Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

Harry Maguire Official

1 hour ago, dynamark said:

Calm down calm down.Lets see how he does next week when Pogba is charging at him.

Ill like to see him with Huth though are they both left sided CB ?

They're both right sided actually, but better at playing on the left than Morgan. Once Huth is back our balance should be perfect. Fuchs attacking on the left with Huth defending and Maguire attacking on the right with Simpson defending.

29 minutes ago, blueharmie said:

Was immense yesterday. So powerful. I like this big boy 

He is a unit but for such a well built player he is very good with the ball. The surges into midfield will add a dimension to our game. His size and strength look like it will be difficult to knock him off. Brighton offered him the opportunity to make those forward runs,next week will be a different challenge.

Really impressed by him so far. I think he could easily be the best signing in the league this summer pound for pound. He seems to have all the attributes you want from a centre-half, and some. Comfortable on the ball, and ventures forward and passes like a playmaker. Already got a goal, as well.

Kudos to the club for snapping him up.

Won't be in the least bit surprised to see him get an England cap before too long, especially as he plays in a position where the country has been short recently.

Having seen him a couple of times now, the lad seems to have it all. He's big, strong, good in the air, composed on the ball and brings the ball out of defence very nicely.

Personally, much as I love Big Wes, I think he's about had it really, against the better, quicker strikers. So I still believe we could do with another, younger CB to build up a playing r/ship with Harry.

I'm gonna sound daft here, but I DO wonder whether that 'other player' could actually be Amartey? He's quick at least, and quicker than Maguire. Harry for the strength and composure, Amartey for the pace and just doing the 'dirty work'. I wonder?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40993060

Articles like this are enough to convince man city scouts to bid 50m for him next summer.

I was saying that to, we got him at a real bargain.... Twice the player stones is at a fraction of the price 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

51 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I'm gonna sound daft here, but I DO wonder whether that 'other player' could actually be Amartey? He's quick at least, and quicker than Maguire. Harry for the strength and composure, Amartey for the pace and just doing the 'dirty work'. I wonder?

I'll send the ambulance, try to get as much rest as you can...

52 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Having seen him a couple of times now, the lad seems to have it all. He's big, strong, good in the air, composed on the ball and brings the ball out of defence very nicely.

Personally, much as I love Big Wes, I think he's about had it really, against the better, quicker strikers. So I still believe we could do with another, younger CB to build up a playing r/ship with Harry.

Agree re: Wes. He's 'gone'.

Not sure about Amartey being quick (?). Unless they try him CB we will never know (more than one pre season game against poor opposition I mean).

The time for testing these things out though has been and gone, and not sure why they didn't try him there more.

We can only assume he's been deemed not good enough in training.

19 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Agree re: Wes. He's 'gone'.

Not sure about Amartey being quick (?). Unless they try him CB we will never know (more than one pre season game against poor opposition I mean).

The time for testing these things out though has been and gone, and not sure why they didn't try him there more.

We can only assume he's been deemed not good enough in training.

Yeah that's the only conclusion that can be drawn I guess. 

13 hours ago, Jimmy said:

already our best CB, £17m is an absolute steal

He does everything right defensive-wise, he plays out from the back with ease, and he scores. If Stones is £50m, Maguire is surely Neymar money? They're about the same age as well

• 6 months later...
Just now, Wymeswold fox said:

Personally have been very impressed with him.

One of the best English CB's around currently, and hope for England's sake he plays regularly in Russia.

However, again today our first goal was scored by a striker who was left totally unmarked, whilst the second was a header by one of the smallest blokes on the pitch.

I like Maguire, but we haven’t half conceded some soft fookin goals this season.

49 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

However, again today our first goal was scored by a striker who was left totally unmarked, whilst the second was a header by one of the smallest blokes on the pitch.

I like Maguire, but we haven’t half conceded some soft fookin goals this season.

The first was on the counter, not sure you can blame either CB for that.

the second is all schmeichel, cannot pin that on maguire in any way.

Harry Maguire on Who What Where show on YouTube

I hadn't come across this show before it popped up as something YouTube decided I might like to watch.

Apparently it is a local Sheffield thing and started late last year with an interview with Kyle Walker, another Sheffielder.

Apparently JV, yet another Sheffielder (!) was the inspiration of the widely reported kit-in-a-black-binbag episode when Harry turned up for his first England training session with his kit in a black bin bag!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Fox Covert said:

Harry Maguire on Who What Where show on YouTube

I hadn't come across this show before it popped up as something YouTube decided I might like to watch.

Apparently it is a local Sheffield thing and started late last year with an interview with Kyle Walker, another Sheffielder.

Apparently JV, yet another Sheffielder (!) was the inspiration of the widely reported kit-in-a-black-binbag episode when Harry turned up for his first England training session with his kit in a black bin bag!

Great inside cheers for posting. Lots of talk about his move to Leicester

Edited by dominicmsb
  • Thanks 1