Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Harvey Barnes- Barnsley (loan)

4 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Still unsure why we didn't try and get him into the first team this season

He's better off playing at Barnsley than sitting on our bench every week. If Gray can barely get a game, Barnes won't at all.

• Like 3

Just now, Koke said:

He's better off playing at Barnsley than sitting on our bench every week. If Gray can barely get a game, Barnes won't at all.

True I suppose, hindsights a wonderful thing, but with our current centre mid situation he could have challenged James for the spot next to Ndidi. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Still unsure why we didn't try and get him into the first team this season

Just now, Koke said:

Sadly this is the reality. Hopefully he has a blinding season and we learn to have a bit more faith in our best youngsters.

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

Barnes is ahead of Gray as a footballer if you ask me.

Certainly Barnes' mentality is better. As to the ability we'll have to see next preseason.. Gray would still rip up the Championship now, though.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Barnes is ahead of Gray as a footballer if you ask me.

How so? If Gray went on loan to League One and Championship he'd score & assist bucket loads as well.

I reckon he's too good for Barnsley, it seems a bit daft as it's only been one game but I reckon he should be in and around our first team.

He's like a chameleon because he just adapts to his surroundings, no matter the level.

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sadly this is the reality. Hopefully he has a blinding season and we learn to have a bit more faith in our best youngsters.

Let the lad develop, the Championship is another step up from last season..

Not many teenagers are effective in the PL. 

• Like 1

Although I'd love to see him play for us now, if he develops as a creative winger as his current rate he may be ideal to take over from Mahrez when he leaves. I'd prefer him as a creative midfielder though. Although brucy is right: Gray's be ripping up the championship now if he were there now.

Edited by Foxxed

5 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Ah yes, the 8 goals in 72 games he scored at Championship level. A fearsome record.

To be fair look at what Gray has done to Derby and Sheff Utd, the last two championship clubs he's faced. 2 goals and 2 assists. NEXT

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Player does well at Barnsley... it's only Barnsley.

Player does well at Barnsley... OMG he should be starting for us.

Reminds me of the match thread earlier.

'We need an extra body in midfield, James and Ndidi are being overran too easily"

King, our only centre mid on the bench comes on "King is ****ing shit wtf shakey out"

• Like 1