Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

The ones who got away

23 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Curtis Davies - didnt he sign & then have a last minute change of heart? Would of been a great signing at the time for us.

I used to work behind the bar at the players lounge at Wembley. After the League Cup final between Birmingham and Arsenal all the pundits and the Birmingham players who were cup tied came up for their free bottles of Carling. One of those was Curtis Davies who I refused to serve until he apologised for not signing for Leicester the same season which made David Bentley spit take. 

2 hours ago, cc_star said:

Jesper Blomqvist - We were seriously in for him, unfortunately so were AC Milan

Keane is an obvious one, but this was confused by Fergie's policy of not loaning a player to the same club twice... the mgmt changes of both Utd & us... We should've signed him when crowned Champions... bloody Ranieri's crappy transfers

Wasn't Blomqvist coming from Milan? I seem to remember getting all excited when i heard that MON had shown him round the club, only for him to sign for Man U instead. My memory is hazy at the best of times, mind.

34 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

It's easy to say in hindsight, some of these players like Lingard, Keane & Kane were absolute dogshit for us. Nobody could defend their performances for us, they looked out of their depth.

Keane was naive but definitely showed some promise. 

Pretty sure we were linked with Gylfi when he was in his 16 or 17.

Didn't we try to sign Gareth Bale on loan when we were promoted back to the Championship?

John Toshack almost signed for us in the 1970s and Allan Hunter of Ipswich. Rumours that we were also interested in goalscorers Beer (Exeter - but we signed Lammie Robertson instead) and Pettigrew from Motherwell.

Archived