Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

5 hours ago, The Bear said:

We have 5 Portugese players in our starting XI already. I think we have plenty for them to watch.

In Miranda, Costa, Neves and Cavaleiro you have 3 players in their mid-20s with 45 minutes of competitive football for the main Portugal squad between them (Cavaleiro vs Albania in 2014).  Neves got a couple of friendlies back in 2015 but hasn't been touched by them since.  I'm sure Santos has Molineux on speed dial lollollol 

• Like 1

On 30/05/2017 at 13:28, TK95 said:

The lineup next season is unreal :blink:

It would have been a disaster if we got relegated. No guarantee at all we'd have been able to bounce straight back

I reckon we'd have been straight back up if we'd gambled and tried to keep a good core of players. I think a good few would have stuck around too providing we made a good managerial choice. 

Guest FriendlyRam

Forest still in selling mode

Theyve made about 30m the past 3 transfer windows though, surely will start spending soon youd think.

It's situations (demands) like these where I feel sorry for certain lower-league clubs.It'll ruin the game eventually.

Not being near that sort of money in the bank, but fight hard to generate enough income to get by as an organisation but have players that commit 100% (unlike some of these players who are over-pricd and over-paid and only perform average most of the time).

Folks, get over these Championship transfer fees and clear the scales from your eyes.  This:

value.JPG.2b0f1b49e428530fd373ec12a786ecff.JPG

makes this kind of thing a risk worth taking, especially for ego- and risk-driven individuals (i.e. many club owners).

Your own club is Exhibit A.  Bought for 39M plus 100M in debt write-offs IIRC?  And worth nearly 400M less than seven years later.  Not to mention the brand exposure for KP.

While that leap was likely a one-off, once a club makes it to solid Championship status, the incentive to spend 10M or more for perceived difference-makers is clear, if not irresistible.  If you feel your club is top ten there, you reckon your chances at that nine-figure bonanza as 30%.  You almost have to give it a go.  And spending money to stack the deck is second nature to these uber-successful businessmen and crony capitalists.

Absolutely true: do it wrong and they can impair a club’s future.  But prudence (investment after promotion) is no longer incentivized -- quite the opposite.  There is much more to gain than lose.

This is not a world we made, nor the one we would make.  But we are living in it because our own choices have underwritten it.