Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

£10m for Seyi Ojo to Newcastle?

Now THAT'S a ridiculous price. Newcastle have been mugged off well and truly there. We had him on loan at the start of last season and he was bang average. All pace and not much else.

It makes the £13m we paid to make Helder Costa permanent an absolute bargain in comparison.

7 hours ago, The Bear said:

£10m for Seyi Ojo to Newcastle?

Now THAT'S a ridiculous price. Newcastle have been mugged off well and truly there. We had him on loan at the start of last season and he was bang average. All pace and not much else.

It makes the £13m we paid to make Helder Costa permanent an absolute bargain in comparison.

Sorry to seem like I'm getting at you but a wolves fan cannot comment on how much other teams are spunking on bang average players

Sorry to seem like I'm getting at you but a wolves fan cannot comment on how much other teams are spunking on bang average players

At least we're spending our money on players with a decent European pedigree and plenty of experience in top flight leagues.

Ojo made the grand total of two appearances last season both against Plymouth in the cup, and made a handful of sub appearances the previous season after he left us. I've seen him play a few times so know for a fact he's not worth anywhere near £10m. I certainly wouldn't have him back at Wolves.

And how would you know if our signings are any good or not? I've watched both of our friendlies so far, against Champions League teams (Werder Bremen and Viktoria Plzen), we've won them both and the new players have all looked pretty good, for what the games are worth anyway. Especially Miranda, Boly, Douglas and Neves - The four outfield players we actually spent money on. The others were all free transfers, except Will Norris who's a GK backup. Though even he looked decent.

Guest FriendlyRam

If forest dont sign anyone they could be in deep trouble. Thats the two players (lansbury sold in jan) that pretty much kept them above the trap door. Warburton likes his teams to play good fkotball but forest dont have the players for that.

At least Forest have Jack Hobbs and Matty Fryatt back after long lay-offs..:whistle:

Edit: Just realised they released Fryatt at the back of last season.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Fryatt has been playing for Burton in pre-season.

Forest signed plenty of players in the last couple of weeks. Whether they're any good I don't know.

Assombalonga's fee is about the going rate for a good striker. Villa paid up to £15m for Kodjia off the back of a spell at Bristol City.

10 hours ago, Worthington said:

decent yes....But £14m ????

£14mill is a decent fee nowadays for a proven forward like that. Wednesday paid £10mill for Rhodes - again, proven - McCormack went for £12mill ad Kodijia went for £15mill.

13 hours ago, The Bear said:

At least we're spending our money on players with a decent European pedigree and plenty of experience in top flight leagues.

Ojo made the grand total of two appearances last season both against Plymouth in the cup, and made a handful of sub appearances the previous season after he left us. I've seen him play a few times so know for a fact he's not worth anywhere near £10m. I certainly wouldn't have him back at Wolves.

And how would you know if our signings are any good or not? I've watched both of our friendlies so far, against Champions League teams (Werder Bremen and Viktoria Plzen), we've won them both and the new players have all looked pretty good, for what the games are worth anyway. Especially Miranda, Boly, Douglas and Neves - The four outfield players we actually spent money on. The others were all free transfers, except Will Norris who's a GK backup. Though even he looked decent.

Reminds me of Leicester under Sven. Plenty of 'all-star' names with pedigree however, it's not the recipe for Championship success. You'll just be wildly inconsistant, world beaters one week, pathetic the next.

Clubs that get relegated and then gamble all their parachute payments on one of the top performers from the Championship should surrender all further parachute payments. They clearly don't need the money. Let it go to the solidarity payments fund or grassroots football instead. 

It's gambling with the club's future and trying to kill the competitiveness of the Championship. 

15 hours ago, FriendlyRam said:

If forest dont sign anyone they could be in deep trouble. Thats the two players (lansbury sold in jan) that pretty much kept them above the trap door. Warburton likes his teams to play good fkotball but forest dont have the players for that.

They've signed Cumdog and McKay haven't they? Two tidy players. Not seen any other action from them though.

17 hours ago, The Bear said:

Is that for all of that European and top flight football you'll be playing next season?

Edited by AKCJ

Errr, what?

So by that logic then, anyone who finishes outside the top six in the PL shouldn't be signing anyone from a Champions or Europa League club?

All I'm saying is you should use your money to buy the best players you can afford and who will come to you. Not terrible reserve players for ten times what they're worth.

Anyway, looks like Benitez has taken one look at him and binned him off. Ojo is supposedly going to Fulham on loan now.

On 18 July 2017 at 06:47, Fox92 said:

Assombalonga signs for Middlesbrough.

His record everywhere is very good; I'd like to see him in the PL.

He was the only Forest player apart from their goalkeeper that stood out for me (granted I only saw about four games). They'll need to sign a decent replacement but you'd think they'd be capable of doing that with the £14 million they received for him. 

Another Portugeezer coming in at Wolves. 20yrs old Diogo Jota this time on loan for the season. Atletico Madrid and Porto player (not the Brentford Jota). Very highly rated.

We've been playing 3-4-3, possession football in our friendlies so far, so I'm learning this ready for the opening Middlesbrough game - "Passe a bola para a frente por amor de porra! " - Pass the ball forwards for the love of ****!

• Like 1