Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Harvey Barnes- Barnsley (loan)

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You been on holiday? 

Okazaki gets taken off at half time and after 60 minutes all the while, yet he's probably our most important player in a 4-4-2 right now. 

Okazakis role is to press and close down opposition players, come 60 minutes he's ran himself into the ground. Slightly different to the role Barnes plays.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You been on holiday? 

Okazaki gets taken off at half time and after 60 minutes all the while, yet he's probably our most important player in a 4-4-2 right now. 

Nursing broken ribs.

Okazaki is nearly 32, he's also quite often shit or ineffective, hence being taken off at half time a lot. You don't tend to take good players off at half time without them being a bit poo.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Nursing broken ribs.

Okazaki is nearly 32, he's also quite often shit or ineffective, hence being taken off at half time a lot. You don't tend to take good players off at half time without them being a bit poo.

Only got 1 goal less than Vardy despite playing much less....

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Nursing broken ribs.

Nasty! How you done that? Watching us right now won't help that Hahahaa.

I know, I was just saying that certain players get subbed religiously depending on the type of player/role they play. Barnsley are struggling and it seems by reading their forums that the manager is very trigger happy at changing things and Barnes being the new man is often first to be taken off/bought on. It's understandable, he's on loan there and there's less loyalty to him and plus it's a step up for him and he's obviously still finding his feet.

Hes better off there than with us right now anyway, if Gray can't get a game then how on earth will he over the likely lads? 

If Barnes averages a goal and an assist every 4-5 games in a struggling Championship team he'll have done very well though, but there seems to be a recurring theme that he drifts in and out of games which as a young lightweight player out on the wing is again no surprise!

• Like 1

Just now, MPH said:

Only got 1 goal less than Vardy despite playing much less....

Not really got anything to do with the point, he's doing well this year. But he gets taken off after 60 minutes because he's fooked. Barnes is what, 20? He isn't going to be shattered, he'll be taken off because of lack of impact. And, if a player is getting taken off at half time it means they are ineffective.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Nasty! How you done that? Watching us right now won't help that Hahahaa.

I know, I was just saying that certain players get subbed religiously depending on the type of player/role they play. Barnsley are struggling and it seems by reading their forums that the manager is very trigger happy at changing things and Barnes being the new man is often first to be taken off/bought on. It's understandable, he's on loan there and there's less loyalty to him and plus it's a step up for him and he's obviously still finding his feet.

Hes better off there than with us right now anyway, if Gray can't get a game then how on earth will he over the likely lads? 

If Barnes averages a goal and an assist every 4-5 games in a struggling Championship team he'll have done very well though, but there seems to be a recurring theme that he drifts in and out of games which as a young lightweight player out on the wing is again no surprise!

Took a swan dive after too much booze :D

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Not really got anything to do with the point, he's doing well this year. But he gets taken off after 60 minutes because he's fooked. Barnes is what, 20? He isn't going to be shattered, he'll be taken off because of lack of impact. And, if a player is getting taken off at half time it means they are ineffective.

Errr yes it has?

He's not crap like you are making him out to be.

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

Errr yes it has?

He's not crap like you are making him out to be.

Who said he was crap? This is about Barnes, I didn't bring up Okazaki. I'm countering the point the Okazaki gets brought off at half time, and he's great. So Barnes could be the same. Oka' is doing very well, but anyone saying his performances aren't up and down like a yo-yo and he's not capable of being utterly rubbish and getting dragged off is a liar.

You think someone who gets subbed at half time will be having a good game? No, you don't.

28 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Who said he was crap? This is about Barnes, I didn't bring up Okazaki. I'm countering the point the Okazaki gets brought off at half time, and he's great. So Barnes could be the same. Oka' is doing very well, but anyone saying his performances aren't up and down like a yo-yo and he's not capable of being utterly rubbish and getting dragged off is a liar.

You think someone who gets subbed at half time will be having a good game? No, you don't.

Nothing to do with opposition or ineffective tactics against them for a half time sub? Got always be an ineffective player?

5 hours ago, sphericalfox said:

Nothing to do with opposition or ineffective tactics against them for a half time sub? Got always be an ineffective player?

I'm sure you're right, teams often bring off people playing well to change tactics that aren't working.

29 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm sure you're right, teams often bring off people playing well to change tactics that aren't working.

Well given I've seen managers realise the tactics they set out in the first half be ineffective due to the oppositions setup, they change formation in the second half and someone has to make way. Given we like to forego to the hoof, I've seen him be taken off just for that, or as I recall to add another midfielder due to being overrun. It wasn't that Shinji was dreadful, but he was going to come off at 60mins, so why not earlier and try to change the game or keep ourselves in it as the original plan was evidently shit.

He's forced his way into a championship side and is one of their top scorers. It's understandable a loanee will get subbed. And I've only seen about 30 minutes of a match where little action was going down his wing. I'd like to see him more involved. I no longer think he's our creative midfield saviour but he is very promising.

11 hours ago, Babylon said:

Nursing broken ribs.

You have to then ask, if he is so poo, why does he start every game? Surely if he was that bad ! He wouldn't start the next game?

19 hours ago, waylander said:

The more I find out about you the more I like you. ? Why the handle Babylon while I'm at it . Oh and shinji and Barnes doing OK in under performing teams .

I think his name could be David Gray.

or it was meant to be Baby Lion because he likes Cubs !

Joke Babs before I'm up before the beak!

Edited by cambridgefox
  • Haha 1