Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

38 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

OUCH. Looking like Top has some big decisions to make with both clubs.

He really could have done without this right now.

Absolutely. 

Given their status Leuven would have to be the priority. I think @Bonanza or @Lizhang said that relegation means going down to ****ing amateur leagues. That would be intolerable (though it worked well for us!) I hope for his and Leuvens sake he pulls it around and thrives next season. 

Whatever our situation we're not getting relegated and under the circumstances I still believe Puel should get till the end of the season. 

• Like 1

As others have said, he is only still in a job because of his links to Leicester and probably a similar disbelief by Top that many of us have - how is he doing this badly? 

He should be sacked and can have zero complaints about it. 

Shame, but he really is nowhere near the same Manager without Shakey and Walsh alongside him. I though this would be a great move for him to regain his mojo, but if anything it's gotten worse and I struggle to see him coming back from this. Expect to see him take up roles in lower Championship/League 1 now at best and only because his name over here still holds a little weight!

Good luck to him but certainly not what he was. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

As others have said, he is only still in a job because of his links to Leicester and probably a similar disbelief by Top that many of us have - how is he doing this badly? 

He should be sacked and can have zero complaints about it. 

Shame, but he really is nowhere near the same Manager without Shakey and Walsh alongside him. I though this would be a great move for him to regain his mojo, but if anything it's gotten worse and I struggle to see him coming back from this. Expect to see him take up roles in lower Championship/League 1 now at best and only because his name over here still holds a little weight!

Good luck to him but certainly not what he was. 

I’m not sure his name holds as much weight as the average Leicester fan seems to think. Outside of our fan base he doesn’t seem that respected and seems to have fun poked at him about his weird behaviour when he was in the premier league with us. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

I’m not sure his name holds as much weight as the average Leicester fan seems to think. Outside of our fan base he doesn’t seem that respected and seems to have fun poked at him about his weird behaviour when he was in the premier league with us. 

Maybe so, but I think he still has ONE English job in him before he is considered a write-off in the Dowie mould! Harsh, but he really has had a shocker in Belgium and very hard to sell himself now to anything bigger than a struggling Championship club or team in League 1. Fail there too and he is done IMO or will find it extremely hard to get anywhere close to where he once was. 

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

I've seen some Fulham fans calling for Pearson on their forum as they believe Ranieri had much of his work done for him by Pearson here.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, brucey said:

I've seen some Fulham fans calling for Pearson on their forum as they believe Ranieri had much of his work done for him by Pearson here.

Well that's the reality of it tbh. I can't see Ranieri doing anything but taking Fulham down. Don't get me wrong, they weren't any good without him but I really don't see Ranieri as someone who can turn bad fortunes around. Guess we'll see come the end of the season! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BrokenRecord said:

Well that's the reality of it tbh. I can't see Ranieri doing anything but taking Fulham down. Don't get me wrong, they weren't any good without him but I really don't see Ranieri as someone who can turn bad fortunes around. Guess we'll see come the end of the season! 

Yeah I think it's pretty clear Ranieri's taking Fulham down. Their Jan recruitment attempts have been a shambles too, like it was here. Pearson wouldn't have done any better though. They needed some Big Sam.

Wonder if Big Sam might be interested in going to Belgium? 

51 minutes ago, brucey said:

Yeah I think it's pretty clear Ranieri's taking Fulham down. Their Jan recruitment attempts have been a shambles too, like it was here. Pearson wouldn't have done any better though. They needed some Big Sam.

Wonder if Big Sam might be interested in going to Belgium? 

Depends how easy it is to get to the bookies 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, brucey said:

Maybe they should try Cambiasso instead? as many think Pearson had his change from the negative style made for him by that very man

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

We really are getting our feeder club relegated.

This is incredible.

We're getting them relegated after feeding them our old manager and players.

Outstanding work.

We should send them Nacho for a month or so. See if he can pick up some form. Or Okazaki. 

Just now, Beechey said:

He doesn't micromanage the clubs, so why would he sell up?

I thought Vichai was in charge of Leicester and Top in charge of OH?  Might have got that wrong.  But surely it'd make sense to cut them off and get on with finishing his Dads work at Leicester.

14 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

If you’re going down then you should do it in style. 

Besides it might wake them both up a bit. 

Being serious, if some of the u23s need a loan, could they help ? 

Our u23s are shit hot now. Beaglehole to Leuven!