Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mullet

Shakespeare in talks to extend contract

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

Ahh thats better :)

I can expect that Shakey will be appointed on a month to month rolling contract with  buyout clause of a Tim Tam and a packet of Polo's then?

Plus two bags of Walkers finest and a copy of Jamie Carragher's Book on his recollections of his Premier League winning seasons (volume 1).

3 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Great post. I really wish we'd had more games which to test out the theory. If he has reverted to Pearson's 2014-2015 pre-great escape tactics there's no reason to think he'll continue down that vein. But it's a risk.

Absolutely, completely agree, time will tell.

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

Some of that was to do with the other teams adapting. But as I said at the time it was clear to me we were progressively getting more and more defensive under Ranieri as time ticked on. We started off quite gung-ho bringing in our "shit or bust" attitude from the great escape, but his changes were slowing strangling the creativity out of us and that showed up even more this season. Out of all our games at Arsenal, our best performance in terms of attacking was probably under Pearson there.

He's worked under two defensively minded managers, bringing up Pearson for me is just people bringing there prejudice about him back into it. We were at our best when we still had a mix of the freedom the players got from Pearson from Christmas onwards, mixed with the better defensive shape of Ranieri. Hopefully he gets that mix right, he tried to be positive against Spurs and got lambasted. I think it's a good sign he'd rather try and get back into a game that just sit on a 3-1 defeat.

I hope you are right in that he can bring a positive approach, but we will have to see. I have my doubts, but will be over joyed to be proven wrong.

I agree in as much I'm much more for having a go rather than defending a certain loss. I'd rather be doing it from the off, rather than waiting until we concede. 

I fail to see why this is taking so long, It's not as if the owners haven't  had months to decide on CS qualities. If it is not CS our transfer activity will be put back weeks and we can't have another bad summer. I am sure players like Drinkwater and Vardy want to see some ambition. I wish the club would just get on with it !!

I'm getting nervous tbh this hasn't been sorted yet. 

Im reading about all these other clubs buying new players and not even a peep from us. 

I know it's only early days, but still let's have some confirmation about our manager. 

I can just imagine the conversation evolving as the week goes on ....

Top:

"Right Craig, you said you wanted to manager of your own team with your own choice of players.

"Well, we'll be confirming you as our new boss just as soon as that's the case....which might well be before Monday if Mahrez's announcement today starts a stampede for the door."

Shaky:

"I admit I've loved the thought of being a permanent manager at last but it's clear the name Shakespeare isn't really big enough for all that its letters equal the players in a football team.

"But I've been looking at my bank account and the way my "relegation-saving" bonus is just standing there doing nothing and I've decided it's time to ditch the hassle and cruise the world instead.

"I'll be gone just as soon as I've booked the tickets - which could well be before Friday night.

"We've chartered our own boat. It was called the "Wob Woy" but we've had it renamed the "Don't Wob Woy" in the sincere hope that he'll take my place before the Monday you mentioned and before Kingy turns out the light and locks the proverbial dressing room door behind him."

Top:

But Shaky, I thought we were friends and you wanted what's best.

Shaky

We are and I do. And we'll be stopping by Thailand and there'll always be the best champagne to welcome you aboard as our most honoured and welcome guest"        

Just a bit of fun but born our of frustration but we really do seem to be drifting just now. 

"

I'm starting to fail to understand what the delay is here. The season finished a couple of weeks ago and no decision either way. One star player (at least) wanting out, no manager and no coaching staff = no direction.

I'm wondering if the owners had someone in mind all along but have not been able to get him hence the delay. Really need to get things moving, the summer ahead is vital.

5 minutes ago, reynard said:

I'm starting to fail to understand what the delay is here. The season finished a couple of weeks ago and no decision either way. One star player (at least) wanting out, no manager and no coaching staff = no direction.

I'm wondering if the owners had someone in mind all along but have not been able to get him hence the delay. Really need to get things moving, the summer ahead is vital.

Well it's either Top or Shakey who's stalling.

If Shakey is going to manager anywhere you'd assume it'd be with these players. Unless he's unsure he's Premier League quality just yet.

If I were Top I'd be trying to get Shakey to stay on a head coach. Or appoint him as manager but only with the right managerial staff to help a very, very new manager with a perhaps much weakened team who's not really impressed in his last six matches.

Just now, Foxxed said:

If Shakey is going to manager anywhere you'd assume it'd be with these players. Unless he's unsure he's Premier League quality just yet.

If I were Top I'd be trying to get Shakey to stay on a head coach. Or appoint him as manager but only with the right managerial staff to help a very, very new manager with a perhaps much weakened team who's not really impressed in his last six matches.

I agree to a certain extent and the lack of any real depth in the coaching structure is, for me, a big issue. The worry for the owners could be whether they can attract top players to the club if we have such an inexperienced manager.

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

If it's Shakey that's stalling Top needs to tell him to do one. With his lack of managerial experience he's never going to get a better opportunity for s first job if he really wants to be a manager. He's not able to command what he wants, as for anyone taking him on he represents a huge risk, particularly with a multi million pound company. 

There's potentially better fish in the sea and I fear that they're being sounded out. Either way it needs sorting sooner rather than later.  After Defoe,  it appears Bournemouth are to sign Begovic from Chelsea for 10 million. IF  Schmeichel is to go, and I really hope he doesn't,  then Begovic would have been a great signing. Either way, good early business for Bournemouth. 

The longer is goes on the more I assume we're looking for someone new.

Do you arrange press conferences to say the manager who you employed until the end of the season is now no longer the manager because it's the end of the season?

Too many people panicking. I never believed from the start we would see any descision before end of May.

Dont forget, the club would be already  working for next season, and background started on would be transfers.

Agents or Players, the stars and any "great buys"  for Leicester wont start stirring for a couple of more weeks yet.

The media, like always will always keep the world informed of their funny world connection stories, and  according to Edna, Ena and Irma, deals are heard in the pipeline, over the garden wall....

So Breathe in, be cool and watch the DVD PL title....again.

listen to a wise experienced older man...your Uncle Nigel will tell you when to Panic...:D

Archived