Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Goals you'll never forget.

There's been many important goals in our history some being just spectacular others quite ordinary or even fluky but so significant.

Here's one of mine not that important in the scheme of things but just so unexpected and spectacular.

Stephen Clemence scoring a late winner in a 3-2 win at the trees in 2007. The rearranged Clive Clarke fixture. Absolute scenes in the stand.

Also, I seem to remember Marco Ferreira warming up during the game, the closest he ever got to playing for us lol.

5 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Stephen Clemence scoring a late winner in a 3-2 win at the trees in 2007. The rearranged Clive Clarke fixture. Absolute scenes in the stand.

Also, I seem to remember Marco Ferreira warming up during the game, the closest he ever got to playing for us lol.

That was the first time I ever went flying into the row infront.

Had plenty of great trips to the Hawthorns I'll never forget - the Vardy winner, Howard's hat trick.

Leeds away when Howard scored too. That was a brilliant night.

Izzet at Grimsby as I was right behind the goal. Superb away day that was.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Had plenty of great trips to the Hawthorns I'll never forget - the Vardy winner, Howard's hat trick.

Leeds away when Howard scored too. That was a brilliant night.

Izzet at Grimsby as I was right behind the goal. Superb away day that was.

Ah Leeds away in that mid week trip was class. Naughton and Howard in what was Sven's first game?

There are a few. But apart from some of the obvious ones from the last few seasons, Steve Howard in front of the Kop in the 90+ minute against Leeds United in League 1 to all but secure promotion. The noise when that went in was epic!

7 minutes ago, baker11 said:

Ah Leeds away in that mid week trip was class. Naughton and Howard in what was Sven's first game?

Think it was Sven's first game - or maybe his second but definitely first away game.  

Leeds away is always class isn't it.

13 minutes ago, Blodge said:

Steve Howard, stoppage time winner against Leeds back in League 1. Never forget that goal 

Yeah amazing that was. I was in my shirt in a pub in Leeds. Left very quickly

The earliest goal I remember clearly was Tommy Wright at home v Cambridge and I can still see it now 25 years on. It was a 2-1 win a month or so before we beat them 5-0 in the play-offs. It was into the top corner from about 20 yards and at the time I thought it was the greatest goal ever.

22 minutes ago, Blodge said:

Steve Howard, stoppage time winner against Leeds back in League 1. Never forget that goal 

I've never felt the King Power/Walkers Stadium shake this much!

Top atmosphere that day, classy, nail-bitingly tense match with a worthy winner.

The muted support just before Big Steve headed it in...??

In the stadium-  Gudjonsson's effort against Hull, I almost lost my mobile phone which I was holding just before the goal for some reason amongst celebrations and Knockaert's late winner against Forest.  One of the earliest goals I can remember in the stadium is Deane's header against Derby after a cross by Izzet or Scrowcroft.  I think that was the Adams season in the Championship where we won 3-1 at the home. 

On TV-  Ulloa's penalty against West Ham (I kicked the sofa out of misguided anger cum relief cum euphoria)  and Albrighton's goal against Sevilla.  

Archived