Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tony1784

Troy Deeney

2 hours ago, oxford blue said:

Even assuming we have made a bid (story originated from Mirror whose journalists were well off the mark with Leicester stories last season) I can't see this happening for the following reasons:

• No indication Deeney is wanting to leave.He signed a 5 year contract at start of last season. Assuming he recovers his form - which seemed to drop after he clearly fell out with manager - he is guaranteed a regular start, and the adoration of Watford fans 
  • As Watford rejected higher bids a year ago, I can't see them accepting any now. They would need to find  a replacement - they scored very few goals when Deeney wasn't playing.Furthermore, Watford would only have 75% of any fee because of sell-on clause
  • I think he would prefer to start every week - which is unlikely to  happen at Leicester (unless Slim is offloaded)..

The answer to your first two bullets came from Geoff Peters a couple of days ago. The answer to your third is still simple - he'd start as often as anyone.

2 hours ago, oxford blue said:

Even assuming we have made a bid (story originated from Mirror whose journalists were well off the mark with Leicester stories last season) I can't see this happening for the following reasons:

• No indication Deeney is wanting to leave.He signed a 5 year contract at start of last season. Assuming he recovers his form - which seemed to drop after he clearly fell out with manager - he is guaranteed a regular start, and the adoration of Watford fans 
  • As Watford rejected higher bids a year ago, I can't see them accepting any now. They would need to find  a replacement - they scored very few goals when Deeney wasn't playing.Furthermore, Watford would only have 75% of any fee because of sell-on clause
  • I think he would prefer to start every week - which is unlikely to  happen at Leicester (unless Slim is offloaded)..

Signing new contracts mean nothing in regards to commitment these days. 

23 minutes ago, Bert said:

Signing new contracts mean nothing in regards to commitment these days.

No - but releasing this today would be odd if he's in talks with us...

IMG_1519.JPG

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Well, that's the end of that then.

Nope (obviously), but I hope so.

Got a couple of Watford STH mates who would be happy to be shot of him. They've just signed the England U21 midfield and are feeling pretty happy with their lot...just like us... 

This is interesting on a level as it shows how Shakey is thinking - and how NP has influenced him during their time together over the years.

NP loved signing players with character - and it turned out pretty well overall the last couple of years.

I have no doubts in my mind that we as a club could bring the best out of Deeney in his later years, how this club works suits him and his personality.

But, i'm unsure as to how this all happens unless we sell Slimani or Ulloa - or both? With Ulloa being offered a new deal i would lean more towards Slimani being the guy that would have to leave before this deal came off.

While his name might not be much generally in our eyes - if we do end up needing another striker in a minute - i'm confident in Shakey to know what he's doing here and i think he'll do good!

40 minutes ago, Milo said:

No - but releasing this today would be odd if he's in talks with us...

IMG_1519.JPG

How can you be in talks with someone when you've not had a bid accepted? 

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Is Danny Ings back fit now? I think I'd genuinely rather have him at LCFC than Deeney.

Would love a fit Ings at LCFC.

15 minutes ago, Milo said:

Ummm...you know how the world works, right..??!

Very much so! But if you're getting at what I think you are then Watford aren't going to know about it are they? Or Deeney is hardly going to tell them not to publish it as he's in private talks is he.... :rolleyes: 

2 hours ago, Bunyip said:

What other rewards are you talking about then ?

Hmm.. Tricky one this!... 

How about :

Champions league football 

Europa league football 

London club lifestyle 

Playing for a Manager who has a proven PL /CL pedigree. 

2 minutes ago, grumpy old git said:

Troy Deeney I know who eat all the pies..... Good lord NO NO NO have you seen the size of him laterly. Can’t move quick enough to catch a cold.

Let get in some younger players, Deeney way way to expensive! ………..IMO

Have you actually seen the size of him lately? The pictures I've seen I don't think I've seen him look so trim for a few years.

4 minutes ago, grumpy old git said:

Troy Deeney I know who eat all the pies..... Good lord NO NO NO have you seen the size of him laterly. Can’t move quick enough to catch a cold.

Let get in some younger players, Deeney way way to expensive! ………..IMO

Troy Deeney is not fat. I get that people may not want him but using his weight as an excuse to not sign him is ridiculous. If you compared Big Waz to Vardy, then you would say he was fat too! Just because someone has a bigger frame, doesn't mean they are fat.

But yes I would prefer younger players. :thumbup:

Archived