Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

The Heat

Took my aging car to Kwik Fit today to have the air con re-gassed as it's been pumping out warm air for a while now.

They phoned saying they couldn't do it as there is a leak and the air con unit needs replacing.

So the 250 mile car journey I've got tomorrow to visit a prospect on the hottest day in history will be fun (and noisy with all the windows down)

How did we ever manage without air con in cars? 

16 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Took my aging car to Kwik Fit today to have the air con re-gassed as it's been pumping out warm air for a while now.

They phoned saying they couldn't do it as there is a leak and the air con unit needs replacing.

So the 250 mile car journey I've got tomorrow to visit a prospect on the hottest day in history will be fun (and noisy with all the windows down)

wound the windows down.........

it was noisy though

24 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

It'll be a breeze Muzzett ...   :whistle:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Could have composed that shot better Tom ...    Plug and wires !!!     Come on lad !!  :)

He's got his hair straighteners plugged in.

Accidentally found myself going for a run with no socks on earlier, loving the blisters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Could have composed that shot better Tom ...    Plug and wires !!!     Come on lad !!  :)

Sorry mate, is the laptop charger ruining the pleasure of your foot fetish? lol

Get Grizzle round to finish you off ;)

Fvck. The football season is still weeks away.

I can't believe it's come to this.

My other half like the windows shut in our bedroom at night so the bugs don't get in. I put my foot down and opened them up again and went to sleep. 

This morning hayfever has been kicking my arse since 6am , its the worst I have had it this year so far. 

In sorry dear. We can keep the windows closed tonight.

49 minutes ago, Beliall said:

My other half like the windows shut in our bedroom at night so the bugs don't get in. I put my foot down and opened them up again and went to sleep. 

This morning hayfever has been kicking my arse since 6am , its the worst I have had it this year so far. 

In sorry dear. We can keep the windows closed tonight.

IMG_0229.thumb.JPG.ec6bd5dfe36114c74f599a0f3f38da72.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Has anyone got one of those portable air con units (the ones on wheels)?

If so, are they any good and if it's one with a vent tube to it, where do you vent it to?

No, but I have had one and they are very good.   You put them near a window for example and stick the vent tube out the window ...    if not it blows the hot air back into the room.   Elementary my dear Col ...   :thumbup:

• Like 1

Has anyone got one of those portable air con units (the ones on wheels)?
If so, are they any good and if it's one with a vent tube to it, where do you vent it to?

I have one, you can come and borrow it if you'd like, it's too cold to use at the mo.

Seriously though, they can be difficult to install the tube if you have typical windows in the UK, the sort that swing to open out top to bottom. I am sure there is a technical term.

I used a piece of plywood cut to size, fitted it in the space that opens up, cut a hole for the tube and mounted it that way. Best to only do that for an upstairs window.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I had the same problem myself.  How much would it have costed if it was just a case of regassing the air con? 

39 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

No, but I have had one and they are very good.   You put them near a window for example and stick the vent tube out the window ...    if not it blows the hot air back into the room.   Elementary my dear Col ...   :thumbup:

Ah...but that defeats the object of having the windows shut (to maximize the effect of the air con) AND it allows creepy crawlies in!

Thats why I asked, clever dick...

:P

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Ah...but that defeats the object of having the windows shut (to maximize the effect of the air con) AND it allows creepy crawlies in!

Thats why I asked, clever dick...

:P

If you want max effect then you're looking at a proper aircon unit Col and lots of dough  (:P to you too !) ...    but the portable ones are very good and do the job ...   even with the window slightly open they soon cool the room ....   if bugs are a problem then stuff a coat or blanket into the gap ...   sorted !  

Somebody on another thread was asking about bugs ...   what we did was have a couple of plastic screens made with fine mesh in them ...   my mate did it and they are quite cheap.  The window locks them in place (we have old sash windows) and the only thing that comes in is fresh air ..   we have one in the bedroom and one in the bathroom to get a flow through.