Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Jakupovic Signs!

2 hours ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

I find it strange that his name has not been mentioned. The reporters who interview Shakey haven't mentioned him either. 

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

I think they asked about him and CS reply was quite short, something along the lines of "he's not there because he's not been selected". Can't remember the exact wording.

I'll trust Shakey on this.

I'd imagine Shakespeare has told all the players in preseason they have a fresh slate now, everyone starts at 0 and those who impress and train the hardest will get selected, I believe him when he says Hamer is there on merit as he had a decent pre season.

Another factor to consider is he might not want to chuck Jakupovic in when he doesn't have as good an understanding with the defense compared to Hamer. We saw last season how Zielers lack of communication and the defenses trust in him costed us goals, probably wants to wait a while until he has learnt more about his team mates and how they play.

Considering when we signed him I genuinely thought it would be to compete for No.1 after Kasper left (given good performances for Hull) i'm amazed that he's number three based on anything other than something he's done wrong

It is indeed odd and can hardly help Jakupovic settle in. We didn't need a 3rd choice goalkeeper, we needed someone to push Kasper and provide able deputy should he get injured which he does 2-3 times a season. Hamer has got nowhere near the first team in the last two seasons and fair enough if Shakey rates him but why bring in someone as established as Jakupovic then? Can't help but feel something is amiss.

I really wonder if this is all to get Hamer in the shop window? He used to be a starter and I'm guessing won't be too happy to not be playing.

Really can't believe he's better than Jaku and didn't exactly pull up trees in preseason. 

1 minute ago, HoustonFox said:

I really wonder if this is all to get Hamer in the shop window? He used to be a starter and I'm guessing won't be too happy to not be playing.

Really can't believe he's better than Jaku and didn't exactly pull up trees in preseason. 

Hamer is pretty happy not playing, barely kicked a ball for 2.5 years.

He's one of the lads behind the scenes.

41 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Hamer is pretty happy not playing, barely kicked a ball for 2.5 years.

He's one of the lads behind the scenes.

I remember now a few outings Hamer has always been there, makes you wonder (well, me) how much player power there is if it's got him a place on the bench, what else does the manager have no control over if that is the case - Vardy wanting to play tonight for example. Shakey has always been one of the lads as well though so maybe he's happy to go along with it.

52 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It is indeed odd and can hardly help Jakupovic settle in. We didn't need a 3rd choice goalkeeper, we needed someone to push Kasper and provide able deputy should he get injured which he does 2-3 times a season. Hamer has got nowhere near the first team in the last two seasons and fair enough if Shakey rates him but why bring in someone as established as Jakupovic then? Can't help but feel something is amiss.

It could be that we bought him as 2nd choice, but we've now found he isn't as good as we first thought when we first scouted him? Happens all the time, players look good when scouted playing for other teams, but buy them and immediately realise they're not that great? Like the Snodgrass to WHam transfer? Not saying that's the case here mind, I think Stowell was quoted as saying he just needs to work on his distribution first to fit the way we play.

Maybe Jaku has been a ****ing butter fingers since he joined and Shakespeare is happy to put Hamer in second slot on merit until he can hold onto a ball?

Not sure there's some massive conspiracy where players are forcing Shakespeare to put Hamer on the bench... jeez.

35 minutes ago, brucey said:

It could be that we bought him as 2nd choice, but we've now found he isn't as good as we first thought when we first scouted him? Happens all the time, players look good when scouted playing for other teams, but buy them and immediately realise they're not that great? Like the Snodgrass to WHam transfer? Not saying that's the case here mind, I think Stowell was quoted as saying he just needs to work on his distribution first to fit the way we play.

You mean he needs to learn to hoof it more? :ph34r:

17 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Maybe Jaku has been a ****ing butter fingers since he joined and Shakespeare is happy to put Hamer in second slot on merit until he can hold onto a ball?

Not sure there's some massive conspiracy where players are forcing Shakespeare to put Hamer on the bench... jeez.

You have seen Hamer play?  He described himself as "bad hands"! 

I think only one person has suggested there is a conspiracy...

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

Considering when we signed him I genuinely thought it would be to compete for No.1 after Kasper left (given good performances for Hull) i'm amazed that he's number three based on anything other than something he's done wrong

It seems he's said a little to much about his lack of game time pre season.

So if true it dismisses the theory that Shakey won't be hard enough.

14 minutes ago, sylofox said:

This ITK, because I see freezing him out as week Management not strong, can’t deal with the first player who complains? Jakupovic had every right to be annoyed with his game time pre season and it should be seen as a sign of desire to play not a personal attack.

The fact Hamer is still at this club is indicative of some of the problems we still have with favourites and people being kept for ‘bants’

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

This ITK, because I see freezing him out as week Management not strong, can’t deal with the first player who complains? Jakupovic had every right to be annoyed with his game time pre season and it should be seen as a sign of desire to play not a personal attack.

The fact Hamer is still at this club is indicative of some of the problems we still have with favourites and people being kept for ‘bants’

Its what ive just been told yes. I agree with you to a point. But we dont know how he went about it or what he said.

The fact Hamer is still at the club perhaps has more to do with nobody coming in for him.

29 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Hardly. He's being hard on someone new who has no established connections in the squad. Where was his hardness when Mahrez didn't turn up last season. Lets see if he's big enough to take Morgan out when fit if he continues to look as laboured 

2 minutes ago, F1_AN said:

Hardly. He's being hard on someone new who has no established connections in the squad. Where was his hardness when Mahrez didn't turn up last season. Lets see if he's big enough to take Morgan out when fit if he continues to look as laboured 

If things come off Morgan will only be bit part.

5 hours ago, filbertway said:

lol Why bother signing a keeper if he's no better than what we have. We can't even get back up signings right.

If we sell Drinky or Mahrez we're screwed.

There's no doubt he's better than Ron Robert Zieler who he replaced. Whether he's better than Hamer (an underrated keeper) I'm not sure. Nor clearly is Shakey. 

4 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

I remember now a few outings Hamer has always been there, makes you wonder (well, me) how much player power there is if it's got him a place on the bench, what else does the manager have no control over if that is the case - Vardy wanting to play tonight for example. Shakey has always been one of the lads as well though so maybe he's happy to go along with it.

Think there's quite a bit of truth in what you say. 

Thought Hamer was decent tonite, a bit unlucky with their goal but solid generally.

Last season we ended up exposing Zieler, before he had really settled in. Maybe that, and good performances from Hamer, gave Shakey some pause for thought. It doesn't have to be a big problem with the new man, although this is pure speculation on my part.

Archived