Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Goals you'll never forget.

Albrightons goal against Sevilla. 

As someone thats struggled severely with self esteem and self belief, I've always had trouble thinking that I could ever really be much.

I've loved football my whole life, but as amazing as watching the Zidanes/Ronaldos/Beckhams etc was growing up in the 90s I never felt like I could ever be a really amazing guy like that.

But then I found Leicester last year and saw the ****ing magic here. You might not reach Zidane heights in your life in whatever you do, and self esteem and self belief issues might tell you mentally that you shouldn't even dream of thinking about it.

But the majority of players here are someone you could be. Genuine relatable people you could easily see yourself knowing or being just like in whatever you do in your life.

So I'll never ever forget someone I could completely relate to and aspire to be like in Marc Albrighton scoring that goal on that stage. Because in a funny way watching Leicester it feels like they're playing for you and everyone who struggles to believe that they're good enough. 

And when his goal went in and the commentator on my stream screamed happily that Leicester City were now in dreamland, I've had a reference point for my life ever since when I'm feeling down and not good enough that I can use to tell that voice in my head to **** off and shut up. 

Because dreamlands possible for everyone. 

I remember it being weird sitting in the Brian Clough Stand (or whatever it was called then), being surrounded by Leicester fans.

I also remember a big ticker tape welcome as the players came out....whatever happened to ticker tape?

Then this happened.

was it david oldfield who gets a kick in the stomach as the players celebrate?

2 hours ago, FLAN said:

Remember as it came over his shoulder thinking (or even saying) don't try and hit it from there... ?

Exactly the opposite for me....

I sit in the Kop in a straight line diagonally from where it dropped over his shoulder, I saw him look up and I shouted " rifle it son !!!!" just as his boot connected and it flew into the net......

never got the credit I deserved for that assist

Remembered not for being "classy" goals, but of historic significance, Graham Cross's goal on his début against Brum and in the same match, Ken Leek scoring in his last match for us....I still can't fathom why Matt Gillies dropped Leek for the FA Cup final against Spurs the following week, and to this day wonder whether we would have had a better day had Leek played in the final.

Weller 3rd goal v leatherhead

Weller side on bicycle kick v Newcastle 

Birchenhall fa cup replay header v arsenal

rofe 30 yarder v chelsea

wilson og cup semi v spurs

Wilson winner at Fulham 

the fact i remember these clearly marks them as relevant to the thread title !

Nalis vs Leeds 
Dublin vs Charlton (FA Cup)

Scenes on both

For bizzarre factors....Southgate against us with an own goal, went to pass it back to Michael Oakes who was over the other side of the box, passed it into his own net. Around 1998-2000ish. Also Walkers fumble against Bolton in 03/04.

22 hours ago, irishfoxkev said:

Two goals that I do remember were scored at Hillsborough.....1969 cup semi final Allan Clarke and 1997 League Cup Final replay against Middlesbro Steve Claridge

Was at both those games. I can close my eyes and still see the Clarke goal (86th minute). 

So many to choose, but wood v burnley, probally because I was there, but I knew we were back in the big time 

howard v Leeds, same again bk to the championship

cambiasso v Man U!  What a come back 

Huths header v Spurs! We were winning the league here 

Kings against Cardiff, playoff semi final... Although we didn't go through and its the game that has hit me harder then any other was fuming for days! At that point I thought we we're going Wemberly, worked there socks off that night! 

Claridge v Derby 

And of course how can any of us forget the final goal at filbert street!! Remember the old kop going nuts, like we won the league when that goal went in 

One alwAys sticks in my head v Chelsea league cup away, maybe because 2 teams were worlds apart in them days 

Mark Bright (x2) v Everton, first game of the season with Lineker playing his first game against us.

Alan Smith v Wolves, smashing the ball in from outside the box

Mark Venus v Swindon, left foot cracker from 25 yards out to win the game in the last minute

Hazard v Spurs!!!

Dawson v Spurs!!

Mahrez v Man City, for the skill of the goal and its importance.  Lifting the ball over a tackle, sending a defender the wrong way and then leaving the keeper rooted to the spot, all with languid brilliance.  And against a top team away, when it mattered.

On 09/06/2017 at 12:25, filbertway said:

Andy Lonergan for Preston. What I'd give to have big Kevin Pressman between the sticks again.

I know his son, he didn't speak much about his time here which shocks me lol.

Archived