Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Goals you'll never forget.

Gudjonsson away against Blackpool in an FA Cup replay. The goal was fantastic, 35-40 yards out, but I'll remember it because I can safely say that that was the coldest I have ever been 

6 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

Ulloa vs Norwich.

This after the arsenal game last minute winner after fighting so hard all game we needed to win this game, as the game went on v Norwich I had it in my mind that the wheels had come off! 

Heskey's vs 'Boro in '97 League Cup final - first City game as a little lad and i remember trying to use all my will when the scramble happened to get that ball over the line lol - such a terrible goal but i'll never forget the feeling of excitment when they all ran off celebrating.

Vardy scoring against QPR away in the Championship promotion season (grey kit) - probably because in hindsight it was one of the first times we saw Vards mature into the striker he is today, complete that jump to a higher standard.

Vardy vs Liverpool at home - champions season - because it felt like an exclaimation point on our title ambitions, almost like, "we are up for this and confident, bring it on!"

30 minutes ago, tylesta said:

This after the arsenal game last minute winner after fighting so hard all game we needed to win this game, as the game went on v Norwich I had it in my mind that the wheels had come off! 

I had a similar feeling. I'd gotten up around 6 AM to go to the pub to watch Arsenal and remember feeling completely gutted after Wasyl's ill-advised challenge let them steal a victory. 

For Norwich City I was at the same pub and it was the complete opposite. Went from sick to bursting off of my bar stool!

Gave this a quick skim but it looks like nobody has mention Knocky vs Forest!?!? As well as that, in no particular order:

Vardy vs West Brom A

Vardy vs United (It's 11, it's heaven...) H

Wood vs Burnley A

Wood vs Watford (you know the one lol ) A

Marshall vs Chelsea A

Nugent vs Liverpool A

Nalis vs Leeds H

Huth vs Spurs A

Mahrez vs Man City A

Knocky vs Huddersfield x2 A

Vardy vs Liverpool H

Sadly for me the most important Leicester goals I saw have gone from my memory...Dec 3rd 1966 home to Stoke my brother and a friend had made a pact whoever won we would support...Thanks to David Nish (on his debut) Peter Rodriguez, Jackie Sinclair and Derek Dougan I became a dedicated follower of the foxes ? No wall to wall TV coverage back then so unable to find ant footage of them . Two goals that I do remember were scored at Hillsborough.....1969 cup semi final Allan Clarke and 1997 League Cup Final replay against Middlesbro Steve Claridge...almost a replica of his play off winner vs Palace ...Won us our first major trophy Since I had started supporting them...only took 31 years 

Cambiasso and and King vs West Ham, although Cambiasso's was a decent strike they weren't particularly memorable goals but it was the start of the great escape and you could sort of say the beginnings of our title win.

Vardy against Sevilla in the away leg too, we should have been dead and buried but that gave us belief.

Guest ttfn

I was going to do a top 10 but I've had to extend it. Top 20 for me (going regularly since 04):

20) Mahrez v Chelsea (H), 2015

19) Huth v Spurs (A), 2016

18) Morgan v Atletico Madrid (H), 2017

17) Mahrez v Man City (A), 2016

16) De Vries v Spurs (H), 2006

15) Ulloa v Newcastle (H), 2015

14) Ulloa v West Ham (H), 2016

13) Vardy v QPR (A), 2013

12) Clemence v Forest (A), 2007

11) Fryatt v QPR (A), 2010

10) Gradel v MK Dons (A), 2008

9) Dyer v Bolton (H), 2013

8) Knockaert v Watford (A), 2013

7) Vardy v Man United (H), 2015

6) King v Cardiff (A), 2010

5) Vardy v Man United (H), 2014

4) Vardy v West Ham (H), 2016

3) Vardy v Liverpool (H), 2016

2) Vardy v West Brom (A), 2015

1) Cambiasso v Man United, 2014 - Probably the most excited I've been about anything ever.

I was taking an exam when Howard scored against Leeds otherwise that would be in there.

So many great moments I've not even been able to squeeze into a top 20 - another 9 Champions League goals, Drinkwater's last minute equaliser to keep our Championship unbeaten run going, Nugent at Leeds, King against Coventry, Yakubu against Derby, King against Derby in the same game, Knockaert's 1-man crusade against Huddersfield Town... the list is endless.

6 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Morgan's vs Southampton then also Wes against United, the commentary after of 'they really are starting to think that it is their destiny!' And 'Leicester hit back... Like champions...' Will live long in the memory. The goals against Sevilla too, being in the stand behind the goal when Morgan scored was something else, it just felt like that would be our night from the point onward

Hi Wes

9 hours ago, TrentFox said:

There was that one against ... umm .. ummm....  No. Sorry. I've forgotten it. 

Having the same problem myself. I know it was an FA cup tie at home though....I remember the goal well, the opponents were a lower league (Rotherham I think) and their player hit an absolute screamer from around 40 yards out, rising all the time into the net, the problem for the opposition was that it was an own goal...it has to be the best ever own goal.

19 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

It has to be Vardy against Liverpool. One of the greatest I've ever seen.

Remember as it came over his shoulder thinking (or even saying) don't try and hit it from there... ?

Joachim V Portsmouth

Coatsworth V West Brom (Can't remember who it was against actually, thought it was the baggies).

Howard V Leeds

Claridge V Boro/Palace

Walsh V Arsenal

Collymore hattrick V Sunderland

Akinbiyi V Liverpool

Izzett V Grimsby

Nalis V Leeds

Yakubu V Derby

Elliott V Tranmere

Knocky V Sheff Wed

Cambiasso V Man United

Vardy V Liverpool.

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Coatsworth V West Brom (Can't remember who it was against actually, thought it was the baggies).

First post in the thread, vs Luton.

Unless you mean one of his two goals away at Barnsley which was also superb.

3 minutes ago, pds said:

First post in the thread, vs Luton.

Unless you mean one of his two goals away at Barnsley which was also superb.

Yes, was the Luton one just googled it.

Archived