Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

Harry Maguire Official

40 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Has anybody asked why he had to wear the home shirt and hold a home shirt up at the same time?

No, but why did he wear the home shirt and hold a home shirt up at the same time?

16 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

So glad we signed him, gives me confidence the management know what they are doing. The position we really needed a good young player and we have got that already with a couple of months to go until the window closes.

Same here. 

We need to reverse the rubbish summer of signings we had last year by having a really good one this time.

5 hours ago, Pete Campbell said:

My mate reckons this bloke will play right back for us. I would have thought he will play alongside Huth or Morgan.

7 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think him and Huth will form a formidable partnership.  That's no disrespect to Morgan as I'm sure he'll have a part to play. Therefore I think we'll need a new captain also.

As the club appear to have serious concerns over Morgan's fitness I expect him to play with Huth and Kasper to be made captain.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

As the club appear to have serious concerns over Morgan's fitness I expect him to play with Huth and Kasper to be made captain.

I'd absolutely go with that. Just need cover for Simpson possibly and defence sorted. With Chilwell and the new youngster from Chester the future defensively is very promising. Key though is keeping Schmeichel who is spot on captain material. Now, if only we could capture that Sigurdson bloke I keep hearing about!

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Why not, its one of his known  positions.Not bad either...

Though I still like Simpson for RB....

Because he shined at CB for Hull and it would be like Hernandez all over again. Maguire is too slow as a RB. He has potential to become the best English defender and England team regular and it would be just typical if we decided to play him out of his strongest position. 

I get Morgan and Huth won the league, but it's time one of them stood back. And we need a proper RB for backup.

38 minutes ago, sylofox said:

We definitely need to sign another CB then!!! Benalouane as the only back up is not good enough.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Because he shined at CB for Hull and it would be like Hernandez all over again. Maguire is too slow as a RB. He has potential to become the best English defender and England team regular and it would be just typical if we decided to play him out of his strongest position. 

I get Morgan and Huth won the league, but it's time one of them stood back. And we need a proper RB for backup.

I dont disagree here, its fair to say and welcome the fact he had a few good game as RB, and does drive forward, with a

Decent technical skills.plus he can put in a good cross...Those plus points should be mentioned, and he aint slow..

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I dont disagree here, its fair to say and welcome the fact he had a few good game as RB, and does drive forward, with a

Decent technical skills.plus he can put in a good cross...Those plus points should be mentioned, and he aint slow..

The Hull fans I have talked to have said he is very slow, but makes up for it in excellent game-reading. 

On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 05:01, Pete Campbell said:

My mate reckons this bloke will play right back for us. I would have thought he will play alongside Huth or Morgan.

lol We've appointed Craig Shakespulis.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, brucey said:

That's a glowing review if I've ever read one. Interesting that he likes to play on the right side of a back 3, I can see that working with Huth in the middle and (Gibson?) on the left.

Not that Gibson is rated at all in this article. Which has me worried.

Edited by Melbourne Fuchs

5 hours ago, Melbourne Fuchs said:

That's a glowing review if I've ever read one. Interesting that he likes to play on the right side of a back 3, I can see that working with Huth in the middle and (Gibson?) on the left.

Not that Gibson is rated at all in this article. Which has me worried.

"Ben Gibson is having an excellent season in a struggling Middlesbrough team and has been linked with a move away from Teeside. I first came across Ben when he was on loan at Tranmere Rovers in League One. I could tell from playing against him he was a rugged defender who enjoyed defending. Being left-sided gives him an added edge as left-sided defenders are always hard to come by, but despite all his strengths, I don’t think he can match the performances or attributes that Harry can point to. So why would Southgate select him ahead of Maguire?"

Because he's left sided?