Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Drinkwater

All these people calling for him to be dropped for other players or new ones and all of a sudden they are worried for rumours linking him to Chelsea. I'm pretty sure its agent talk for another pay rise. The football world is a business and Danny's agent obviously spent up so let's try and get Danny a pay rise so he can buy a new car. Pinch of salt, expect him and Ndidi starting at the Arse! 

8 minutes ago, the fox said:

Honestly, I don't think he can do bad with Chelsea, he would be a great choice when you need another body in midfield. They don't really need much creativity and he is a jack of all trades, would make a good 4 choice midfielder. 

When we needed a body in midfield last season he was fecking useless 

honestly if Chelsea want him 30m and send him down on the helicopter 

2 minutes ago, bizlcfc said:

All these people calling for him to be dropped for other players or new ones and all of a sudden they are worried for rumours linking him to Chelsea. I'm pretty sure its agent talk for another pay rise. The football world is a business and Danny's agent obviously spent up so let's try and get Danny a pay rise so he can buy a new car. Pinch of salt, expect him and Ndidi starting at the Arse! 

This 

6 minutes ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

I didn't think LCFC were a selling club.,but if you look at who wants to leave and may leave its not good as we can't seem to get players to come to the club, mahrez. Gray, Ulloa or slim, now Drinkwater could leave, I'm a little worried to say the least 

We'll always be a selling club.

In fact outside of the top 4, you could argue we're all selling clubs.

We'll never compete with the big boys so it's inevitable they'll come sniffing around and steal our top talent.

It's just the way it is.

Just now, ARM1968 said:

Hardly fair though. Means no one outside the top 4 will ever likely win the title.......er.......oh. 

I'll bet you £50 no one outside of the top 4 will win the title in the next 10-15 years.

What we did was a one off. A once in a generation 5000/1 miracle. I doubt I'll ever see anything like it again in my lifetime.

Normal service is resumed. Be prepared to be bored shitless with the usual suspects sharing the PL between them for the next decade or so...

Said it before and I will say it again, okazaki is playing because there is no box to box mid, there is no box to box mid because drinky doesn't push forward, that's pretty much two positions that can offer creativity and end-product just missing.

Get a box to box mid and the team can no more need shinji, easy as.

2 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I'll bet you £50 no one outside of the top 4 will win the title in the next 10-15 years.

What we did was a one off. A once in a generation 5000/1 miracle. I doubt I'll ever see anything like it again in my lifetime.

Normal service is resumed. Be prepared to be bored shitless with the usual suspects sharing the PL between them for the next decade or so...

Yeah - but it was fun though. 

10 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

When we needed a body in midfield last season he was fecking useless 

honestly if Chelsea want him 30m and send him down on the helicopter 

I'm a fan of Drinkwater, I thought he was immense when we won the title and up to November last season but he's been poor since then.

If we get a £30m offer we'd be mad not to take it as I doubt his stock will rise any higher than that.

It probably wouldn't be a bad thing to start shifting some of the title winning players and get in players who haven't reached the pinnacle of their careers. People keep wanting more creativity in our team, perhaps replacing Drinkwater with someone like Silva might be a start. I really don't think we'd miss Drinkwater that much with Iborra and James ready to compete for his place. It's not like a Mahrez or Vardy leaving.

13 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

We'll always be a selling club.

In fact outside of the top 4, you could argue we're all selling clubs.

We'll never compete with the big boys so it's inevitable they'll come sniffing around and steal our top talent.

It's just the way it is.

Eh, there are clubs that actively look to sell, and there are clubs that will sell if a player is being a whiny little snot like Mahrez. Bit of difference there. 

1 hour ago, Worthington said:

Love him or hate him, DD is one of the most influential midfield players this club has had in many, many years!

Those who are dismissing him as 'crap' must have bloody short memories!

In the last decade we've had midfield set ups based around:

Steven Clemence, Stephen Hughes, Matt Oakley and Richie Wellens.....Just think about that !

Sell him to whoever for whatever and replace him with ??????????????

Gylfi, please...

16 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

So the top 4 consists of... ? Are you saying that two of Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal are not going to win the title during the next 10-15 years? I'll take up that bet

4 minutes ago, shen said:

Gylfi, please...

So the top 4 consists of... ? Are you saying that two of Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal are not going to win the title during the next 10-15 years? I'll take up that bet

Liverpool & Spurs won't win it.

13 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

He's not good enough to go to Chelsea.  Seriously, how is this even being discussed?

He's not good enough for our starting 11, let alone Chelsea.

2 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Sad but true...

Tha BLACK ALBUM still has its place y'know...

??

2 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Can't for the life of me see how he'd be a starter at Chelsea at least not on current form so don't believe this rumour at all. Personally I think we have a problem because Shakey seems obliged to play him regardless of form.

Shakey, arguably has the same problem with many players when they don't perform.... but the bench simply has not been strong my enough to replace with conviction.

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

Shakey, arguably has the same problem with many players when they don't perform.... but the bench simply has not been strong my enough to replace with conviction.

We seem to have a real problem attracting talent. Club seems to have an image problem, perhaps related to a perception of our style of play.

6 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

We seem to have a real problem attracting talent. Club seems to have an image problem, perhaps related to a perception of our style of play.

More likely we are in Leicester?

I've been harsh on him recently but it's because I've seen how good he can be and I really like him as a player. We need to keep him and I hope he gets his confidence back and he goes to the World Cup on the back of a great season for us. 

Archived