Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burton Away - 1st August

This is what England do - play crap teams with crap personnel with no plan philosophy in place - then expect to turn up in the big games and things will magically fall into place.

We should be building momentum to go into the new season with. Pissing about with Ulloa up front on his side own has absolutely no benefit.

12 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Shakespeare needs to ****ing tear them to pieces now. I don't care if it's pre season. That's not good enough. 

My worry since the day he got the gig is that he doesn't have it in him. No evidence for this, just my gut feeling. I hope I'm wrong, genuinely.

Just now, Kitchandro said:

The point is we were in the bottom 3 in February and the manager got sacked.

And all the other times when we've been shit and done well, or done well and then been shit suddenly don't count?

It's the same discussion almost every season, year in and year out.

If we struggle, we struggle... but what happens in pre season is rarely an indicator of anything.

1 minute ago, Kitchandro said:

But 4-3-3 is just 4-5-1 in possession. Since we're a low possession side playing 4-3-3/4-5-1 is not going to be conducive to the quick turnover in momentum we need.

I agree mate, just saying this formation is used by most teams around the world, it's certainly lots more popular than 442, doesn't have to be negative if the two wide men support a mobile strong striker and one of the 3 midfielders joins the attack, but it's not quite working Like that.

As I speak it's so apparent that without Mahrez we will be totally clueless, he's our only top quality player.

Archived