Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Harvey Barnes- Barnsley (loan)

2 hours ago, chicagofox said:

Well that is what the whole argument for the Matty James supporters is based on.  

Laughable claim. The argument for James is that the season they played together in the prem James was better than drinkwater. Maybe drinkwater has left him behind and James can't get to that level after all his setbacks, but he's been a good player for us before. Definitely can't pass a sensible judgment after two of the hardest away games any team will have this season (which we never do well in). Yes he got overrun by pogba and matic, but so will a lot of unarguably top players as well.

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Should be in our first team squad this season... 

Could of flourished, and been a better option in midfield than what we have right now as backup! 

Spot on.  He should be here.   Another Fuch up by someone at the Club.    Still Championship experience may help us if we do not sort our own issues out.

• Like 1

What position is he playing, creative midfield, winger or both? If he's creative midfield it's madness we loaned him out knowing we're lacking there. If he's a winger then fair enough since Musa and Gray are already clamouring for game time.

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

What position is he playing, creative midfield, winger or both? If he's creative midfield it's madness we loaned him out knowing we're lacking there. If he's a winger then fair enough since Musa and Gray are already clamouring for game time.

his natural position is 10 (creative midfeiled) but not sure what role he is playing at Barnsley

May I suggest that in future all loan-outs are finalised only after the in-comings and injury situations have been accessed, sorted out and completed.   Both Chelsea ans ourselves were forced in to dead-line day roulette through what looks like a combination of lack of forward thinking and incompetence.

3 hours ago, les-tah said:

literally based on what though? you honestly think he was pulling up trees all pre season and we thought he was ready .. but then we loaned him out?

Smarter and better football coaches that have seen him in training all pre season surely have better judgment than us?  

That was the most bizarre thing about pre season, Shakey gave him zero game time, even after taking him all the way to Hong Kong. He then loaned him out as soon as he could.

7 minutes ago, sm1 said:

That was the most bizarre thing about pre season, Shakey gave him zero game time, even after taking him all the way to Hong Kong. He then loaned him out as soon as he could.

Than that must tell us all he's not anywhere near ready for premier league football.

Glad he's getting games under his belt and doing well. One for next season hopefully.

• Like 1

The game time HB gets in the championship will be invaluable experience. After MK franchise in league one he has made a step to the level above and will,hopefully,be ready to advance further as part of our squad next season.

He will be carefully managed and monitored. Whilst it's great to see "one of our own " play with the first team he needs to be ready and able to compete at the top level. As we have seen with Chilwell and Gray that can take time.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Is there a call-back option on the loan, or is Barnes there for the whole season?

I imagine it's the whole season and more to do with Leuven being owned by our owners than thoughts about our midfield needs. I sense they want to build a title winning Belgian team;

edit:excuse my senior moment - I was thinking of Moore instead of Barnes.

Edited by Guest
foolishness

1 hour ago, FIF said:

I imagine it's the whole season and more to do with Leuven being owned by our owners than thoughts about our midfield needs. I sense they want to build a title winning Belgian team;

edit:excuse my senior moment - I was thinking of Moore instead of Barnes.

Completely different people.... 

sir-patrick-moore.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, davieG said:

Going on loan to a Championship team rather than our U23s suggests to me that the club recognise his ability and level and is a compliment to him.

Absolutely, personally we're progressing him the best way we can. Giving him game time and letting him prove what he can do at each level.

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

Absolutely, personally we're progressing him the best way we can. Giving him game time and letting him prove what he can do at each level.

He'd definitely not progress at the rate he has done stuck in our U23's however frustrating it is that we've not kept him in and around our first team squad this season. I was annoyed at the time but it's the best place for him right now. 

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He'd definitely not progress at the rate he has done stuck in our U23's however frustrating it is that we've not kept him in and around our first team squad this season. I was annoyed at the time but it's the best place for him right now. 

Annoyed? You? I don't believe it. 

• Haha 1