Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Drinkwater

1 minute ago, 49er said:

If he and Mahrez were to leave it would show what they think of Shakey and Appleton. If we have a poor start and are struggling by the next transfer window, the likes of Vardy, Ndidi and Schmeichel will probably go. We would then be left with the King, Iborra, James and Ulloa, planning for our trips next season to Derby and Forest!

If they were both to leave, and I serious;y doubt they both will, it would say fcuk all about Shakespeare and Appleton.  Chelsea are a much more attractive proposition than Leicester and the current management team is not going to have anything to do with it.

Made it onto skybet not surprisingly

clearly there are some shenanigans going on either from Chelsea or from drinkys agent. Maybe there is talk in the camp that Riyad could get an improvement on his deal to stay and the others are covering their corners. If so expect vardy to Everton to resurface !  

6 minutes ago, 49er said:

If he and Mahrez were to leave it would show what they think of Shakey and Appleton. 

I'll admit to not being 100% sure about Shakey and Apples but I don't think it's down to the player's views on them. In that respect it's nothing to do with them. Riyad has wanted out for a while and tbf to Drinky a move to Chelsea must be extremely tempting. Assuming it's not absolute horseshit obviously.

1 minute ago, chicagofox said:

If they were both to leave, and I serious;y doubt they both will, it would say fcuk all about Shakespeare and Appleton.  Chelsea are a much more attractive proposition than Leicester and the current management team is not going to have anything to do with it.

There is a desperation already to pin anything and everything on CS, laughable.

I have so many thoughts about this...

Was last season down to his injury/ and or the team playing shit in the league in general? will he ever replicate his previous form, or has he lost it?

what fee would he be worth? the old drinkwater in the title winning season would be priceless to us, but did kante make him that much better, letting him focus on the paul scholes esque passing?

30m and hes theirs IMO

Guest ttfn

Most obvious position in the first XI for us to look to upgrade if we can get Iheanacho in.

We'd be mad not to entertain anything over £20m. Definitely far better, more consistent players around Europe that we could attract and he's going to have a hard time keeping his spot in the first XI if Shakespeare's offering anything resembling a meritocracy.

10 minutes ago, chicagofox said:

Two people/sources can both be wrong about the same thing.

Absolutely. Also, SSN is a 24hr sports channel reporting on pretty much **** all right now as for all the bluster, not many players are actually moving clubs. They wouldn't think twice about capitalising on Twitter bollocks and repackaging it as 'news' if it gives them an excuse to report on some 'Breaking News'.  Where do people think SSN get their into from?

Guest ttfn

All this talk of "I would take £30m or £35m for him".

Even in today's market we'd do well to get £20m for Drinkwater. A player with one good season in the top flight, and at that a season in which he, more than any other player, is hard to judge given the fact he had Kante next to him.

Hes not going to sell shirts, he's still going to command a fair whack in wages, he's not especially young, wouldn't command a first team spot at a side with Champions League aspirations and he would represent a gamble even as a squad player for lots of those teams.

Contrast him with Mahrez who is a one-in-a-million game changer, albeit equally inconsistent. We're struggling to get anybody to pay £30-£35m for him.

True or not, there's something fishy going on at the mo. Place feels pretty unstable. We need to get Ihenacho and another class player in asap to turn the tide. We could field a whole midfield of disenchanted players right now. 

3 minutes ago, ttfn said:

All this talk of "I would take £30m or £35m for him".

Even in today's market we'd do well to get £20m for Drinkwater. A player with one good season in the top flight, and at that a season in which he, more than any other player, is hard to judge given the fact he had Kante next to him.

Hes not going to sell shirts, he's still going to command a fair whack in wages, he's not especially young, wouldn't command a first team spot at a side with Champions League aspirations and he would represent a gamble even as a squad player for lots of those teams.

Contrast him with Mahrez who is a one-in-a-million game changer, albeit equally inconsistent. We're struggling to get anybody to pay £30-£35m for him.

I think the home grown factor helps with Drinkwater as he fills that quota but I'd be amazed if Chelsea would be interested at anything above £20 mil (to be honest I'd be amazed if they were interested at all).

31 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Drinkwater is literally our heartbeat, it would be a massive loss if he goes and would be pretty much irreplaceable. It's all well and good having money but convincing the players to come here is harder than most people think.

Just because he was injured for most of last season people on here think he should be sold.  He was only on the pitch as we didn't have adequate replacements. 

Drinkwater pretty much irreplaceable lollollol 

Archived