Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tony1784

Troy Deeney

2 hours ago, Bamba's Babes said:

You sir, are mental.

Cambiasso, Maguire, Okazaki, Ndidi, etc. etc. etc.

Still time for Rudkin to get his dirty paws on that deal.

That's thier problem, not ours. They're fortunate that Deeney doesn't have a release clause, the joys of not having Rudkin in charge.

My point was it's been made public in this manner., there's some tactic at play - club want to hurry another deal along, Agent wants to alert other clubs, Player wants a new contract (unlikely here).

Cambiasso was the agent trying to get other clubs interested, but no one fancied him.

Ndidi was the club appeasing Percy after he wrote a challenging article.

Maguire wasn't leaked in this manner, and I've no idea about Okazaki.

8 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

i can't believe we re spending time chasing deeney - what sort of club are we trying to be?

A midtable established team to start with, that's the goal that has been set out. Get established, if we'd not fecked up last season and flirted with relegation we might have been able to tick that one off the list and push on. But we did, so it hasn't.

1 hour ago, toddybad said:

You'd be happier keeping musa than okazaki? :nigel:

What I was saying was, I could understand if the club thought they wanted to see if Musa improved in his 2nd season. Okazaki became far less involved last season at a time when we were struggling than the season before when we won the league. He's 32 this year and is also fairly dissatisfied he's not playing as much. I could see why we'd look to move him and Ulloa on if indeed we want Deeney. Musa at 24 might be viewed as worth another season before recouping as much of the transfer fee we paid. You never know, he could settle in and do well.

1 hour ago, Dames said:

Yes - Can you imagine if Vardy got injured how uninspiring a front line of Slimani/Deeney/Okazaki/Ulloa would be? We need the threat of pace on the break our whole playing style is built around it.

I think a front pairing of Slimani and Deeney would be interesting to see, actually...

I really hope to sign Deeney... he has Ulloa's physical attributes with Slimani's scoring ability... he is a proven EPL striker.

we can't attract better or younger player.. we are no longer a premier league champion.

It is not wise to throw money just because the player is younger, maturity and prime time vary from player to player.

2 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

how come we can find 20m for deeney age 30) but cant find 25m for ihanacho?  what is shakey doing?

Iheanacho's fee is complicated. Man City don't need the money and don't want to sell him without a buy-back clause. We obviously want to make that clause as high as possible or remove it completely and that will take time.

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

how come we can find 20m for deeney age 30) but cant find 25m for ihanacho?  what is shakey doing?

I dont think its the transfer amount that is the problem with the Iheancho deal, i think its more to do with the buy back amount Man City are insisting on.. upthe league fox , i think it was alluded to the fact that its so low that it amounts to a loan deal and thats not what we are after right now...

7 minutes ago, MPH said:

I think a front pairing of Slimani and Deeney would be interesting to see, actually...

Would work maybe against Arsenal and Man City and thats it. Any other team that are sound defensively would have a field day with them two up top.

West Brom away would probably be a thrashing :sweating:

8 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Very good question.. I truly hope this Deeney thing is BS..  If Shakey is serious about wanting Deeney, then personally this worries me. . IMO We should be pulling all the stops out to sign Ihanacho not chasing Deeney who is past his best. 

8 minutes ago, Dames said:

Would work maybe against Arsenal and Man City and thats it. Any other team that are sound defensively would have a field day with them two up top.

West Brom away would probably be a thrashing :sweating:

7 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

I hope you're joking.

2 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

****ing hell! 

lol

Keep your hair on chaps.

I didn't say i wanted it to be our go to pairing, i didn't say its my preferred choice. i never said we should even play the pair together. i simply said it would be interesting to see.

14 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

He's just turned 29.

Why do people need to round things up and not in a positive way?

Keep reading that Slimani cost £30m, thought it was a total of 28m including add-ons which we clearly haven't had to pay yet.

Just now, hackneyfox said:

He's just turned 29.

Why do people need to round things up and not in a positive way?

Keep reading that Slimani cost £30m, thought it was a total of 28m including add-ons which we clearly haven't had to pay yet.

Ok... i was guessing. .... but finding out he is just 29 doesn't make me change my mind. 

Oh..

I will be happy to pay the slimani add ons when he sorts his upper body strength out and is able to find the top corner from the edge of the box

Do the people moaning about signing Deeney because of his age and saying hay we have Okazaki realise Shinji is 2 years older than Deeney? Get him in. 

56 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

It's not the transfer fee there's other underlying issues to the Ihenahco transfer. 

Archived