Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Agony, Ecstasy, Agony!

The only game I've ever attended (until end season 2016/17) where I've shed a tear. In this game, it was a few tears. Ones of elation, followed by shock and finally anger that such an incredible comeback could be thwarted by such a blatant dive.

I grew up watching Steve Thompson and how he could spray the ball around the midfield so effortlessly. My favourite type of player. Garry Parker was another.

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The only game I've ever attended (until end season 2016/17) where I've shed a tear. In this game, it was a few tears. Ones of elation, followed by shock and finally anger that such an incredible comeback could be thwarted by such a blatant dive.

I grew up watching Steve Thompson and how he could spray the ball around the midfield so effortlessly. My favourite type of player. Garry Parker was another.

Agreed! Loved watching Thommo play football, probably my favourite player as a kid.

Robbed.

We were #fearless many years ago lol

I was so pissed at Wembley that day it's all a bit of a blur :blink:

But I do remember Glen Hoddle was different class. Although he was coming to the end of his career, some of the passes he made were a joy to behold. 

We had a decent team back then - and Lee Philpott bless him. 

Still angry now! Well, perhaps i would be if it weren't for the last 3 years. Awesome comeback and Thompson's finish one of the best I've ever seen from a city player, lovely. Bastards. Much worse than the Blackburn dive because of the comeback being ruined. 

I was a 13 year old kid at that game, watching with my parents. When we equalised, I was so worked up,  I ran to the concourse and threw up over a balcony.

Heartbroken. Especially after the year before, another dodgy pen.

Made the next year so worthwhile. 

But the Palace game in 96 was my favourite. No drink on the coach...hmm, watch out, we got a badass 16 year old over here lol

Must admit I believe things happen for a reason,and had we won promotion that day we may not have experienced last season,

im sure to some that sounds daft but I do believe that saying 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger',and for the good and bad times after that it created the greatest of escapes and the title winning season we saw

Was that the season we beat Pompey at the City Ground in the playoff semi? Joachim scored I think 1-0?

While we were busy erecting the Carling Stand of course.

59 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

Must admit I believe things happen for a reason,and had we won promotion that day we may not have experienced last season,

im sure to some that sounds daft but I do believe that saying 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger',and for the good and bad times after that it created the greatest of escapes and the title winning season we saw

I'm with you. Going back to Leicester Fosse in 1884, had we done 1 single thing differently, last season wouldn't have happened. 

The butterfly effect.

The pain was worth the pleasure. 

And I'll add that as a kid growing up, Gary Mills was my hero.

I believe the kids would say #baller 

Tommy Wright was decent, Walshie was a hero, but Mills was a god.

Anyone with me or????

He pretty much played anywhere. 

And I'm pretty sure he scored a goal against Watford where he got the ball on the edge of his own box, beat all the opposition and scored. 

Can anyone verify that or is it just a weird childhood memory?

Around 1992ish? 

When our third went in there were the craziest celebrations I've ever seen at a city match. Everyone I know who was there say they ended up rows away from where they were sitting. 

Then got stuck on the Wembley car park surrounded by gloating Swindon fans.

10 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I imagined you were older than that Col...I must be the oldest bastard on here!

Archived