Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Riyad Mahrez - The great Artist

mahrez said it himself, there are millions of ronaldo's and messi's that never had a chance

but i remember a saying on reddit, paraphrasing here, "potential means that you haven't done anything yet"

ndidi was better than kante at the age of 20, does that mean he will be a better player? some players are late bloomer, it happened that leicester got 3 of the best "late bloomers" in recent his history

p.s: i think gray's ceiling is zaha, which is pretty good

Edited by the fox

4 minutes ago, filbertboy said:

There will come a time when RM wont be here - then we will all realise just what a great player he is.  The likes of which we will be lucky to have pull on a city shirt again.

think people said the same thing about muzzy and lineker, but we had mahrez and vardy so who knows (i know muzzy isn't that similar to mahrez but still). let's wait and see (even though i think we had our last pfa player of the year, atleast for the next 15-20 years)

• Like 1

On 12/24/2017 at 15:35, Sammy said:

Mahrez looked like the most talented player on the pitch yesterday (confirmed with 2 Man United fans I spoke to after who said they'd happily bid 80m in Jan - but we should accept 30 shouldn't we!!)

They would happily bid 80m for him? I didn't realize they owned the club 

On 24/12/2017 at 01:09, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Not irreplaceable? Who can we realistically get into to replace him! 

I realise that he's a Leicester player but some people on here are really overrating the guy. None of the "big 6" would have him starting more than a handful of games in the season. None of them actually wanted to buy him in the summer - not even Arsenal - the only team who even wanted him were Roma and they didn't want him enough to use the money they'd got from selling another player to buy him.

There will be paper talk as always in January and there will be re-hashed stories from rumours that existed about clubs wanting him in 2015-16 but no-one is going to buy him so he doesn't need to be irreplaceable or replaceable. what he needs is to be consistently good enough for us until the summer. 

If he is then some foreign team will again make a derisory offer for him in the summer and he'll have to decide if he wants out badly enough to go to another "small" club.

He was once POTY now he isn't in the top 30 prem players. That's a sign. 

Kanté and Drinkwater were wanted from our title winning midfield. Mahrez just isn't good enough for the big boys, the sooner he accepts that and puts in consistently good performances for us the better.

My local team Bordeaux are in a massive slump at the moment but they have a Brazilian wonderkind who would probably jump at the chance of playing in the prem. He could also be had for around £20m (maybe an upgrade on Mahrez). I'd be happy with Gray but I'd also accept Ben Arfa coming in. We could also look at someone from the championship like Tom Cairney and use the balance to sign Ben Gibson or even Pontus Jansson. 

I hope (and think) we keep Mahrez but let's not fool ourselves that there aren't other possibilities out there.

Edited by Guest

56 minutes ago, FIF said:

I realise that he's a Leicester player but some people on here are really overrating the guy. None of the "big 6" would have him starting more than a handful of games in the season. None of them actually wanted to buy him in the summer - not even Arsenal - the only team who even wanted him were Roma and they didn't want him enough to use the money they'd got from selling another player to buy him.

There will be paper talk as always in January and there will be re-hashed stories from rumours that existed about clubs wanting him in 2015-16 but no-one is going to buy him so he doesn't need to be irreplaceable or replaceable. what he needs is to be consistently good enough for us until the summer. 

If he is then some foreign team will again make a derisory offer for him in the summer and he'll have to decide if he wants out badly enough to go to another "small" club.

Kanté and Drinkwater were wanted from our title winning midfield. Mahrez just isn't good enough for the big boys, the sooner he accepts that and puts in consistently good performances for us the better.

My local team Bordeaux are in a massive slump at the moment but they have a Brazilian wonderkind who would probably jump at the chance of playing in the prem. He could also be had for around £20m (maybe an upgrade on Mahrez). I'd be happy with Gray but I'd also accept Ben Arfa coming in. We could also look at someone from the championship like Tom Cairney and use the balance to sign Ben Gibson or even Pontus Jansson. 

I hope (and think) we keep Mahrez but let's not fool ourselves that there aren't other possibilities out there.

Pretty much what he's been doing for the last several months. I think the measure of a player is how important he is to a team, and without Mahrez we'd be hovering around the relegation zone.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Your argument is inconsistent. You say Mahrez is overrated, but then you talk about Ben Arfa? ??

Ben Arfa had one good season, and it was in large part due to the weak opposition (Guingamp, Bastia, ect). 

Just admit you hate Mahrez as a person (which is your right to), but don't try to justify with your inconsistent arguments. 

it has to be the extreme, doesn't it. @FIF he is even overrated or underrated. and to be honest, other team's fans rate mahrez more than city fans! 

he is by far the least player to benefit from our system (before puel) in the last 1 and a half years. the team isn't built around him and he is rarely getting the chance to show his best attributes (on ball).

his poty season is the most impressive in the league in the last 4-5 years, he was playing as a RM in a defensive 4-4-2 without an overlapping fullback.

ok, i give you pool and man city, i don't think he can start for them, but arsenal, man united and chelsea? he is an upgrade on anyone on their right side.

just look at vardy, the moment we stopped playing "vardy-ball", his numbers dipped even though his work rate is still great.

he is finally playing in a team with a defined "system", he knows what he has to do and he is finaly been givine the keys to the team.

he rarely gets the chance to go 1 v 1 with the fullbacks and when he does he skins them, just watching the "top 6" teams, they will feed him the ball like there is no tomorrow. just look at salah, he is gettin more service in one game than mahrez in 5.

let me know where we can find a player who can attempt this let alone pull it off.

21sav3.gif

and as for gray, no, just no. he is a very good 2nd winger be he isn't the playmaker riyad is.

Edited by the fox
  • Like 1

Did some quiz via BBC Football and didn't know this fact about him..

Roma target Riyad Mahrez, who requested a move away from Leicester in the summer, once fled a trial from which Scottish club?

• Inverness Caledonian Thistle
  • Falkirk
  • St Mirren
  • Queen of the South
"It was cold. It was snowing and everything," said Mahrez of St Mirren.

arsenal, chelsea and liverpool fans I spoke to would love mahrez to sign.  Seems fans of bigger teams rate him more than LCFC fans.

Mahrez is a very special player, when he leaves we will miss him.

Also not every offer is public, some clubs do transfer business respectfully, not leaking to the press etc. when making bids for players.  So we dont know for sure at all if roma was the only bid.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

arsenal, chelsea and liverpool fans I spoke to would love mahrez to sign.  Seems fans of bigger teams rate him more than LCFC fans.

How do you work that one out then ?? ...    How many leicester fans have said he isn't very good ? ...    How many fans of 'bigger teams' have you spoken to ???   

3 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Mahrez is a very special player, when he leaves we will miss him.

Also not every offer is public, some clubs do transfer business respectfully, not leaking to the press etc. when making bids for players.  So we dont know for sure at all if roma was the only bid.

They see his highlights, we see him for 90mins every game. 

23 hours ago, Redouane said:

Your argument is inconsistent. You say Mahrez is overrated, but then you talk about Ben Arfa? ??

Ben Arfa had one good season, and it was in large part due to the weak opposition (Guingamp, Bastia, ect). 

Just admit you hate Mahrez as a person (which is your right to), but don't try to justify with your inconsistent arguments. 

I wasn't going to reply to this but just in case you are serious I'll put you right.

I love Mahrez as both a footballer and person. I hope he stays and plays for us the rest of his career. FYI I like Algerians in general whom I've always found to be respectful, polite and have a good humour. A much nicer people than the Brits of which I am and proud to be.

I have a right to state when I think our most skilfull is not up to scratch. He has to be held up to his high standards, not the standards that I'd expect of Albrighton for example. You say BA had one good season, Mahrez has so far had one great season. He seriously needs to back that up this season after the poor showing last season. There are signs he is now starting to put in some performances but they need to continue.

So please feel free to attack my opinions , that's all they are, but don't make assertions such as me hating Mahrez which are just so untrue.