Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2017/18 U23s, Development, U19s etc

But disappointed with the line up tonight. I'm all for Huth playing as he seeks match fitness and a return to the first team. Musa and Hamer though are not in line for first team spots, so tonight I feel we wasted the opportunity to give a young lad a go against good league opponents.

I feel the only time an overaged player should play for the u23s is when they are returning to fitness like Silva or Huth and need match practice before returning to the first team.

5 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

But disappointed with the line up tonight. I'm all for Huth playing as he seeks match fitness and a return to the first team. Musa and Hamer though are not in line for first team spots, so tonight I feel we wasted the opportunity to give a young lad a go against good league opponents.

I feel the only time an overaged player should play for the u23s is when they are returning to fitness like Silva or Huth and need match practice before returning to the first team.

What are you talking about?

Apart from Huth Hamer and Musa were the only senior players in the squad.

Hamer is our back -up keeper so clearly needs games to o stay sharp in case called upon. 

And Musa is clearly in the shop window. 

I’m all for giving youth a chance but your saying anyone who is out of the first team picture (unless coming back from injury) should be forgotten about and never play again. Then how are we ever going to get rid of the dead wood if they are forgotten about and never in view for other scouts to watch? 

There is a reason you are allowed to play upto 4 overage players. 

There is no reserve team football anymore remember! SMH.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mendi said:

The LCFC Development Squad's 19-game unbeaten run comes to an end... Robert Huth played and it was his first game for a long time. Oldham won 4-2 on the night.

He’s played two previous games for the under 23s on his comeback programme. One last Friday so you’d hope he is close to full fitness now

47 minutes ago, brucey said:

Thanks for the link.

Only saw the last 10 mins or so.

Great second goal by Sunderland but Ndukwu gave the ball away so badly to hand them the chance and then he poorly controlled a good chance at the other end. How did we do in the first 30 mins?

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

Thanks for the link.

Only saw the last 10 mins or so.

Great second goal by Sunderland but Ndukwu gave the ball away so badly to hand them the chance and then he poorly controlled a good chance at the other end. How did we do in the first 30 mins?

Fairly even first half up until their first goal. We've been sloppy in passing particularly in the final third. Whole team not quite on it. We had two shots on target from two corners so far I think.

Edited by brucey