Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Argarath

Liverpool (PL Asia Trophy - Final) match thread Sat 22nd July

2 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Too early to judge Iborra. He looks like he hasnt caught to up the average Leicester players' fitness levels and just needs time.

Of course it's too early, but we can only comment on what we've seen so far. I'm sure we all know it can take time and preseason is pointless in terms of making judgements.

Just concerned he looks exactly like I thought he would going off what I saw

previously and his physique... Slow.

I can see where he fits, tightening games up, defending leads etc. But I struggle to imagine him starting in a 4.

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

It's only a friendly and Shakey did experiment. Rightly so.

We're in dire need of a good FB and CAM ((yes, thanks captain obvious).

DD is going to struggle for a CM place this season.

Iborra needs a bit time to settle and to stop with the long balls..

McGuire is quality.

Musa is not a PL player.

Mahrez to stay and a joy to watch no matter what some here might think. He was at the start of the action that lead to the goal.

Anyone still thinking that Ulloa is better than Slim should get their head checked or simply stop following football.

Thought Musa did ok today, had bugger all to work with. Would rather keep the pace in the squad.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Thought Musa did ok today, had bugger all to work with. Would rather keep the pace in the squad.

You might be right. But by all the patience and good will, I can only see him as squad player. The one you'd bring on because otherwise you'd have to call someone from the crowd. I'd prefer to see him go on loan. Glad to be proven wrong though.

22 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Just a gut  feeling on Iborra from watching previous matches with Sevilla as well.

Obviously a decent player but so was Inler. Like Inler am not sure he is cut out for

the hurly burly and speed of the premier league..... we will see and I hope I'm wrong.

I've got to agree. Saw a few Sevilla games last season and he looked tidy but ordinary. Very similar to Inler, who was Swiss captain before he came here. I don't think hes an up grade to DD or James.

4 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Didn't see any of the game but saw we lined up 4-4-2

did we change formation at any point and how did we look if we had

Went 4-5-1 at half time with king behind vards 

the boys will be fitter for this trip but the fact is that they would have been better off playing games and training in europe

I wonder if premier league clubs all have to take a turn in this competition over a period of time. must be stoke's turn in two years !

It was great to see James again getting fitter

Maguires gonna be fine

Mahrez looked like the guy fron 2015/2016 Season for the first half

After that showing I hope we can work it out with him ( I doubt it though )

Vardy should have taken at least one of his chances

But as someone pointed out to me earlier........... It was a friendly so we haven't lost anything yet.   :sweating:

9 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

The first fifteen we looked quite bright.  After that every single one of our players looked like utter shit.

Would read anything into this game at all.

I thought Maguire looked pretty good for the whole game. But other than that you're right, we weren't very good at all after the first 15 mins

I'm of the brigade that don't read too much into friendlies, but one thing that did catch my eye today was that Lawrence looked really hungry and tracked back very well. Looks like a player who wants to be here I thought.

Why did he bring King on instead of the totally unused Harvey Barnes!

We all know what we are going to get from King.

Barnes might as well have stayed at home and got some minutes with the kids, rather than fly to Hong Kong to get splinters in his arse!

5 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Haven't Liverpool player 2 more games? All things considered I believe the first half team showed some real quality and we look on course! Maguire & James looked good and front 4 looked threatening.

They had 2 before Hong Kong

41 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Of course it's too early, but we can only comment on what we've seen so far. I'm sure we all know it can take time and preseason is pointless in terms of making judgements.

Just concerned he looks exactly like I thought he would going off what I saw

previously and his physique... Slow.

I can see where he fits, tightening games up, defending leads etc. But I struggle to imagine him starting in a 4.

I made that comment cus I saw Inler's name pop up lol

I cant see him in a midfield 2 either. But I think he probably will be someone to bring off the bench instead of King hopefully.

4 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Why did he bring King on instead of the totally unused Harvey Barnes!

We all know what we are going to get from King.

Barnes might as well have stayed at home and got some minutes with the kids, rather than fly to Hong Kong to get splinters in his arse!

Why he preserves with King is beyond me?... Such a shame Barnes wasn't given a chance... 

Illogical to me too. 

Guest seanfox778
6 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:

Time??? On here? Mindy was written off after under an hour. 

Written off so fast that most of us have never heard of him.

49 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'd like to see him through the middle playing like Vardy off the shoulder. Pace is there. He can finish but he's just not a wide player as his passing crossing and tracking back are all poor.

Archived