Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

Guest FriendlyRam
6 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I reckon Derby will slip out of the play-offs come the end of the season.

They always seem to have high expectations each season, but tend to rather slide at the end.

We probably will slip out the playoffs. but this comment did make me laugh on our forum

"knowing our team, we'll win the lottery of the playoffs and lose the ticket"

lol

32 minutes ago, Corky said:

Seems that those articles on the BBC about Leeds storming back early in the season were slightly premature.

They seem to be like Forest, one step forward and then two back. I can imagine them both doing an Ipswich and being midtable in the Championship in 15 years time

5 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

They seem to be like Forest, one step forward and then two back. I can imagine them both doing an Ipswich and being midtable in the Championship in 15 years time

Leeds have that self destruct mode that always kicks in. Their fans still like to tell the world that they are a "Big Club" 

A big middle finger to Leeds tonight and their owner (more of that in a moment). Great performance from us, completely  dominant and could easily have been 5 or 6 nil. Certainly stopped the pant wetting from some of our fans. 

And their owner has been crying foul  play again. This time on Twitter after the game. 

Dry your eyes mate and run your own club properly!  Leeds fans haven't responded very well to it either. 

• Like 1

Well the EFL and all the people that matter say he doesn't have a point. They ratified the club and his relationship when they took us over. All clubs use or have used agents in the past. Raiola at Utd currently, Mendes with Mourinho in the past. Allardyce used to use Willy McKay constantly. 

It's not like we are breaking FFP rules to get promoted, like Bournemouth clearly did and dare I say it Leicester  may have done (with the Trestellar funding to offset more than the allowed losses). We may come close to the £39m loss allowed but it's all been very carefully worked out to make sure we don't actually fall foul of it or overspend on fees and wages. 

We are instead exploiting a good relationship with a top agent. Something lots of clubs have tried before and is currently working very well for us. It doesn't mean every player Mendes can send our way is going to be great. We had Ola John off him last season who was terrible. We had a Portugese midfielder called Joao Texeira who we ended up loaning to Forest who wasn't great either. It can work both ways. 

Clubs can't complain we're getting top European youngsters on cheap fees and wages in one breath, then moan we're over-spending and gambling on FFP with the other breath. They can't have it both ways. The owners have been smart and got Mendes to get us these players on loan with a view to buy, which is very sensible for FFP because once we are up those fees will be a drop in the ocean. 

The owners did their homework, got good advice, and came up with a very smart strategy before investing to give us the best chance of using their money to be successful. Other clubs are just whining because it's working well for us and they've pissed away money on average over-priced performers. 

There were no complaints last season when we finished 15th, and the Leeds owner wouldn't have tweeted his complaints if they had beaten us. It's pure sour grapes and I hope they all choke on them. Villa and Derby included. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, The Bear said:

Well the EFL and all the people that matter say he doesn't have a point. They ratified the club and his relationship when they took us over. All clubs use or have used agents in the past. Raiola at Utd currently, Mendes with Mourinho in the past. Allardyce used to use Willy McKay constantly. 

It's not like we are breaking FFP rules to get promoted, like Bournemouth clearly did and dare I say it Leicester  may have done (with the Trestellar funding to offset more than the allowed losses). We may come close to the £39m loss allowed but it's all been very carefully worked out to make sure we don't actually fall foul of it or overspend on fees and wages. 

We are instead exploiting a good relationship with a top agent. Something lots of clubs have tried before and is currently working very well for us. It doesn't mean every player Mendes can send our way is going to be great. We had Ola John off him last season who was terrible. We had a Portugese midfielder called Joao Texeira who we ended up loaning to Forest who wasn't great either. It can work both ways. 

Clubs can't complain we're getting top European youngsters on cheap fees and wages in one breath, then moan we're over-spending and gambling on FFP with the other breath. They can't have it both ways. The owners have been smart and got Mendes to get us these players on loan with a view to buy, which is very sensible for FFP because once we are up those fees will be a drop in the ocean. 

The owners did their homework, got good advice, and came up with a very smart strategy before investing to give us the best chance of using their money to be successful. Other clubs are just whining because it's working well for us and they've pissed away money on average over-priced performers. 

There were no complaints last season when we finished 15th, and the Leeds owner wouldn't have tweeted his complaints if they had beaten us. It's pure sour grapes and I hope they all choke on them. Villa and Derby included. 

Not the smartest defense I've ever seen.

Let's go to another forum to defend your team where no one really cares. While justifying your dodgy point implicate the team whos forum your on.

Well bear unlike spuds I'll give you credit for having bottle.

2 hours ago, sylofox said:

Not the smartest defense I've ever seen.

Let's go to another forum to defend your team where no one really cares. While justifying your dodgy point implicate the team whos forum your on.

Well bear unlike spuds I'll give you credit for having bottle.

To be fair @TheBearbeen on here for a long time and i'd welcome his opinion more than some random opposition fan. This thread should encourage opo fans opinions anyway, it's good for debate and great for the websites future to attract people from outside.

I also think all the hate aimed at Wolves is just the usual jealousy 'why didn't we get into bed with mendes' stuff. That's all that Leeds owner is thinking, because you can guarantee Mendes has approached most of the Championship with his contacts and plan!

Good on Wolves, like us they brought ambitious people on board and like us they'll probably flourish!

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't get into the agents debate. It's happening at every club going or has happened. Manchester United for example won't for go Mendes players now and they use Raiola (look at his clients). Real/Barca are all wrapped up in at as well. One of the reasons we've get Mahrez for so long is that he has used a super agent until the past eight months. 

17 minutes ago, AjcW said:

To be fair @TheBearbeen on here for a long time and i'd welcome his opinion more than some random opposition fan. This thread should encourage opo fans opinions anyway, it's good for debate and great for the websites future to attract people from outside.

I also think all the hate aimed at Wolves is just the usual jealousy 'why didn't we get into bed with mendes' stuff. That's all that Leeds owner is thinking, because you can guarantee Mendes has approached most of the Championship with his contacts and plan!

Good on Wolves, like us they brought ambitious people on board and like us they'll probably flourish!

Yeah i know all that and I've not slagged him off. My point still stands pointing the finger at LCFC while on an LCFC forum is not the best form of defence.

16 hours ago, The Bear said:

A big middle finger to Leeds tonight and their owner (more of that in a moment). Great performance from us, completely  dominant and could easily have been 5 or 6 nil. Certainly stopped the pant wetting from some of our fans. 

And their owner has been crying foul  play again. This time on Twitter after the game. 

Dry your eyes mate and run your own club properly!  Leeds fans haven't responded very well to it either. 

Funny that Leeds of all teams take exception to Wolves doing well. Leeds have been one of the worst run clubs in English Football for a long time. They always claim that they are a "big club" but have been a disaster financially & in football terms since 2001 

Edited by gurru991

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Yeah i know all that and I've not slagged him off. My point still stands pointing the finger at LCFC while on an LCFC forum is not the best form of defence.

Lets be honest. I think we all know that  we may not have broken any rules but we sure as hell bent them & truthfully I don't care. If Wolves have found themselves an advantage more power to them. Leeds just not smart enough to do it themselves.

To be clear I wasn't having a go at Leicester at all. Just pointing out they overspent with regards to FFP and found a way round it. That's well done to your  owners, even if the league did have a paddy about it. I reckon you lot don't mind paying £3m settlement when you went up and then won the league! **** 'em! 

Bournemouth is different as they weren't even clever or bothered enough to get round it, they just got themselves promoted and took the fine on the chin. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

To be clear I wasn't having a go at Leicester at all. Just pointing out they overspent with regards to FFP and found a way round it. That's well done to your  owners, even if the league did have a paddy about it. I reckon you lot don't mind paying £3m settlement when you went up and then won the league! **** 'em! 

Bournemouth is different as they weren't even clever or bothered enough to get round it, they just got themselves promoted and took the fine on the chin. 

The amounts Wolves have spent is astronomical compared to what we spent - also, we were already a good team before we got promoted, you went from relegation candidates to walking the league.  I can see why its left a bad taste in other teams mouths.

On 08/03/2018 at 01:57, The Bear said:

I’ve not read this at all but CHOMP

22 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

The fact you're so defensive about it means you know deep down he's got a point. You're reminiscent of Watford a few seasons ago

This.

9 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

The amounts Wolves have spent is astronomical compared to what we spent - also, we were already a good team before we got promoted, you went from relegation candidates to walking the league.  I can see why its left a bad taste in other teams mouths.

Reuben Neves: £15,800,000

Estimate total transfer fees of the starting XI for us in the 13/14 season, based on those with most appearances: £14.1m :nigel:

5 years is a long time in football markets though. Especially with the Neymar deal skewing the market heavily. 

Neves' fee was a record for the  Championship (only just mind), but was seen as a real bargain compared to what he should have been worth had Porto not been desperate for the money. 

Edited by The Bear