Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Kara Mbodji

1 hour ago, Nickfosse said:

Exactly. getting back to the point I was trying to make, you could say the same for players who play for us. I appreciate that Croydon is closer to London than Leicester but I don't see it being the big deal that the post I originally replied to made It out to be. As you say, with the money footballers earn, travel isn't a problem.

Quite a few of our squad live in Manchester. Certainly further to Leicester from there than Croydon to central London. 

27 minutes ago, Bert said:

Quite a few of our squad live in Manchester. Certainly further to Leicester from there than Croydon to central London. 

The difference being that these guys' home is the manchester area and they have pretty well always lived there. They wouldn't have chosen to move to Manchester and play for us. I suspect the club wouldn't be overly impressed with a player who came from abroad and decided to base himself in London. Of course, a reasonable decision for someone who wanted to be near London would be to choose the northern Home Counties which gives quick access to London and only an hour or so travel to Leicester. 

49 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The difference being that these guys' home is the manchester area and they have pretty well always lived there. They wouldn't have chosen to move to Manchester and play for us. I suspect the club wouldn't be overly impressed with a player who came from abroad and decided to base himself in London. Of course, a reasonable decision for someone who wanted to be near London would be to choose the northern Home Counties which gives quick access to London and only an hour or so travel to Leicester. 

Shinji has based himself in London..... although he has a place in Leicester for when he can't be bothered with the commute lol

On 6/11/2017 at 16:11, st albans fox said:

So he will wait till they do and make a more informed decision - unless we make the offer too appealing to turn down now. Like most foreign players - given the choice of the East Midlands or London, they will choose London 

No, he'll choose the club that offers the best contract package and career prospects. If he really wants to live in London, Leicester is well within commuting distance.

8 hours ago, Bilo said:

No, he'll choose the club that offers the best contract package and career prospects. If he really wants to live in London, Leicester is well within commuting distance.

What's was the top speed of Kante's Mini?

Offer him that as part of the package and it is a no - brainer. 

13 hours ago, Nickfosse said:

Fair play mate. You're more local than I these days. I must have took the wrong routes. Went to Selhurst 3 times from Whitechapel then Bow back in the O'Neill days when we played Wimbledon there. Took fvcking ages to get there and back :D:D:D

Agreed that it used to be a mare, once took me longer to get from Hackney Road to Liverpool Street (by bus) and then tube/rail to Selhurst Park than it did a mate to go from Rugby to Selhurst.

We lost.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

I wanted us to sign him earlier, But I guess it's not too late. He'd be a lot cheaper than Gibson.

He wants PL football though, so I think he'd come. 

I've read reports of attitude problems lately though.

I really hope we learn our lesson and don't sign a player with a name like Mbodji. He's just bound to be dodgy.

I mean, look at Mendy. Mendy. Managed to injure himself within an hour of his debut. What a knob.

All I'm saying is we should stay away from this guy. And Danny Shittu.

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I really hope we learn our lesson and don't sign a player with a name like Mbodji. He's just bound to be dodgy.

I mean, look at Mendy. Mendy. Managed to injure himself within an hour of his debut. What a knob.

All I'm saying is we should stay away from this guy. And Danny Shittu.

You don't seem to like Ms I hope Maguire is not cursed.

Archived