Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

1 hour ago, martyn said:

Cardiff really do just grind results out.

I'd much rather Fulham go up ordinarily but Cardiff will surely be relegation fodder, where's Fulham I could see flourishing.

Absolutely this. Cardiff are a bang average side playing above their ability levels by lumping it forward, winning knock-downs and scoring from set-pieces. They'll get mullered in the Prem (hopefully). 

Plus if Fulham stay down they have a couple of useful players who could be up for grabs. 

54 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

I have to agree, considering we have to play whoever is promoted this season and it's a potential away trip. I find myself wanting Derby to get into the play-offs and go up because at least it's a couple of interesting games for a boring midtable side like us. Fulham would be preferable being a London based team with a nice old fashioned ground, and even Villa has some positives.

Nobody wants to go all the way to Cardiff or their half empty boring ground, and no one thinks their fanbase deserves to be in the top flight, with their low numbers and embarrassing reception to kit colour changes.

Yeah. It didn't make any difference to Forest whether they won or lost, so in that game, I'd rather Cardiff slipped up in their promotion push. If Forest were fighting for something, then it would be different.

I agree - I'd like more midlands clubs to be in our division to make it more interesting for us, even if that means they have to enjoy some success to get here. I miss seeing us thrash sorry Derby twice a season. There almost certainly won't even be a WBA or Stoke in the PL next season. It'll be just us and Wolves, unless Villa or Derby win the playoffs. It is nice to be the best midlands club, but some derbies would be good, especially in nothing seasons like this one.

Fuch Cardiff. Can't stand them.

Jack Rodwell getting a 40% pay cut, he'll only be earning a measly £44k pw in L1 if he stays with Sunderland. Average wage for a L1 team is somewhere between £1700-£2500. Players signed last year also getting the 40% drop as well.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11695/11327417/sunderland-midfielder-jack-rodwell-facing-huge-pay-cut

Edited by separator
  • Haha 1

There was an article the other day detailing Neves' wages at Porto and now at Wolves. 

He was only on €12.5k per month at Porto as he signed a 4-year contract when he was only 18 (he's 21 now). We quadrupled it when he signed for us apparently, meaning he's still only on £10k per week! That'll get increased because of promotion clauses, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him and us renegotiate it to fend off bigger clubs chucking £40-50k p/w at him. 

Edited by The Bear

If Burton stay up it is one of best achievements in modern football. Average crowd of just over 3k in a stadium that holds 6k, with a budget equivalent to Jamie Vardy's monthly wage. A third seasons in the Championship will be outstanding by Burton.

2 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

So are Sunderland relegated officially or all but relegated?

Officially. Two teams above them play each other, and because one will pick up a point at least, that sends them down.

1 minute ago, Koke said:

Officially gone. Hopefully for a good few years as well.

Just now, Facecloth said:

Officially. Two teams above them play each other, and because one will pick up a point at least, that sends them down.

Cheers, had a look at the table but not at the fixtures. 

Quite funny really after years of surviving in the PL showing no real ambition. 

30 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Cheers, had a look at the table but not at the fixtures. 

Quite funny really after years of surviving in the PL showing no real ambition. 

looking at their season history, since they came up in 2008, they haven't finished higher than 10th. 

and I didn't realise this but they had 4 top-scorers in 2005/06 season. They only had 3 goals each lol 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, The Bear said:

There was an article the other day detailing Neves' wages at Porto and now at Wolves. 

He was only on €12.5k per month at Porto as he signed a 4-year contract when he was only 18 (he's 21 now). We quadrupled it when he signed for us apparently, meaning he's still only on £10k per week! That'll get increased because of promotion clauses, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him and us renegotiate it to fend off bigger clubs chucking £40-50k p/w at him. 

Wolves will extend him for sure, they have the money to do it & he seems happy there.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Koke said:

If Burton stay up it is one of best achievements in modern football. Average crowd of just over 3k in a stadium that holds 6k, with a budget equivalent to Jamie Vardy's monthly wage. A third seasons in the Championship will be outstanding by Burton.

In some ways, I hope they do.

Big game v Bolton at home next, but they aren't really strong at their ground for some reason.

Genuinely thought Sunderland would beat them well on Saturday.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Sounds silly but could also be bad news for Burton Albion. They’d be forced to place seating on their terracing (or show active planning to replace it) 

13 hours ago, iamafox said:

I'd imagine max attendances at the Stadium of Light like this next season

The West Stand 

I believe they've already begun shutting a lot of the upper sections this season to save stewarding/staff costs.

Having sat on the back row of the big stand i'd say that's a good decision for all involved lol can't see a ****ing thing!