Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Manchester Arena blast

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

@Voll Blau @Jon the Hat one of the tweets.

40AE6C3200000578-0-A_Twitter_account_which_was_unverified_posted_this_hours_before_-a-4_1495510398823.jpg

Fair enough, but not seeing it as being verified anywhere that this was him. Obviously I'll happily accept it if it's true, but stuff like this can so easily be faked.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Came across this as well today, shows the narrative some of the media are absolutely determined to follow in response to these attacks, scary.

cosmopolitan.jpg

I'd say it's more a reflection on Cosmo's preference for clicks over accuracy rather than them wanting to suit some kind of narrative tbh.

Absolutely dreadful either way.

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

The police don't need hard evidence to interrogate someone, just reasonable suspicion. I'm sure they'd be able to tell in an interview if someone had been radicalized.

And then what.  You send them to jail for their stupid beliefs?

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Any evidence of it being tweeted from the U.S.?

No, but then again there doesn't seem to be any evidence of it actually being him other than this screenshot?

Plus, IS-type lads aren't exactly known for issuing specific warnings ahead of their attacks.

Its difficult to look at anything like this objectively.  I have kids and I cant imagine them being taken from me in this manner.

That being said, the amount of bollocks i've read this last couple of days is frightening to say the least.

All of a sudden people are quoting the Quran and talking about Islam like they're experts on the subject.  People talking about hanging people or jailing them just in case.  People talking about deporting people and restricting free speech.

Then on the other hand, there's muslims complaining of being victimised again and the usual, 'this wasn't in the name of Islam' narrative we always get.  Muslim leaders and community leaders on the news condemning the attacks which means fvck all.

All this shit comes out, pisses people off on all sides but then those involved, vanish back into their normal lives but the feelings stirred up remain.

I have no idea how shit someone's life is that would make them think that blowing up kids is a good option.  On the same token, I dont understand how people can be so acceptant that Western Forces have interfered and screwed up boiling pot regions in the middle east and think there's no correlation.

We have a massive problem in this country.  People born and raised here are killing their own.  Why?  Normal rational people are talking about 'getting rid of muslims' (whatever that means), closing the doors to the refugees etc.

These problems are not going to go away when people think the answers lie in doing the things that are exactly against our values.

People talk about winning this war or not letting the terrorists win.  There are no winners in this thing.  The way people talk and act after this sort of stuff happens makes sure of that.

We all hurt after what happened in one way or another.  Until we find a way to help each other cope with that hurt besides using lowest common denominator soundbites, nothings gonna change.

Guest MattP
13 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I'm off to the FA Cup final on Saturday and I'm wondering if it's really worth it. I guess even if anything did happen the chances of being caught up in it are very slim but still, it's disconcerting.

They prefer softer targets than things like this. 

20 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Any evidence of it being tweeted from the U.S.?

The date is 5/22/2017

I don't have twitter but it would be 22/5/2017 if it was uk twitter wouldn't it?

25 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

And then what.  You send them to jail for their stupid beliefs?

No, un-radicalize them by making them read this stupid forum for a couple of hours. Blimey, it's about finding out who are potential terrorists for a start.

14 minutes ago, stix said:

The date is 5/22/2017

I don't have twitter but it would be 22/5/2017 if it was uk twitter wouldn't it?

What separator just said? Also is there an option of format of time and date? Mine comes up as 24th May 17?

2 hours ago, Foxin_mad said:

I am not they need eradicating.

They are already doing this though by being here amongst us, in places we don't know killing our children.

People are scared to go shopping, to go to concerts, to go to work, some people may go and not return home some day. Its happening more and more across Europe and can not be tolerated any longer. More has to be done.

Its killing our western civil liberties living in the fear that one day we may go out to have fun and never come back.

We should be able to go and sit outside a bar having a drink without the threat of some lowlife jihadi **** coming past and shooting at us, we should be able to go to a concert with our children and come home to bed safely at night.

It's amazing that you talk about civil liberties being eradicated whilst simultaneously telling us that people who are being monitored under suspicion of a crime need to be deported.

1 hour ago, bovril said:

It's a ridiculous story and a stupid mistake (if it's a mistake) but surely 'sikh taxi driver' can also be used to fit a narrative. 

Ultimately his religion is completely irrelevant. 

Then why use the the word muslim, why not say taxi driver, instead of xxxxreligion taxi driver.

As a Sikh I find that disturbing, we are Sikh, not muslim, not hindu or Jedi etc......if my religion isnt important, no need to mention it.  Feel sorry for the cabby who wears a sikh truban, keeps a visual sikh identity, to show the world he is sikh, gets called a mulsim.

If Cosmo have done what they have done, thye have because they wanted more attention and putting Muslim in it, definitely would do that!

Guest MattP
10 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Then why use the the word muslim, why not say taxi driver, instead of xxxxreligion taxi driver.

As a Sikh I find that disturbing, we are Sikh, not muslim, not hindu or Jedi etc......if my religion isnt important, no need to mention it.  Feel sorry for the cabby who wears a sikh truban, keeps a visual sikh identity, to show the world he is sikh, gets called a mulsim.

If Cosmo have done what they have done, thye have because they wanted more attention and putting Muslim in it, definitely would do that!

I can't imagine how frustrated you must be.

I know Sikhs that have been abused because people have thought they are Muslim, articles like this really aren't going to help.

Wasn't just Cosmo either. 

IMG_20170524_140908.jpg

Guest Foxin_mad
14 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

It's amazing that you talk about civil liberties being eradicated whilst simultaneously telling us that people who are being monitored under suspicion of a crime need to be deported.

You do not get monitored without good reason I am sure.

These are terrorist vermin, I think they give up their rights to civil liberties the minute they start wanting to blow the country and our ****ing children up. I couldn't give a **** about their liberties, freedoms or rights. They sure as hell don't care about ours.

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

I can't imagine how frustrated you must be.

I know Sikhs that have been abused because people have thought they are Muslim, articles like this really aren't going to help.

Wasn't just Cosmo either. 

IMG_20170524_140908.jpg

Brilliant!!!!  I wonder if it was a Jew and he was called a Muslim???  I bet the anti semetic police would be out in force and the Jew power would insist on apologies!!:rolleyes:

Deeply frustrating

On second reading, there's nothing actually inaccurate about the Cosmo or Mirror headlines. Entirely possible there aren't actually any Muslim taxi drivers who were involved and wanted to be photographed.

That said, for the sake of clarity I'd have left the religion off those involved off the headline (let's face it, it's not what's important to most of us - "Manc cabbies being good eggs in time of crisis" is what matters).

Archived