Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Kelechi Iheanacho

2 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

That's not my point. The buy back underminds the deal because it's not a healthy situation for us or the player. 

you said the buy back clause is what's dragging this deal out.

that's not the case. All those terms have been agreed. 

The buyback clause is frustrating, for sure, but all it does is allow Man City to speak to him about a transfer, to which he can always say no.

We'll just have to spend the next 1-2 seasons convincing him that we're a more desirable club for him than Man City are...

'Leicester City - PL Champions 17/18' should do the trick... :P

So is it still just the image rights issue that's holding this up?

What happened with that, is it a bit like the Tevez agent owning part of the player thing? Decent player so sign your life away to some guy/vulture for a new pair of boots and maybe a house for Mum and Dad if I can sell you on kind of thing?

9 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

So is it still just the image rights issue that's holding this up?

What happened with that, is it a bit like the Tevez agent owning part of the player thing? Decent player so sign your life away to some guy/vulture for a new pair of boots and maybe a house for Mum and Dad if I can sell you on kind of thing?

Sadly that's the way it is in some of these poorer countries. I'm just wondering how many have done a similar deal and don't make it.

Either way it should be outlawed.

4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Sadly that's the way it is in some of these poorer countries. I'm just wondering how many have done a similar deal and don't make it.

Either way it should be outlawed.

Modern day slavery.  Just so much money in the game now that all these vultures want a piece of the action. Music industry x2.  

I really don't get why the potential deal is so frustrating to some? It's not your money or contract, so why be so dramatic or emotionally involved?

If whispers are to be believed all 3 parties appear to be happy so isn't that what matters ?

Let the experts dot the I's and cross the t's would be the best approach surely?

2 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I really don't get why the potential deal is so frustrating to some? It's not your money or contract, so why be so dramatic or emotionally involved?

If whispers are to be believed all 3 parties appear to be happy so isn't that what matters ?

Let the experts dot the I's and cross the t's would be the best approach surely?

Because it's our club...

1 minute ago, gcxttle said:

Because it's our club...

Yeah but it's not your fecking contract and all the moaning or hissy fitting changes feck all. The legal people will sort out the contracts not random fans spouting 'because it's our club' shite.

If you think differently you need to get a new hobby! 

Just what does a typical Buy Back clause mean?  Does it mean the selling club can demand the player back at any time, at the buy back price, or simply that they get first refusal (at the buy back price) if the player requests a transfer?

5 minutes ago, PaulW said:

Just what does a typical Buy Back clause mean?  Does it mean the selling club can demand the player back at any time, at the buy back price, or simply that they get first refusal (at the buy back price) if the player requests a transfer?

It means that as soon as they offer the amount agreed in the buy back we cannot refuse it. Any bids below or even over the specified amount we can say no too but once they hit that agreed number thats it. 

The only way I see Man City buying him back is to sell him on for a profit. 

1 hour ago, Dames said:

It means that as soon as they offer the amount agreed in the buy back we cannot refuse it. Any bids below or even over the specified amount we can say no too but once they hit that agreed number thats it. 

The only way I see Man City buying him back is to sell him on for a profit. 

We cannot refuse it but the player can reject the move, if he doesn't want to move then he stays put, no matter the price.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'll give you people something, you're nothing if not entertaining. Didn't realise accuracy was an issue of conformity! 

Always a pleasure to be corrected by you high peak. Do enjoy your posts to . Just felt a little cheeky for give me and my grandma . Oh s..t grammar. ??

The worrying factor about the buy back is inflation. Look at the Deulofeu deal, if you consider inflation and the prices average players go for, Everton pretty much made a loss.

By the time Man City come back in for him £40m could be the new £25m, and we're no better off despite £15m supposed profit. 

Archived