Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JimmyB

Honeymoons - Where did you go!?

Just now, bovril said:

I absolutely love the place. If my partner and I eventually get married (massive if) we plan to on honeymoon to the Peloponnese for two weeks.

Another place we thought about was the Outer Hebrides (no joke). We went to Harris last year and fell in love with the place. Stunningly beautiful.

I go occasionally for work.  When the sun shines, Harris is utterly stunning.

However, when it's grey and drizzly, which is often, it's more difficult to love.

11 minutes ago, bovril said:

I absolutely love the place. If my partner and I eventually get married (massive if) we plan to on honeymoon to the Peloponnese for two weeks.

Another place we thought about was the Outer Hebrides (no joke). We went to Harris last year and fell in love with the place. Stunningly beautiful.

Didn't go there on honeymoon but you're right about Harris.

We went to the Shetlands,wonderful wildlife and history.

Mauritius for 2 weeks...beautiful but actually got a bit bored after a week or so (!) and tried to get an earlier flight home.

I think we realised that 2 weeks of beach isn't really for us.

Would probably do week cruise/week beach resort if I was to do it again :ph34r: 

5 hours ago, JimmyB said:

I'm currently in the early stages of planning my honeymoon for September 2018 and could do with hearing about other people's experiences. 

At the moment we're looking at maybe a 3 or 4 day city break, 3 or 4 day safari (or anywhere where the wife to be can see some wildlife) followed by a week of relaxation. No idea if any of that is even doable as yet as we're still to set a budget. 

So.. 

Where did you go?

How long for? 

Would you recommend? 

Cheers!

Not my honeymoon but we had a family holiday last Oct/Nov which might fit the criteria.

Cape Town 4 days-what a city,loved it.Was a little apprehensive beforehand re safety.Dont worry it was fine.Now my favourite City and I've been to quite a few.

3 night safari-Marataba-Non malaria area-Amazing experience.

1 week Mauritius - Not really my bag,but plenty of  Water Sports free on offer at our hotel.Weather wasn't fantastic,didn't rain but cloudy.

might be a bit cooler in CT in September.

recommend you PM @Merging Cultures Very helpful and having lived there he knows what he is talking about.

Crask of Aigas

Which is Scotland. It is about as remote as you can get, which is great for a couple wanting private time (and not just for that!), beautiful, wild, but still only 30 mins drive from Inverness, which I maintain is the prettiest City in the UK.

So two weeks in the Highlands, starry skies like you won't see in most of Europe, peace and quiet, friendly people (I've never met a tight Scot; so much for the stereotype.) gorgeous scenery and lots of whisky!

1 hour ago, Milo said:

Mauritius for 2 weeks...beautiful but actually got a bit bored after a week or so (!) and tried to get an earlier flight home.

I think we realised that 2 weeks of beach isn't really for us.

Would probably do week cruise/week beach resort if I was to do it again :ph34r: 

Plenty to do in Mauritius other than laying on a beach, Who goes there and wants to come home early? lol 

heading off on mine soon.

3 weeks in total - 2 weeks camping on the beach in the south of france w/ 3 days (2 stops) there and 3 days (2 stops back). Stopping in Chartres, Millau, Beaune and Saint Quentin. 

2 weeks of beach, bbq's and good french wine. 

gonna be well blessy fam. 

9 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Plenty to do in Mauritius other than laying on a beach, Who goes there and wants to come home early? lol

Mad, isn't it?! We had a great time, did loads but about 10 days was enough for us. Rarely been on a 2 week holiday since. 

1986. We went to Blue Anchor Bay (which, if you say it quickly, doesn't sound like Blue Anchor) in Devon in a borrowed static caravan for a week.

The morning we left her parents house we were all waving goodbye, have a great time, see you soon etc. and we ran out of petrol before we even left the road.

3 days in and we were at a beauty spot near Porlock Hill when we came across a body in a car with a pipe to the exhaust.

Memorable honeymoon.

3 nights in Dubai and a week in Mauritius. 

We arrived in Mauritius the day after an election and apparently the result wasn't what the majority of people wanted. There was a bit if unrest and we were told not to leave the hotel!!! 

Didn't see any bother though and a week in le tousseroc was beyond heaven. 

I know what you mean about a 2 week holiday, we usually try to get 2 or 3 1 week breaks in. With 14 nights we found that by day 10 or 11 you were just waiting to go home....

Would recommend Mauritius most definitely, some amazing hotels, beaches and food. 

If it's beach type relaxation  you're after maybe try Maldives. Sister in law has been a few times and it looks unreal. Not good for us now with 2 kids though...

The love isle of Ibiza for a week for my first.  Divorced that one and now have to plan another for 2019!!

Think she wants to go to a West Indian isle, I'd be happy with Magaluf!! :D

Guess who is going to win that one... :(

Archived