Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Drinkwater

32 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

I've been harsh on him recently but it's because I've seen how good he can be and I really like him as a player. We need to keep him and I hope he gets his confidence back and he goes to the World Cup on the back of a great season for us. 

He had the season of his life, winning a premier league medal... and still couldn't displace an injured Jack Wilshere or out of form Jordan Henderson from the Euro's squad. Really was a shameful decision by Woy that year and a confirmation of the big club bias that still exists.

If we got £30 million I'd not be that devastated, he's an important player but he's very erratic. He goes long periods, sometimes a season of playing poorly. A replacement would have to be someone far more creative, Adrien Silva being the obvious suggestion or Brozovic from Inter. He won't be going though, Chelsea will get someone more high profile.

I find it interesting that Chelsea have been linked with him. I am a massive Drinky fan, though he didn't have a great season last time out, I still think he's a solid midfielder. However, a team like Chelsea can attract a higher profile players than Drinky, and I do think that he'll probably get lost in a team like Chelsea. A few bad games and he'll drop down the pecking order and become a forgotten man. Stay at Leicester, and he'll be forgiven for having a few bad games and always be in the 1st team. I can't see him dislodging their current midfield. 

I wonder if Kante has said anything, or they see it as a way/cheap way to increase their English quota?

I wish some of our deadwood would be linked with other teams.

Shifting Ulloa, Amartey and Musa would be a start. Would probably look at moving on Kingy and getting in more of an attacking midfielders now James and Iborra are in.

Possibly Mendy instead if he wants out.

25 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I wish some of our deadwood would be linked with other teams.

Shifting Ulloa, Amartey and Musa would be a start. Would probably look at moving on Kingy and getting in more of an attacking midfielders now James and Iborra are in.

Possibly Mendy instead if he wants out.

All of those need to go, problem is no one will go near their wages, or come close to offering what we payed for them.

If Drinkwater plays well, Leicester play well. He's similar to Scholes in that he has the ability to control the tempo of a game. Selling him, for any price, would be a massive mistake. 

Yeah he was off the boil last season for a period but he was playing with an injury for large parts. He a very important part of the team. If Swansea can value Sigurdsson at £50 million based on his dead ball techniques then Drinkwater is easily worth that, if not more

5 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

All of those need to go, problem is no one will go near their wages, or come close to offering what we payed for them.

Haha that's a good point, I forget the obscene amount of money we're paying to very average-good players.

2 hours ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

This rumour has about as much credence as if we were in for Messi

Being reported now in most of the major press, including Sky sports news. There may well be some credence in this. Bakayoko will probably miss the start of the season and Chalobah + Loftus Cheek are gone as well as Matic. Brings up their home grown quota and knows how to play alongside Kante. If it did happen he would probably start until Bakayoko is ready then become a squad player though.

Is it wrong of me to not give a hoot whether Drinky leaves or not. Having Matty James back feels like a new signing anyway and in my view Drinky is 4th choice behind James, Ndidi and Iborra (based on pre season). In fact I think it would be a blessing if we did lose a midfielder to then hopefully push through us going for someone with more creativity.

Don't get me wrong I like Drinky and would be sad to see him go, but talk of him going Chelsea and I just think 'Meh'.

In fact yesterday was interesting, the radio said that a £31.3M deal for Mahrez was accepted, Gray has asked to leave and the drinky rumour to Chelsea, I heard all this in the space of 30 mins and none of these bits of info made me think ' Oh no, we're f*****'.

Gray for me just doesn't do it enough to be worried about him leaving, a Raw talent who I want to keep but if he kicks up stink and wants to leave I would pack his bag for him, he has done nothing to warrant demanding to leave (and prob sit on the bench at Everton, Spurs or Dortmund anyway). If Mahrez goes he has a free ticket into our first 11.

Drinky I believe would be a sacrifice to force the issue of getting a creative midfielder in, Mahrez would be the big loss but if we brought in a creative midfielder then I couldn't care less if he stays or goes.

Am I not taking this as serious as I should be? I suppose if we did lose players then it would be the replacements that would decide on if we should be worried or not

Something's not right - we're not good enough to lose Mahrez, Drinky and Gray and it not to have an impact. 

We are are playing Arsenal in a little over a weeks time and are in a bit of a mess. 

Sky have only put this up as a headline because they know he's not going anywhere but muppets will instantly open up Skybet thinking 'I fancy that'.

Honestly this transfer window has been the most blatant abuse of their Sky Sports News platform and 'Sky Sources' encouraging people to put a bet on.

9 minutes ago, Dames said:

Sky have only put this up as a headline because they know he's not going anywhere but muppets will instantly open up Skybet thinking 'I fancy that'.

Honestly this transfer window has been the most blatant abuse of their Sky Sports News platform and 'Sky Sources' encouraging people to put a bet on.

Welcome to the real world !!  Seedy innit!

I think our first 6 games will prove how important Drinkwater is to us.

Arsenal, United, Chelsea & Liverpool will have most of the possession, meaning Drinkwater's passing range will be a weapon on the counter.

Brighton and Huddersfield will be full of confidence early doors and get at us. Drinkwater's aggessiveness in central areas will allow us to win the ball back and set up counters.

6 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

I've been harsh on him recently but it's because I've seen how good he can be and I really like him as a player. We need to keep him and I hope he gets his confidence back and he goes to the World Cup on the back of a great season for us. 

I'd like to think the same can be said for a lot of us, Drinky is quality when he's on song and I think genuinely loves the club. I would be gutted to see him go.

Archived