Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Adrien Silva

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

It would be a disgrace if FIFA stopped this for a technicality or a minute late, etc.

Not for our sake but this is a man's livelihood and his career.

That's why it's a formality - I appreciate that decades of supporting our club does this to you all but get a grip everyone!!

Guest seanfox778

What are they even discussing? Stop being sh**bags and confirm the deal. I bet some FIFA execs are sat around a laptop pis**ng themselves over this thread haha.  

2 minutes ago, Burmesefox said:

Apparently Portugese news saying Fifa decision on the transfer may not happen until Monday now. 

What is there to decide? We just need a rubber stamping of his International Clearance.  Surely some one at FIFA has a Mont Blanc?  They cannot possibley not nod this through due to an insignificant technicality after what they have been up to for years and years.  This would be an absolute crime.

13 minutes ago, les-tah said:

The same Harry Redknapp who thought he was signing players for Bournemouth yesterday lol

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11013445/harry-redknapp-plans-deadline-day-moves-for-birmingham-city

4 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Same basis as Harry

Well Silva's a genuine goalscoring midfielder, which Drinkwater isn't. And according to reports he's also accomplished on the ball, a good 'enforcer' and has an excellent work rate. I like Drinkwater as a player but, unlike Vardy and Mahrez, I've always felt we could probably find somebody better for his position. For now I'm happy to remain open-minded about whether Silva is that man.

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

Well Silva's a genuine goalscoring midfielder, which Drinkwater isn't. And according to reports he's also accomplished on the ball, a good 'enforcer' and has an excellent work rate. I like Drinkwater as a player but, unlike Vardy and Mahrez, I've always felt we could probably find a better player for that position. For now I'm happy to remain open-minded about whether Silva is that man.

This is the impression I get from what I've read, not seen.

However no one should be under any illusions how much work & greatness Drinkwater has contributed to our most successful ever period, in particular his tackling, neverending energy & importantly his final 1/3rd passes... which makes his lack of goals a bit baffling tbh

Plus reading Schmeichel & Simpson's comments, Drinkwater was key dressing room figure too

Anyway he's gone now, hopefully Silva will join us & we won't miss Drinkwater

Archived