Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Kelechi Iheanacho

On 2017-6-18 at 13:07, Clever Fox said:

Giroud would be good shout also. I could see him working well with Vardy unlike what we have. He's good in the Air and decent on the ground but his best asset is his movement. He always seems to find space in the Box.

I'd sign him and let Slim go.

Giroud? Guess we know who stole the foxestalk crack pipe

2 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Doesn't a v

Buy back clause mean if we put him on the market man city have the chance to match any offer? If not, just because they can buy him back doesn't mean he would have to sign. He might fit in and prefer playing 38 league games and Europa league with us rathyer than sitting on man city's expensive bench

Think they can buy him back when they like 

1 minute ago, Beliall said:

Doesn't a v

Buy back clause mean if we put him on the market man city have the chance to match any offer? If not, just because they can buy him back doesn't mean he would have to sign. He might fit in and prefer playing 38 league games and Europa league with us rathyer than sitting on man city's expensive bench

Your thinking of a first refusal clause I think, think of a buy back clause as a release clause but only for one club. The second bit is true though, if he enjoys playing for us he doesn't have to leave he can just reject the contract offered by Man City.

32 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Doesn't a v

They can buy him back whenever, you're thinking of a first option.

In either case he has to be willing to go obviously.

7 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

They won't. It is written. 

In the form of a contract I hope eventually. 

Just wonder if he'll fit in with the worth ethic of the team? Im not doubting his talent (he's proven he's got that in the prem), I just don't know what his temperament/commitment is like. Not watched him enough. Any ideas anyone?

10 hours ago, Worthington said:

Absolutely correct. It would mean City inserting a clause saying that they can, at any time, offer the 'buy back' figure to activate the rights to discuss a potential transfer back to the Etihad. Iheanacho would have the right to decide to stay or move!

It gets more complex if a different team makes an approach. Say the agreed 'buy back' was £35m and Chelsea, for example,were to take an interest and offer £40m then Leicester would be obliged to give MCFC the opportunity to activate the clause. Should they decide not to then Leicester would be able to negotiate with Chelsea at the higher fee and, provided the transfer went through, the 'buy back' becomes null and void. However, should the player remain at Leicester then the clause would be ongoing! Hope that helps !

Just to add, I think in the case of your Chelsea example, MC would have the option to activate the clause for 35m, and sell on to Chelsea for 40m, trousering a 5m profit.

Feels a bit like a £20m+ gamble but a much safer gamble than Musa has thus far turned out to be. 

Sounds like a mixed response from city fans but all the stats guys love him. 

I'm excited by the prospect of this one because he could turn out to be an absolute steal. One thing I will say is that he'll need to get game time. No point playing Vardy and Slim and letting this guy warm the bench. Must start games.

1 hour ago, Worthington said:

Good  point, yes. If they have that structured into the contract they could!

As with   'release clauses' and suchlike, there's no hard and fast blueprint. The devil is in the detail, and I'd guess it's a case of how savvy the buying and selling clubs legal reps are!

The main thing is, a 'buy back' isn't necessarily any kind of 'Sword of Damocles', destined to sweep away a player overnight. In truth, they're rarely activated. It's the rarity of such T&C in the English game that leads to suspicion !

I thought that this couldn't happen as a player could only play for 2 clubs in 1 season, but I've since found out that although they can only play for 2 they can be registered with 3 clubs. It seems very open to the club buying being financially ripped to shreds with such a clause.

Bloke who's usually a good contact for me has said 'could well see this happening'.

He's got them wrong before re Ramirez, however he did say that rested on Bojan going to Boro, and Berahino going to Stoke (only one of those didn't happen and the dominos didn't fall into place).

Having Amartey, Ndidi and Musa here already will certainly help as he's good pals with Wilf and Moose.

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

Bloke who's usually a good contact for me has said 'could well see this happening'.

He's got them wrong before re Ramirez, however he did say that rested on Bojan going to Boro, and Berahino going to Stoke (only one of those didn't happen and the dominos didn't fall into place).

Having Amartey, Ndidi and Musa here already will certainly help as he's good pals with Wilf and Moose.

Our African contingent. Could see Iheanacho as a replacement for Musa though?

Archived