Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Drinkwater

5 hours ago, filbertway said:

I did think, it's pretty shoddy that we have 3 threads of players being linked away and the only 1 we have of a decent link incoming is trying to get himself imprisoned in America.

It is a scenario known as Rudderphoebia.

11 hours ago, Jimbo said:

If Drinkwater plays well, Leicester play well. He's similar to Scholes in that he has the ability to control the tempo of a game. Selling him, for any price, would be a massive mistake. 

Yeah he was off the boil last season for a period but he was playing with an injury for large parts. He a very important part of the team. If Swansea can value Sigurdsson at £50 million based on his dead ball techniques then Drinkwater is easily worth that, if not more

He is a good player but to put him in the same bracket as Scholes ???.

Even when Rooney was in his pomp he said that Scholes was the best player he'd ever played with.

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Am I alone in wondering whether Iborra was bought with the knowledge that Chelsea may come in for drinky if they sold matic ??

otherwise we seem overloaded central midfield 

We are not overloaded with creative midfielders though, we don`t have any of them!

2 hours ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Even when Rooney was in his pomp he said that Scholes was the best player he'd ever played with.

Agreed, even at his absolute best Drink is not half the player Scholes was. Harsh but true.

2 hours ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

He's no where near Scholes, who for me is the best English midfielder in my life time. What I meant was he has the ability to control the tempo of our game. It's no coincidence that when he plays well the whole team plays well

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Am I alone in wondering whether Iborra was bought with the knowledge that Chelsea may come in for drinky if they sold matic ??

otherwise we seem overloaded central midfield 

I don't know. There was a great deal of feeling after Saturday that Drinkwater might not necessarily have earned his starting place. If words have been exchanged, as they're likely to have been, then I wouldn't be surprised if his agent has been busy looking at ways to remind the club of just how much they need to look after him.

If Sigurdsson, albeit who is more of an attacking midfielder, is worth £50 million - Drinkwater should be valued at around this rate as well.

Obviously wouldn't be worse than losing Kante, but selling Drinkwater would be quite controversial given his hard-working impact and midfield management he has executed.

14 hours ago, Ashley said:

In terms of stats, Sky compared Drinkwater to Matic. Matic won on passes by around a few hundred and interceptions by about 10. Every other aera Drinkwater won. 

They also did it on totals, not 90 min averages, therefore totally rendering it useless.

Archived