Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JimmyB

Honeymoons - Where did you go!?

I'm currently in the early stages of planning my honeymoon for September 2018 and could do with hearing about other people's experiences. 

At the moment we're looking at maybe a 3 or 4 day city break, 3 or 4 day safari (or anywhere where the wife to be can see some wildlife) followed by a week of relaxation. No idea if any of that is even doable as yet as we're still to set a budget. 

So.. 

Where did you go?

How long for? 

Would you recommend? 

Cheers!

I had a pretty low budged but we went to Cheddar for 4 nights for honeymoon pt.1 straight after the wedding. Part 2 is coming up in a couple of weeks. We're having 3 nights in Rome - Been on our bucket lists for a long time.

We're trying to save up for a "proper" honeymoon to either Mexico or Tobago for some time next year though

2 weeks in Colombia.

Found ourselves in the middle of the sweaty jungle with 5 strangers doing the Lost City trek a few days after our wedding which was about the least romantic thing ever. Great laugh though.

Managed to get beaches, mountains, cities, jungles, rural countryside and quite a bit of partying all packed in - was an aswesome trip but in hindsight we realised that we should have had more time just to relax. Organising a wedding is mentally and physically exhausting so my only advice would be build in some recuperation and relaxation otherwise like us you'll need another holiday just to get over the honeymoon

Kerala - South India. Mix between City, Jungle, Hillside Tea Plantations and Beaches, staying in a mixture of decent hostels and homestays (generally with rich Indian families).

3 weeks

Absolutely would recommend it, although September probably not a great time to go weather wise. Was a bit of a cowards introduction to India as the pace of life is so much slower than elsewhere, but  a lovely place, and ridiculously cheap.

Wedding night: Round Hill, Montego Bay, Jamaica

It was close to where we go married, so we could escape and relax after a long (but fun) day.

Honeymoon: Sandals Whitehouse, Jamaica

We are not the sort who usually go for all inclusive massive resorts. But, because it was our honeymoon we didn't want to have to think about anything, or have to deal with anything. It was so easy and relaxing, we could just focus on each other. Perfect. We went for just a week because we'd already been in Jamaica for the week prior to the wedding.

I'm currently in the early stages of planning my honeymoon for September 2018 and could do with hearing about other people's experiences. 

At the moment we're looking at maybe a 3 or 4 day city break, 3 or 4 day safari (or anywhere where the wife to be can see some wildlife) followed by a week of relaxation. No idea if any of that is even doable as yet as we're still to set a budget. 

So.. 

Where did you go?
How long for? 
Would you recommend? 

Cheers!

If you want to do a safari PM me.

We went to the blue ridge mountains in North Carolina. Beautiful secluded mountain cabin with just an amazing view of the mountains. We were not far from the cherokee reservation so we went to visit there. We went to a restaurant where all of the people working there clearly Native American which i thought was well cool! So hard not to stare which im sure is pretty weird for you all to read about but for some reason it was always something i wanted to do - meet a real native American! I dont think any of them live in Wigwams or teepees anymore!

Malia, Crete.

There was a Club 18-30 resort in town, but we were in a quiet villa with a pool on a hill above the town, and we spent our evenings dining at quiet Greek restaurants in the old town before descending into the mayhem to have a quiet few drinks, whilst watching the 18-30ers trying to kop off with each other as they downed fishbowls etc.  It was proper "Oi, oi, saveloy! 'Avin' it laaaaarge" territory...

As people-watching goes, it was fascinating observing at a distance and being able to see who was probably going to get their jollies and who probably wasn't, safe in the knowledge that all that that stuff was in our past.

Yes, I meant it like that...  :P

We loved Greece and have been back to various places in Greece since. 

27 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Go big on the honeymoon even if it means cutting back a bit on the wedding day itself.  

Totally this. Well for us anyway.

We spent more money on our HM than on our wedding in the end. Wedding was really small and intimate - marquee in my parents garden, only 30 guests, BBQ, bottled beer, own music, jumpers for goalposts - brilliant.

HM was 3 weeks traveling through New Zealand with 4 nights in Singapore on the way out and 4 nights in Bali on the way back.

Amazing time. Wouldn't change what we did at all...

2 hours ago, Filbert_Ross said:

San Francisco 5 nights 

Vegas 4 nights 

St Lucia 7 nights. 

This time last year, was amazing.

2 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

Vegas, LA, San Francisco

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

New York - 4 nights

San Francisco - 3 nights

Yosemite - 2 nights 

Los Angeles - 3 nights

San Diego - 2 nights

Las Vegas - 3 night

Did you lot go together??! lol  ...and talk about the merits of a 442 with Mahrez in the hole, or a 352,  what with with Wes and Huth getting a bit older?? Very romantic   

2 hours ago, Vacamion said:

We loved Greece and have been back to various places in Greece since.

I absolutely love the place. If my partner and I eventually get married (massive if) we plan to on honeymoon to the Peloponnese for two weeks.

Another place we thought about was the Outer Hebrides (no joke). We went to Harris last year and fell in love with the place. Stunningly beautiful.

Archived