Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

The EU is now doing more to divide and dictate than at a lot of times in history - take away nationhood, the ability for independent governance and don't be surprised to find a deleterious consequence.

Thanks, I take that as a compliment, nothing worse than reading a response from someome and knowing exactly what the opinion will be.

On the subject, not the government, the voters. Big, big difference. 

The people of Hungary have the right to decide the future of the nation of Hungary. 

Rep point for deleterious. :thumbup:

15 minutes ago, MattP said:

The EU is now doing more to divide and dictate than at a lot of times in history - take away nationhood, the ability for independent governance and don't be surprised to find a deleterious consequence.

Thanks, I take that as a compliment, nothing worse than reading a response from someome and knowing exactly what the opinion will be.

On the subject, not the government, the voters. Big, big difference. 

The people of Hungary have the right to decide the future of the nation of Hungary. 

I thought when you said "backing this lot up", you were talking about the government. And why do you believe the people of Hungary have had their nationhood taken away? 

Edited by bovril

18 minutes ago, MattP said:

You might be right on the EU, you might not be. All I know is that pretty much the entire history of Europe has been that of divide and dictate both on the continent and around the world and up until about seventy years ago all of that was often at the point or at least the threat of a weapon.

And in my own opinion, that same nationhood was directly responsible for a lot of that weapon-pointing.

Guest MattP
48 minutes ago, bovril said:

I thought when you said "backing this lot up", you were talking about the government. And why do you believe the people of Hungary have had their nationhood taken away? 

I wouldn't phrase it that way, I'd use the term "backing the Hungarian people"

Why should be forced to accept things via EU legislation the people have overwhelmingly rejected ie migrant quotas? 

Guest Foxin_mad
2 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

go out and vote for it and you'll see it boss. Until then you are firmly on your arse.

Nothing stops Corbyn, McDonnell, Len McCluskey and co from 'sharing their wealth' now. So could all the other self righteous plonkers like Lilly Allen, Stormzy etc.  They could choose to sell their expensive properties and donate their fortunes to the needy but strangely they don't :innocent:. Why not set and example and show us its possible? 

Of course they could just admit they actually don't care 'that' much.

Any of these rich folk can donate as much as they like to HMRC or charities. 

10 minutes ago, Foxin_mad said:

Nothing stops Corbyn, McDonnell, Len McCluskey and co from 'sharing their wealth' now. So could all the other self righteous plonkers like Lilly Allen, Stormzy etc.  They could choose to sell their expensive properties and donate their fortunes to the needy but strangely they don't :innocent:. Why not set and example and show us its possible? 

Of course they could just admit they actually don't care 'that' much.

Any of these rich folk can donate as much as they like to HMRC or charities. 

How do you know they don't?

57 minutes ago, MattP said:

I wouldn't phrase it that way, I'd use the term "backing the Hungarian people"

Why should be forced to accept things via EU legislation the people have overwhelmingly rejected ie migrant quotas? 

Have they really accepted it, they've built a wall (with EU cash) and taken in about 12 migrants so obviously the EU isn't forcing things on them very successfully.

Secondly, although I agree that the Hungarian people should be the ones who decide the future of their nation, they knew when they joined the EU that they would be pooling some of their sovereignty in return for help developing their country. Which is kind of the point of the EU, greater good and all that naff stuff, and something that countries like Hungary have benefited from. Hungarians are freer now than they have been at probably any time in their history.

Edited by bovril
  • Like 1

Guest Foxin_mad
26 minutes ago, Buce said:

How do you know they don't?

I am sure they would tell us about it on Instagram or something if they did. Most of them are just attention seeking bandwagon jumpers. 

Was it Lilly Allen who rented her flat out for £1000 a week then kicked the tenant out at short notice, obviously a top notch individual right there! 

It populism just left wing populism which bizarrely makes it more acceptable to some. People wearing T-shirts with Corbyn's face on and chanting his name is the most bizarre thing I have ever seen. 

4 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

So, who's joining UKIP now that Sargon, Dankula, Milo, and PJW have started promoting them?

I'm surprised at Milo.

He's always seemed an ok poster.

while disasterclass Theresa May is getting gangbanged by Jean-Claude Junker and Donald Tusk for favours our man JC is watching England win the World Cup with Danny Dyer while sneaking a crafty look down Pam Anderson’s top like a proper prime minister.

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, Foxin_mad said:

I am sure they would tell us about it on Instagram or something if they did. Most of them are just attention seeking bandwagon jumpers. 

Was it Lilly Allen who rented her flat out for £1000 a week then kicked the tenant out at short notice, obviously a top notch individual right there! 

It populism just left wing populism which bizarrely makes it more acceptable to some. People wearing T-shirts with Corbyn's face on and chanting his name is the most bizarre thing I have ever seen. 

And if they did go public on how much they donate to charity/pay in tax, you'd slate them for that because in your view that's the only possible reason why they'd be doing it anyway. They can't win with folks like you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

you can campaign for fairer rights and equality for other people without having to give all your own shit away in some sort of heroic fashion. 

using your status as a celebrity to bring awareness to other people's woes is still a commendable thing to do without having to take your earnings and give them away ffs. 

such a bullshit argument lol.