Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Is Shakespeare the right man for the job?

Just now, DelBoy73 said:

Well, i'm 43y old and been playing soccer till my late college years, i think i have enough knowledge to not look like speaking out of my arse when i give an input.

If you think that our two-men midfield stands a better chance at being impermeable than a diamond of five men, then you are a lost cause.

Let's break it at that then, okay?

Just now, Jimmy said:

ah yes you mean the five initial games, how many has he won since the new manager bounce wore off?

game after game people on here moan about the same failings and he does nothing to correct that

Should have had a point at Arsenal (or even won it ) and put up a good performance against possibly the best team in the league ...    Would things be different if that had happened ??    Too much pressure today and it showed ...

5 minutes ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

5 games gone it would be nonsense if we got rid so soon give the man a chance I believe in Shakey and he will turn it around. 

im with you there, i can understand if we've been crap in every single game and if we havent be creating chances but we've been performing reasonably well imo,

think atm some are making a mountain out of a mole hill,

6 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Maybe cus of how he changed things round after the Don left ...   All the experience he has gained under 2 good managers...   The fact England rated him ....   And the fact he still hasn't got all his players available ...

I'm not sure that's going to make a difference. For some reason City seem to make a habit of not playing players the fans want them to, putting too much faith and friendship into the likes of King and Ulloa and generally keeping any new signings out of the starting line up for an age, literally years in some cases. 

Edited by SecretPro

It always makes me laugh when I see these sorts of threads so early in a season. Give him 10 games at least. If you want to move on from Shakey (he still has my backing a the moment) who do you realistically want to replace him and why and what would they bring? Quite a few are suggesting to move on from him, but no realistic suggestions on replacement. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

I'm not sure that's going to make a difference. For some reason City seem to make a habit of not playing players the fans what then too, putting too much faith and friendship into the likes of King and Ulloa and generally keeping any new signings out of the starting line up for an age, literally years in some cases. 

Maybe ...   We'll have to wait and see.  But the fact is they are either not fit or unavailable so until they are we just don't know ...

• Like 1

What I would find interesting is if someone came in, completely independent, no agenda, no emotional attachment to the players, what starting 11 they would pick? I think in some ways it could look very different and I find the prospect of that a little exciting, if nothing else. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Not here for a popularity contest. I like the team, support it and give my opinion. Couldn't care less about what you or others might think of me. Even more so on Internet and with someone who just puts personal insults at every post.

Yeah ndidi, Amartey and Mahrez. Bang on the money.

Now if you don't mind, I think that this conversation is over and wish you a good evening.

2 insults due to you're patronising attitude, however you're right, it shouldn't get personal and I apologise, I will leave it at we don't agree but I respect all opinions on here. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sir Shep said:

2 insults due to you're patronising attitude, however you're right, it shouldn't get personal and I apologise, I will leave it at we don't agree but I respect all opinions on here. 

Mate, let's call it a day. I wasn't particulary friendly today. Apologies from me as well.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

5 games gone it would be nonsense if we got rid so soon give the man a chance I believe in Shakey and he will turn it around. 

It's not 5 games though, is it? We were playing the same dross at the end of last season. 

Take away the 'new manager bounce' and what you have is relegation form. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Mate, let's call it a day. I wasn't particulary friendly today. Apologies from me as well.

3 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

❤️

It's been quite beautiful to read this argument descend into name calling and then come out the other side into what could be a loving and possibly sexual relationship. Congratulations guys. 

9 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

What I would find interesting is if someone came in, completely independent, no agenda, no emotional attachment to the players, what starting 11 they would pick? I think in some ways it could look very different and I find the prospect of that a little exciting, if nothing else. 

Yes, exactly. 

Differently I suspect.

Watching Shakey on the touchline it strikes me the players are not listening to him; something he stated himself last season.

He was trying to stoke them up in the first half to no avail

Thats not conducive to winning football matches pr keeping your job.

1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

It's been quite beautiful to read this argument descend into name calling and then come out the other side into what could be a loving and possibly sexual relationship. Congratulations guys. 

Aw cheers, but I shouldn't have decended into childish name calling, I blame Shakey for this, if we had played well I wouldn't be so pissed off! 

• Haha 1

The basic answer is no.

It was no at the end of last season.

People need to think of this as a business and forget the sentimental approach.

I want us to aspire to be the best we can. That best we can doesn’t include a person who’s no experience at Managing a club.