Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tony1784

Troy Deeney

The fact is that money is more valuable, to the vast majority of players these days than success. Taking a completely unbiased view, who do you think will have more succesful few years, Leicester or Watford? Leicester without a doubt and I can see Deeney taking a pay cut in order to be at a bigger and better club.

15 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

C'mon Troy! Join Vards, Iheanacho and the other one* in one of the PL's most feared strike forces at LCFC! 

*the 'other one' could be Slimani, Ulloa, Musa or Okazaki. We'll see who we can shift Troy. Are you bothered?

Just IMO I'd keep Slim & let the others go, but I can see arguments in favour of keeping each of them, and of keeping two not one of them.

Judging simply on goals Slimani might be the best choice but it's not one part that matters, it's the sum of the parts. i'm still inclined to wait to see who we sign before thinking about who should leave. Besides, someone like Musa might suddenly surprise us and  "join" the club properly.    

1 minute ago, Thracian said:

Judging simply on goals Slimani might be the best choice but it's not one part that matters, it's the sum of the parts. i'm still inclined to wait to see who we sign before thinking about who should leave. Besides, someone like Musa might suddenly surprise us and  "join" the club properly.    

I couldn't agree more Thrace - that's why I'm such a fan of Deeney and why he'd be so much a better signing for us than say Hernandez. He's truly complement Vardy, & could also work well up top with Iheanacho.

I'd be happy to take a 12 month punt on Musa, but I'm afraid it's time we let Leo & Shinji go...

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

I couldn't agree more Thrace - that's why I'm such a fan of Deeney and why he'd be so much a better signing for us than say Hernandez. He's truly complement Vardy, & could also work well up top with Iheanacho.

I'd be happy to take a 12 month punt on Musa, but I'm afraid it's time we let Leo & Shinji go...

What concerns me more than those decisions just now is what we don't know - ie, who from last year's squad is looking (or likely) to leave and will we have the depth in those positions to replace them? 

Slimani's an important one. A proven goalscorer but does he want to be here and what does the manager want?  

That outcome might well affect Ulloa yet there are reports of us offering him a new contract and there must be reasons for that.        

On 05/07/2017 at 22:27, Milo said:

No - but releasing this today would be odd if he's in talks with us...

IMG_1519.JPG

That photo of him has definately been photoshopped he's a bit podgier round the middle than that likes his pukka pies a bit too Much !!?

2 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Any news? Rumours? Gossip? Made up click bait?

My next door neighbour's husband works away from home a lot. She has a different bloke round every night...

Oh, you mean about Deeney? no, not a thing.

Just now, Super_horns said:

Not sure if you are still interested in him but Deeney not going on tour due to a "groin injury" but other injured players are...

Such an injury is often a good excuse to cover a potential move...

We're not interested dammit... leave us alone lol

4 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Not sure if you are still interested in him but Deeney not going on tour due to a "groin injury" but other injured players are...

Bet you he ends up at West Ham

6 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Welcome Troy! 

3 hours ago, sphericalfox said:

Bet you he ends up at West Ham

I bloody hope so. if we end with him instead of Iheanacho, then Ruddders needs castrating.

Archived