Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Argarath

Liverpool (PL Asia Trophy - Final) match thread Sat 22nd July

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Well, I won't bother with NowTV again. Radio commentary with added photographs.  When are Sky going to interview one of ours?

I added the day pass just to see the game- really enjoyed the first half and proud of our club for matching the mighty pool. 

Well happy as switched over to watch the open- has to go back to the BBC though

21 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

Dynamism as much as creativity. Any team can create chances if they see enough of the ball. We need an energetic, athletic, strong sort of player in midfield instead of King if we want to continue with our high energy dependant system, just someone who can create counter attacks as well as skipping past a player or two.

That player is called Wilfred Ndidi...

17 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

Absolute genius , bloke has played less than a full game and he's an  Inler you really couldn't make it up. A good career with Sevilla but never mind let's dump him lol

Just a gut  feeling on Iborra from watching previous matches with Sevilla as well.

Obviously a decent player but so was Inler. Like Inler am not sure he is cut out for

the hurly burly and speed of the premier league..... we will see and I hope I'm wrong.

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

That's your opinion. Drinkwater is actually the player that fans are hating on imo. He was better than Ndidi and King today in my opinion, but there wasn't much between any of them.   

Think hating is far too strong and wrong. No one should hate a player in a Foxes shirt. Frustration is the emotion of many I think. Certainly me. He has become overly negative with his passing and doesn't appear to be really working as hard as he used to a couple of seasons back. Just my thoughts. 

We started very well both halves. I thought Mahrez was exceptional the opening 20-30 mins. James looked sharp and Slimani was efficient and ruthless. Maguire looks so assured on the ball and is a superb signing. 

I I have no idea why King was given any minutes today, he could have done a spot of stop start running with one of the coaches and let Barnes have a go. Tom Lawrence did show some signs of brilliance and I hope we give him a good go, he's definitely an option on either wing or through the middle. That said we've still Gray and Chilwell to come back in so there really is so many players available.

I honestly think it's time to bin King. This might not be the thread to be saying this but we need to lose 2 central midfielders and an attacker. James looks more dynamic than King who has lost any attacking ability he once had. 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We learnt that

playing possession football in the tropics will win you the game

Lpool have a deeper squad than we do re quality 

another centre half (+ KI) and I'm reasonably happy although riyad is our basic creativity at the moment the way we are set up 

He's pretty much our only spark that is unpredictable. I hope and pray we get one more season out of him. We've so many similar players who don't offer any creativity and we must start to change that.

i thoroughly enjoyed that first half. Football is back.

It's only a friendly and Shakey did experiment. Rightly so.

We're in dire need of a good FB and CAM ((yes, thanks captain obvious).

DD is going to struggle for a CM place this season.

Iborra needs a bit time to settle and to stop with the long balls..

McGuire is quality.

Musa is not a PL player.

Mahrez to stay and a joy to watch no matter what some here might think. He was at the start of the action that lead to the goal.

Anyone still thinking that Ulloa is better than Slim should get their head checked or simply stop following football.

Archived