)

I'm on board, however, I do think we cold have done much more to embarrass the club.

5 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

If king is out Albrighton CM, just feel which ever way u do it, it's a cobbled together team, 4-4-2 is better, if Amartey plays CB an king is out, it's very thin on options for CM that's all I was saying, it's not my 1st option Albrighton CM, play Gray an Albrighton then if your thinking of next sesson, Mahrez is probably gone.

Who would u play CM if King injured an your playing Amartey CB? Ndidi an who?

If King is injured I wouldn't play Amartey at CB. I'd play Amartey and Ndidi in CM and then go with the same back 4 that started against Spurs. 

£15.2 million riding on this game

In the words of ( Not Sure )

Must Win   :fc:

That is almost certainly the case for Leicester City, whose 6-1 home thrashing by Tottenham Hotspur on Thursday night ensured up to £15.2 million would be at stake in their match at Bournemouth.

The deposed champions could theoretically finish anywhere between eighth and 16th, depending on their result and those elsewhere, with each place in the table worth an additional £1.9 million in prize money. Bournemouth have up to £6.6 million riding on the outcome of the game, given they could end up between eighth and 12th.

16 hours ago, st albans fox said:

So many people down here asking me why I drove up for last night and surprised I'm doing it all over again on Sunday! 

I hope the boys have something left in the tank against a side who are notoriously fit. 

Well it's not as if they emptied the tank on Thursday is it?!

End of season game or not, big performance needed tomorrow to go anywhere near forgetting Thursday/putting Thursday right.

Archived