Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Kelechi Iheanacho

View on the player from my pal who's a City season ticket holder...

I’m not sure about Iheanacho. He’s not progressed this year but, then again, he didn’t get much game time. From what we have seen, he’s a natural goalscorer but not much beyond that. He does search for the ball and attempt to do more than score but, so far, I’ve not seen much to say that’s his natural game. But, you never know, a good coach in the right team (and it’s not ours) will probably bring him out. I hope so and he’s a very popular lad at our place.

Doubt he's the much needed Okazaki upgrade, but could replace Musa. With Ulloa leaving too we'd have three good PL strikeres & Shinji, which wouldn't be so bad.

On 2017-5-29 at 23:52, DatfoxesKid23 said:

I don't understand why Rooney has become bad he was a england legend for so many years its a shame because it shows how footballers can become so bad when once they were great  

I might be an old git, but Rooney has never been an England Legend. He's never taken a game by the scruff of the neck. He's never turned it on when we really needed it. He's never led by example. The goal scoring numbers hide the fact that the quality of opponents wasn't in the same league as Lineker or Charlton.

I'm certainly not saying he isn't a good player, but legend. Nope. Not for me

On 16/06/2017 at 12:46, M0901 said:

A little bit of ITK here

My cousin has a mate who works for Man City. Apparently his most likely destination is Leicester, according to those inside the club.

Can't say for absolute certainty but that's what I've been told. So we could see something happening in the pipeline.

Sounds hopeful then. :thumbup:

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/06/17/leicester-city-fail-with-first-bid-for-man-city-iheanacho-talks-with-west-ham-stalls/

Owngoalnigeria.com have been reliably informed that Leicester City have failed with their first bid for Manchester City out of favour striker Kelechi Iheanacho.

Leicester City are now the bookies favourite to land the 20 year old Nigerian forward after talks with West Ham broke down over the fee that will be inserted in his buy back clause.

The Foxes tried their luck for the forward who they view as a potential replacement for want away star Riyad Mahrez with a bid around the 20 miilion pounds mark, with add ons which will take the fee close to Manchester City valuation.

Their bid was turned down by the Etihad based outfit who are looking for a fee in the region of £24m for the prolific forward who still has four years to run on his deal with the club.

Man City are yet to comment on his future but as exclusively reported by Owngoalnigeria.com, Iheanacho has been told by manager Pep Guardiola that he will only be sold if the club are able to sign a replacement.

50 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

View on the player from my pal who's a City season ticket holder...

I’m not sure about Iheanacho. He’s not progressed this year but, then again, he didn’t get much game time. From what we have seen, he’s a natural goalscorer but not much beyond that. He does search for the ball and attempt to do more than score but, so far, I’ve not seen much to say that’s his natural game. But, you never know, a good coach in the right team (and it’s not ours) will probably bring him out. I hope so and he’s a very popular lad at our place.

Doubt he's the much needed Okazaki upgrade, but could replace Musa. With Ulloa leaving too we'd have three good PL strikeres & Shinji, which wouldn't be so bad.

My Nan would be a decent replacement for Musa!.. 

And she's dead! 

Sorry if this is a daft question but where he fit in our current formation? He seems fast and is a good finisher but can he hold up the ball or lay on a good pass? Could be play in a combination with vardy? Could he play out wide? He seems talented just wondering where he would fit in

26 minutes ago, lcfcnsk said:

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/06/17/leicester-city-fail-with-first-bid-for-man-city-iheanacho-talks-with-west-ham-stalls/

Owngoalnigeria.com have been reliably informed that Leicester City have failed with their first bid for Manchester City out of favour striker Kelechi Iheanacho.

Leicester City are now the bookies favourite to land the 20 year old Nigerian forward after talks with West Ham broke down over the fee that will be inserted in his buy back clause.

The Foxes tried their luck for the forward who they view as a potential replacement for want away star Riyad Mahrez with a bid around the 20 miilion pounds mark, with add ons which will take the fee close to Manchester City valuation.

Their bid was turned down by the Etihad based outfit who are looking for a fee in the region of £24m for the prolific forward who still has four years to run on his deal with the club.

Man City are yet to comment on his future but as exclusively reported by Owngoalnigeria.com, Iheanacho has been told by manager Pep Guardiola that he will only be sold if the club are able to sign a replacement.

Replacement for Riyad? Thought that was Maguire.

23 minutes ago, Melbourne Fuchs said:

We could be trying to avoid a buy-back fee or increase it dramatically.

That would be my guess . West Ham pulled out of the deal for that reason according to reports . Some of the stuff written about Rudkin on these boards is beyond ridiculous 

5 minutes ago, surrifox said:

That would be my guess . West Ham pulled out of the deal for that reason according to reports . Some of the stuff written about Rudkin on these boards is beyond ridiculous 

I have to admit that I sometimes join in with the anti-Rudkin brigade, there's nothing like a good old-fashioned scapegoat and we've been missing one since Jeffrey left.

In terms of recent mistakes all I can really think of is Kante's release clause which was neccesary in order for him to sign and failing to secure Silva in the Summer. There's no smoke without fire but I don't think he's the devil as some make him out to be. 

How can you get a bid rejected on a player who's being let go by their club? It's not like we're trying to pry him away from someone that doesn't want to sell 

Either it's a load of rubbish (likely) or there's ridiculous clauses involved that we're trying to avoid being shafted by. Buy backs of % of next sale or whatever.

50 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Sorry if this is a daft question but where he fit in our current formation? He seems fast and is a good finisher but can he hold up the ball or lay on a good pass? Could be play in a combination with vardy? Could he play out wide? He seems talented just wondering where he would fit in

Massive can of worms your opening up there mate. Hours of ridiculous debate could be had, with Ill informed people on this forum. Good luck!

3 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

Would people be against spending a few more million to get rid of the buy back clause?
Say they want £25m with a clause of £35m, would people risk paying £30m-£35m to get rid of it completely?

I am a bit thick and do not really understand this. So we agree to pay 25m and they must pay us 35m to buy him back?  That seems a good deal to me. If the sums are reversed however, then of course that is not so good. I thought the purpose of such clauses was to protect the selling club if a young player leaves and subsequently turns into Messi meaning they end up with egg on their face and lose out on millions if the buying club sells the player on  to a third party club.

18 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

Would people be against spending a few more million to get rid of the buy back clause?
Say they want £25m with a clause of £35m, would people risk paying £30m-£35m to get rid of it completely?

He is a great young player with big potential, so I'm hopimg there isn't anything like that 

1 hour ago, Tanya said:

Looking at the type of player he is, the no10 role would be ideal

Archived