Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Jakupovic Signs!

5 hours ago, Jimmy said:

If Hamer is really better than Jakupovic then anyone that sanctioned the transfer should be sacked as they obviously have no eye for tallent

Hold on a minute.

When did we make the unanimous decision that Hamer was an awful goalkeeper?

Being behind Schmeichel in the pecking order would be no reflection on any keeper's ability, and to my mind whenever Hamer has played he has been solid enough.

2 hours ago, Tiny earl said:

He was at fault,beaten on his near post from that far out ,poor.

"Goalkeeps shouldn't be beaten on their near post" is one of the most absurd and non-sensical cliches in football.

Hamer's positioning was correct for the goal. It was just a fluke, 999 times out of 1000 the keeper would be correct in being positioned for the cross as Hamer was.

We needed another goalkeeper, we signed one. I'd rather have 2 competitive keepers behind Kasper. Showing a bit of faith in Hamer does no harm at all and could be seen as a credit to having a good attitude while playing almost no first team football for about 2 years. He'll be much more familiar with the defence (minus Maguire) too. 

34 minutes ago, Sampson said:

"Goalkeeps shouldn't be beaten on their near post" is one of the most absurd and non-sensical cliches in football.

Hamer's positioning was correct for the goal. It was just a fluke, 999 times out of 1000 the keeper would be correct in being positioned for the cross as Hamer was.

He should have been a bit closer to his near post IMO for where the ball was. The strike was phenomenal and swerved away a little but it was definitely meant. Don't think it was 1 in 1000 but it was more 1 in 50-60. Enough for a top flight keeper to be wary of it 

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Makes me suspicious he was signed by committee and not because Shakey wanted him.

The club needed a third keeper so it was going to be Hamer and Jakupovic competing as no2 to Schmeichel in whichever order. Shakespeare has always given me the impression he likes Hamer so it's not a huge surprise how it's turned out. I suspect Jakupovic isn't best pleased, however.

6 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

He should have been a bit closer to his near post IMO for where the ball was. The strike was phenomenal and swerved away a little but it was definitely meant. Don't think it was 1 in 1000 but it was more 1 in 50-60. Enough for a top flight keeper to be wary of it 

No way was that meant. It was a wild sliced cross 

11 hours ago, Micky said:

Their goal was a fluke. Hamer was not at fault. No chance.

The goal may have been a fluke but his positioning was poor. The striker didn't intend to shoot but he could have and Hamer wasn't ready for it. 

I was also disappointed with some of Hamer's distribution, which I understood was the reason that Jakupovic was being kept out.

If Hamer is the best second choice goalie we have then why buy Jakupovic? We've gone backwards in this position if true.

10 hours ago, FIF said:

The goal may have been a fluke but his positioning was poor. The striker didn't intend to shoot but he could have and Hamer wasn't ready for it. 

I was also disappointed with some of Hamer's distribution, which I understood was the reason that Jakupovic was being kept out.

If Hamer is the best second choice goalie we have then why buy Jakupovic? We've gone backwards in this position if true.

Jaku must be a worse passer than Musa if he is inferior to Hamer. Aimless lumps upfield is not distribution to me. He (Jaku) seemed pretty happy to throw and short pass it against Luton. 

Maybe Hamer is pulling off worldies in training or, my theory, he's up to leave, hence the game time? 

5 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Jaku must be a worse passer than Musa if he is inferior to Hamer. Aimless lumps upfield is not distribution to me. He (Jaku) seemed pretty happy to throw and short pass it against Luton. 

Maybe Hamer is pulling off worldies in training or, my theory, he's up to leave, hence the game time? 

I agree and I hope that you're right. Hamer was a back-up keeper for a championship team not prem challengers.

On 8/22/2017 at 22:03, Nod.E said:

Hold on a minute.

When did we make the unanimous decision that Hamer was an awful goalkeeper?

Being behind Schmeichel in the pecking order would be no reflection on any keeper's ability, and to my mind whenever Hamer has played he has been solid enough.

Yeah totally agree, had a blinder in Porto

3 minutes ago, brucey said:

Jak could be rusty or lost confidence getting sent to the U23s. But can people trust our manager and stop moaning about Hamer now?

I was never moaning, but it did seem odd. I can't imagine he's turned up and has been utterly dreadful in training, he was a competent keeper in the PL last year.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and put it down to adjusting to new settings.

Archived