Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Manchester Arena blast

20 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

And how do you know it does come from the Muslim community

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

Actually I heard an ex bomb disposal guy on the radio say just this. Most information that leads to foiled plots, comes from family members or fellow worshippers noticing a concerning change in behaviour. I must admit I was quite surprised.

Just now, Wymeswold fox said:

If there isn't one already, there should be a fundraising page etc for the victims' families imo.

I think the Manchester Evening News has already raised over £500K for the victims. And rightly so.

51 minutes ago, Matt said:

I get what you're saying and agree but this 'win' phrase people keep mentioning, it isn't a game, people die, do these cunts really care about 'winning', they kill themselves at the end of the day, they don't get to see or 'enjoy' (Is that the right word, of course it isn't, but in their sick mythology it probably is, forgive me if it isn't) the terror they cause, they just do it, cause terror and kill innocent people.

We certainly aren't winning, we go about our lives and continue as normal in defiance of them but unfortunately if you're in the wrong place and the wrong time next time and there will be many next times then it's over i'm afraid.

The idiot with the bomb is just the weapon, he isn't the attacker.

Prime Minister: Threat level elevated from Severe to Critical (meaning a further attack "may be imminent")

Apparently based on intelligence from yesterday's incident

Armed forces to be deployed at sports events, festivals etc

10 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Prime Minister: Threat level elevated from Severe to Critical (meaning a further attack "may be imminent")

Apparently based on intelligence from yesterday's incident

Armed forces to be deployed at sports events, festivals etc

There's loads of national events throughout the UK happening this bank holiday weekend. The running, cricket, football, cycling.

Hope it doesn't make those who are attending these events in thinking that something else might happen etc.

Just now, Wymeswold fox said:

There's loads of national events throughout the UK happening this bank holiday weekend. The running, cricket, football, cycling.

Hope it doesn't make those who are attending these events in thinking that something else might happen etc.

I'd be a lot more reassured that extra resources will be there

9 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Must have pretty concrete evidence that a network was involved to up the threat to that level unlike the lone wolf attack on London Bridge

Or still involved and they haven't caught them

I came across this on Facebook. It's fitting for this forum as the speaker is Riaz Khan, a Leicester man and regular at the King Power. The hurt in his tone/face is clear as day. I assume from his appearance that this a man who believes in the Islamic faith, its teachings and what I would term as it's true ideology.

My point is, I am sure that there are many Riaz Khan's around, who are as angry, upset, disgusted and utterly horrified by these atrocious acts, yet you never see them on the telly, the voice for the Muslim community. Instead, you see a man in a suit who most of these weirdos cannot and will not relate to. 

There is a genuine acceptance in that speech that a problem exists. A genuine concern for the lack of a solution. I have a lot of Muslim friends and colleagues and refuse to believe Riaz is in the minority. Men like this should be at the forefront of getting these weasels out of their holes before they get their nails into the weak and easily led in a fragile society. 

Genuinely feel sad today. No anger, just sad. Going after kids makes the mindset of the ones who do this so different to ours it's scary.https://m.facebook.com/riaz.khan.399826/posts/10155391470219973

Right now, i'm angry. Not just at those responsible, but at ourselves, seeing what we have become.

Seeing the mayor of Manchester claim that 'our communities have come together'.....we should be a 'community', not 'communities'.

It isn't racist for me to want to live in a society where i don't feel in fear of every day normal activities.

It isn't racist for me to want to live in a society where i have no fear of my (future) children being victims of cold blooded murder doing something they enjoy.

It isn't racist for me to want to live in a society where its citizens are considered to be far more important than citizens of other nations.

Unless we act, the divisions will become stronger.

Day by day my admiration for Putin and Trump is growing, we seriously need some kind of political shake up.

Although virtually everything they stand for I despise, we really need to 'put Britain first'.

7 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Must have pretty concrete evidence that a network was involved to up the threat to that level unlike the lone wolf attack on London Bridge

Either that or the ones arrested just saying anything. They may have contacts on a PC. Not all those that talk about it would go through with it? The police may have offered them a meeting wpth the victims families if they did not talk and a beating off them lf they did.Either l ne they would get off lightly.

"Operation Tempura"

WE SHALL BEAT THEM WITH SODA WATER AND FLOUR!!!

I understand these things need names but man alive way to dumb down a horrific situation! :/ 

*before anyone says anything I know it's tempora was just trying to lighten the rather sour spirit that was developing in here!

6 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

I play poker on Monday nights with a Muslim. Very nice bloke. If he wins he puts the winnings in the charity jar.

Post of the year, so far. :whistle:

Edit: I've known through family quite a few, and saw them as the person you've mentioned here - respectful, generous and have no bad sides of them.

6 minutes ago, Grewks said:

Right now, i'm angry. Not just at those responsible, but at ourselves, seeing what we have become.

Seeing the mayor of Manchester claim that 'our communities have come together'.....we should be a 'community', not 'communities'.

It isn't racist for me to want to live in a society where i don't feel in fear of every day normal activities.

It isn't racist for me to want to live in a society where i have no fear of my (future) children being victims of cold blooded murder doing something they enjoy.

It isn't racist for me to want to live in a society where its citizens are considered to be far more important than citizens of other nations.

Unless we act, the divisions will become stronger.

Day by day my admiration for Putin and Trump is growing, we seriously need some kind of political shake up.

Although virtually everything they stand for I despise, we really need to 'put Britain first'.

What good would a political shake up do though? These terrorist atrocities are being committed by 2nd or 3rd generation British citizens from immigrant families. We cant close borders or deport them, its too late for that. Surely some sort of education is the way forward. How that would happen or even if its possible I don't know.

These terrorists don't believe in the way we live our life and we don't believe in what they want everybody to believe in and this won't change , difference is we don't go out of our way to blow up kids. Some people are just evil but it is a very few causing great harm to many and sadly I see no end to it. 

I go from sad to angry and then try to forget about it all , part of me just wants to catch one of these scumbags and ?....... well I'm not sure but it wouldn't be nice

Someone I know posted on Facebook which went something like, Something should be done Corbyn wont he's too soft I blame the lefties and  the dogooders'

I have left out words beginning with F and C. This is from a woman in her thirties with teenage children and is elligble to vote. Not a teenager.

3 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Someone I know posted on Facebook which went something like, Something should be done Corbyn wont he's too soft I blame the lefties and  the dogooders'

I have left out words beginning with F and C. This is from a woman in her thirties with teenage children and is elligble to vote. Not a teenager.

You do agree everyone has an opinion and a right to vote?

Archived