Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Drinkwater

Chelsea signed Bakayoko;

Bakayoko In the Champions League

recovered the ball 95 times, the third-best total in the competition behind Atletico's Gabi and Leicester's Danny Drinkwater.

Drinkwater isn't a bad player he's just in a spell of bad form, we need him.

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

Watch him become an England regular playing in Chelsea reserves....

He's been wanted in every squad since the Euros but hasn't taken part because of injury - Southgate has confirmed this.

I imagine he would be on 10 caps or so if it wasn't for that injury.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, he was out of form last season because he was carrying an injury from about October. 

If he goes, we're going to have to throw caution to the wind.

Hopefully Iheanacho is on his way, but we'll have to make some ridiculous moves to strengthen. 

Tell Chelsea we want Fabregas in return or go all out for Oxlade-Chamberlain.

This could start a mass exodus with Vardy and Kasper maybe wanting to go.

The Mail are reporting it now:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4747942/Chelsea-set-sights-Leicester-City-s-Danny-Drinkwater.html

Chelsea are interested in Leicester City midfielder Danny Drinkwater.

Manager Antonio Conte wants to bolster his options following the sale of Nemanja Matic to Manchester United and has drawn up a list of targets.

England international Drinkwater is on that list as well as names such as Renato Sanches at Bayern Munich, Alex Oxlade Chamberlain at Arsenal and Everton's Ross Barkley.

The 27-year old Drinkwater, who would also boost Chelsea's homegrown contingent, signed a four year contract at Leicester and is key to Craig Shakespeare's plans. 

Though he would be interested in a move to Chelsea he is conscious he could end up with a peripheral role as Conte aims to pair Tiemoue Bakayoko with N'Golo Kante as his midfield engine room of choice.

New recruit Bakayoko though is doubtful for the start of the season following minor knee surgery. 

25 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Watch him become an England regular playing in Chelsea reserves....

He’d be an England regular now if he stopped saying no to call ups lol

57 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

When I say irreplaceable I mean that we couldn't convince anyone as good as him to join us.

THIS. This is the problem.

We sell Drinky for £25-£30m and the money either sits in the bank or gets wasted on a player who for various reasons 'just doesn't work out'

Selling Drinkwater would be a really fvcking dumb move. And then some given the impact it could have on other key players.

Good luck to DD if he wants to further his career and earn more money. I don't begrudge him.

Some folk need to remember we're only Leicester City and we'll always be a feeder club for the big boys.

Nothing lasts forever, we had our day in the sun and it's back to the hard reality of life I'm afraid. 

We know what we are

We know what we aaaaarrrrre

A small East Midlands yo yo club

We know what we are 

:D

3 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Good luck to DD if he wants to further his career and earn more money. I don't begrudge him.

Some folk need to remember we're only Leicester City and we'll always be a feeder club for the big boys.

Nothing lasts forever, we had our day in the sun and it's back to the hard reality of life I'm afraid. 

We know what we are

We know what we aaaaarrrrre

A small East Midlands yo yo club

We know what we are 

:D

Jesus Izzy you will be hung buddy

lol 

Honestly, I don't think he can do bad with Chelsea, he would be a great choice when you need another body in midfield. They don't really need much creativity and he is a jack of all trades, would make a good 4 choice midfielder. 

13 minutes ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

THIS. This is the problem.

We sell Drinky for £25-£30m and the money either sits in the bank or gets wasted on a player who for various reasons 'just doesn't work out'

Selling Drinkwater would be a really fvcking dumb move. And then some given the impact it could have on other key players.

I didn't think LCFC were a selling club.,but if you look at who wants to leave and may leave its not good as we can't seem to get players to come to the club, mahrez. Gray, Ulloa or slim, now Drinkwater could leave, I'm a little worried to say the least 

Like King, has been generally under-rated. As with others, when he plays well, the rest of the team follows - but unfortunately he hadn't had the best of seasons last time out, he looked either frustrated or fatigued a majority of the time.

Just feel he's too inconsistent to be playing for Chelsea - however, saying that, he did well with his partnership with Kante; so that could rekindle his confidence levels.

Archived