Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

56 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Anyone else think Sheff utd might push this season?

Sheff wed/leeds get backed every season and they always blow it.

Hull/Fulham/Boro promoted.

Burton/Bristol C/Preston relegated.

Blades more likely to go down than up imo. 

Hull have no chance IMO. Don't even see them finishing top half.

I agree with Finnegan. Wolves scream Leicester City 2010/11.

I fancy Fulham providing they keep Cairney and Sessegnon. Their manager is superb.

Of the three relegated sides I think Middlesbrough will be the best but I think they'll get play-offs at best.

There's no team I can pick out and say they'll definitely be there or there abouts though. It's the closest the league has looked for a long while.

I expect Villa, Middlesbrough and Fulham to be up there as top three. Be interesting to see how Rowett does with a full summer/full season at Derby. Reading will be up there again too, Stamm seems to know what he's doing.

I think Sunderland will be too much of a job for Grayson, though I'd like to see them come straight back up purely because I love it as an away day. Unsure what Hull will do though me mate has tried his best to convince me they are going straight back up.

I'd like to see Ipswich and Barnsley have a good go for top 6 but both will never happen and finally hopefully Wednesday nowhere near the top 6.

Edited by Fox92

think it's the tightest it's been in a long time because the three relegated teams are all shite, only Boro you'd say will potentially mix it up with the top 6. Fancy Fulham to do it. Villa so far haven't impressed me, some of the signings have a Sven vibe. Potentially lining up in 2017 with Chris Samba & John Terry as your centre backs is laughable lol . Their squad is still unbalanced and they probably need yet another year under Bruce before I see them coming up. They've effectively had completely different teams for the past three seasons, would be interested so see the amount of players they've had come and go since Benteke left. 

predictions 

Autos: Fulham, Reading

Play-offs: Derby,Wednesday,Boro, Norwich (P)

Relegated: Burton,Millwall, Forest

Edited by The Horse's Mouth

Winners - Villa

2nd - Middlesbrough

Playoffs - Fulham, Wolves, Leeds, Brentford

John Terry is a superb signing for the Championship. Despite losing a yard in pace, he is still premier league quality and will form a strong defence for Villa. I can't see past them for the title. 

Playoff positions are a bit of a lottery between about 10 teams. 

5 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Hull have no chance IMO. Don't even see them finishing top half.

I agree with Finnegan. Wolves scream Leicester City 2010/11.

I fancy Fulham providing they keep Cairney and Sessegnon. Their manager is superb.

Of the three relegated sides I think Middlesbrough will be the best but I think they'll get play-offs at best.

There's no team I can pick out and say they'll definitely be there or there abouts though. It's the closest the league has looked for a long while.

5 years away from winning the premier league?

Guest FriendlyRam

We are short in some areas at the moment and if that isnt changed we are mid table at best 

We are crying out for your tom lawrence and a central midfielder aswell,, possibly a left back needed too.

Fancied wed make the playoffs a few weeks ago but judging by our pre season were a way off that no matter what rowett and huddleston say.

Wolves certainly will be fascinating this year. @The Bear I was at your 1-0 win over Rotherham under Lambert towards the back end of last season and was surprised to see your fans boo the team off despite winning. My mate who's a season ticket holder reckons your fans will struggle to accept it being played on the floor, they'd rather watch "kick and run" type football lol.

Guest FriendlyRam

Im glad we're keeping of this transfer madness lol

Boro do have parachute payments though and arent in any financial trouble unlike sunderland, so their spending the dosh and theyve got a pretty strong squad tbh, should easily go back up if it gels. I fancy villa to join them aswell, bruce knows how to craft promotion winning teams.

Mick McCarthy is "ashamed" by Ipswichs' 6-1 pre-season loss to Charlton, and thinks only a home win on Saturday is good enough to turn the fans' view on him around.

Reckon he'll be one of the first managers across the football league pyramid to go then imo. Their fans haven't been satisfied with him in charge for a while.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

13 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Mick McCarthy is "ashamed" by Ipswichs' 6-1 pre-season loss to Charlton, and thinks only a home win on Saturday is good enough to turn the fans' view on him around.

Reckon he'll be one of the first managers across the football league pyramid to go then imo. Their fans haven't been satisfied with him in charge for a while.

Feel sorry for Ipswich fans really. A 'proper' team with a history of overachieving for the size of the place, and with a tradition of good, passing football. Now though, they're underfunded and staying in the league is a priority so they've got in Mick as a guarantee of survival, but the fans expect good football and are drifting away. Town like Ipswich needs a loyal fanbase - so theyre caught between a rock and a hard place - do you get rid of Mick and risk relegation, or do you stick and slowly alienate the fanbase?

I've a soft spot for them and would like to see that Evans fella get out and somebody come in and help them push for the PL.

• Like 1

On 31/07/2017 at 13:26, The Bear said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/30/darron-gibson-sunderland-shit-team-mates-championship

I can see them struggling badly this season. Maybe even flirting with relegation.

Pleased you finally have a striker mate? Can't say I know much about him but scored a few in Portugal and a few over in Saudi.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Léo_Bonatini for those who don't know.

Also fun fact... signed to an agency that pleaded guilty to money laundering in the US lol 

Edited by AjcW

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

He's only a gamble really on loan. Did well (20 in 47 games) in the Portugese league for Estoril.

We'll still be bringing another one in yet.

After all of the good players that have come in over summer, what are you expecting from next year? Do you think its min playoffs or the manager goes?

I think you'll start slowly but will run into good form making the playoffs by the end of the season.

I also think fans will be frustrated at times by smaller teams coming away from Molineux with a point or all 3 but that you'll be able to cut loose on the road with some large wins