Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

On 9 June 2017 at 06:38, FriendlyRam said:

Quite an astute purchase tbh. We dont normally go out and buy these types of players, morris likes the the bigger name (in championship terms) flair players. Good signing this one and if we can get hanley aswell itll be a massive defensive improvement for us. A right back and someone to replace russell would be an excellent summers recruiting. We can maybe say goodbye to keogh at long last lol.

It felt like Keogh was somewhat responsible for more than half the goals we scored against you in the cup. 

I can see Derby making the play-offs this season. 

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

Leeds have hired some bloke who managed in Cyprus 

The same bloke who managed to lead APOEL past Athletic Bilbao in this past Europa League campaign.

Astute business - good name with some pedigree and CV as a player - Dane with a Spanish mother.

Guest FriendlyRam

Weve signed wisdom which is another good signing imo, a proper right back at last. Seems rowett realised the problem area was the back 4 and is completely rebuilding it this summer, wants anOther defender now aswell.

Feel sorry for sunderland a little lol, imagine being rejected for the spl lol.

10 minutes ago, FriendlyRam said:

Weve signed wisdom which is another good signing imo, a proper right back at last. Seems rowett realised the problem area was the back 4 and is completely rebuilding it this summer, wants anOther defender now aswell.

Feel sorry for sunderland a little lol, imagine being rejected for the spl lol.

I seen that you had agreed a fee for Wisdom. He looked good when he last played for you. Davies and Wisdom do look very shrewd signings to be fair. And I really rate Rowett as a manager.

Guest FriendlyRam
1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

How much have Derby spent in the past 3 seasons? Must be close to £40 million @FriendlyRam

Its definitely pushing it close to that mark. We probably are going to have to off either ince or hughes tbh, if bids of 8-10m come in i could see both going. It woul allow us to bring in another defender and winger,, but cant see us pushing the boat out in bringing in 2 more tbh. May have to down the loan route.

I wouldn't have Hughes if Derby offered us 8 million to take him. We can and should be aiming for a lot better.

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong @FriendlyRam but he appears to be very weak in the middle and despite having a pretty good touch and close dribbling, very rarely produces anything of significance.

It could be that I've caught him on bad days when I've seen Derby but I've not seen anything that suggests he'd be a step up for us in midfield.

Guest FriendlyRam
On 2017-6-16 at 09:23, filbertway said:

I wouldn't have Hughes if Derby offered us 8 million to take him. We can and should be aiming for a lot better.

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong @FriendlyRam but he appears to be very weak in the middle and despite having a pretty good touch and close dribbling, very rarely produces anything of significance.

It could be that I've caught him on bad days when I've seen Derby but I've not seen anything that suggests he'd be a step up for us in midfield.

Weve been having this debate on our forum about hughes... if it was a toss up who keep out of ince and hughes id say the majority would rather sell hughes,, because ince scores and assists more than hughes, if thorne was fit wed have him in to control the midfield, break up play and shield the back 4,, hughes is too lightweight imo, doesnt score enough and hes at the bottom of our assists in terms of midfielders. Id snap anyone who offered 7 million quids hands off. 

Hughes always goes missing in our big games,, you guys had no trouble taking him out the game when we played you in the championship,, decent on the ball and can pick a pass but 8m? Not for me and im a ram. Ince is worth that though imo.

1 hour ago, foxoffderby said:

Will Hughes going to Watford for 8m. Good deal would love him here.

Have watched him a few times, and struggling to understand the hype around him really.

Just looks average and unconvincing at times to be a potential game-changer.

Derby would make this astute business if he's sold for that amount.

16 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Have watched him a few times, and struggling to understand the hype around him really.

Just looks average and unconvincing at times to be a potential game-changer.

Derby would make this astute business if he's sold for that amount.

I disagree. I've watched him many times he has good vision and passing ability and is the hub of everything Derby do. Quality playmaker. I think he'll play for England one day.  Weakens Derby which I'm happy about.

Guest FriendlyRam

7m would be good for us i feel. He does go missing too much for us tbh, maybe hed be better suited to a less physical league,, the championship is demanding and physical.

Rowett wants to sign 2 more players and we needed to sell to get them so it is what it is. I have read the money we still owe watford for vydra has been written off, which if true is good business on rowetts part, vydra i can see being a main player for us under him, he did well for us before being "dropped", was finding space and causing teams problems, i thought at the time he was being protected, esp after what happened to thorne in the 2015/16 season. 

5m rising to 7 plus money owed written off for vydra (if true) is a good deal for us :)

I've always thought Hughes "looks good" on the ball but I've never seen him do a great deal with it other than the odd nice assist. £8m seems about right in today's financial climate, but hell have to raise his game in the Prem IMO.

Still better than Andy King though... ;)